Grade 'People With Money'

Nice post.
ANd I don't think anything you posted above was bitchy. I agree on all of your points.
I too don't understand why Flack is up and moving again. At least give him a cane or something! :lol:
I still love Lindsay. Although that scene with the "I know who did it" was out of place, although if I could change the episode I wouldn't take it out becasue everyone, even CSI's, make mistakes and I think this one, although she whinned about it, just proved she was only human.
love Sid. Who doesn't? Everytime he is in the show, I know he is going to make me laugh. I love his glasses. Those are awesome.
I don't like the new detective. I loved Aiden and I feel that she is some kind of copy off of her. Plus like I've said before she takes time away from Flack. :lol:
I too was hoping for a new opening. Oh well. :sigh:

I don't have anything against viewers not liking the new detective, or thinking that she's a photocopy of Aiden (although I disagree on both points, personally ;)), but I really don't understand how anyone thinks she's taking time away from Flack. :confused: She's a supplemental character who serves a distinct purpose--Flack can't do everything, after all. Sure, they might have her as the detective on the A-case while Flack is on the B-case on occassion (assuming that she sticks around, of course), but every character can't get the same amount of screentime in every episode...

I think a lot of people were disappointed with the premiere because, well, they were really anticipating it. Personally, my excitement enhanced the episode when I watched it, and overall I still think it was a good episode. ;) But I'm curious if season premieres ever really live up to expectation?

Another thing that kind of confuses me--if it's not acceptable for a season premiere, why would it be acceptable in the middle of the season, where some people have suggested this episode would fit? :confused: Shouldn't they all be equally as interesting?

I of course agree with the general consensus that Flack's injuries were sort of blown off. My thing is, if they weren't planning on making it a big deal this season, why did they make the wounds so severe in the finale? They could have had him gravely injured without having all of his innards on display--the way that it was portrayed in the season 2 finale really demanded a more long-term commitment to the recovery. And they should have known that to begin with. They also should have known that we'd wonder about just how much time has passed since the finale. Is it real time, with about 4 months having gone by, or was it a longer period of time? I think the writers often expect us to make too many assumptions. They are professional writers, they shouldn't expect us to do the thinking for them.

That brings me to something that sort of bothered me a bit: the clunky lines. The way that Stella mentioned Peyton leaving Columbia to work in the Morgue was sort of...expository. It sounded awkward to me, not like something Stella would actually say to her. It's like I can see the notes for Peyton's character, and the writers just cut-and-pasted them into the dialogue rather than smoothing it out a bit. Then again, that's just me. ;)

That's not the only such line, in this episode or others, but it's the one that sort of sticks out at me at the moment. These are professional writers (listen to me repeating myself :p), I should expect them to do a better job of writing dialogue than the average fan.

That also holds true for the plot holes as well. I don't know how much editing has to do with it, but how long have these writers been working in tv?

Let me also add to the sentiment about the stories being generally about the rich members of NY society, dying in really strange ways. It's not always about the most sensational type of crime--if it's a good show, with a good solid cast and excellent writing, one average person shooting another average person will still work. I think the show writers (for all three shows) are getting caught up in the competition to find the craziest way to kill people, and that's not necessarily good for the show. Concentrate on making everything mesh and we don't need weird cases to hold our attention.

Re: the opening credits. I'm thinking that they probably are planning to do new credits, but they probably want to wait until certain episodes have aired first. Not sure why, but maybe they just don't want to reveal the footage yet. *shrug* They really need to do a new theme video, if only because the characters look different. Let's cross our fingers that they'll unveil a new set of opening credits within the next few episodes. ;)

I'm all for new opening credits since both Vegas and Miami got some spiffy new ones. I just hope we don't get any nasty surprises regarding new characters being added to the credits. Right now, the only addition I'm willing to accept is Hammerback.

I don't think they're likely to add someone to the credits. Perhaps Hammerback, but even that I'm not sure about. Was Hill Harper added to the credits before Hawkes moved out of the morgue?

Anyway, Peyton and Angell are probably temporary and/or infrequent characters, and someone like Adam might have been there for a while, but he's certainly not a main character at this point (Much though I love him, even with the uber-beard :p).

Was Hill Harper added to the credits before Hawkes moved out of the morgue?

Hill was a cast member from the get-go, so was always in the opening creds. ;)

Anyway, I just watched it again, and aside from the obviousness of the killer (and my thinking, wow, Michael Nouri is not looking like the sexpot he was in Flashdance) I think it was a good episode. We have been talking about this episode for a couple of months now, and what I've been noticing is that people seemed to have made up their minds about the episode befor it aired based on all of the spoilers and were predisposed to like or dislike Peyton and Angell long ago. I like them both fine. As peripheral characters, they work fine.

Going back and watching Flack, even though he didn't get much screen time this round, I did wonder that he was up on his feet so quickly. It's possible that he is able to walk upright and unassisted but still has to take it easy? We saw him only for a couple of minutes, so that could work with the severity of his injuries. I'm no expert, I have no idea if three and a half months is enough time for someone to be mobile after injuries that severe.

Finally, Mac/Peyton. Good looking couple and they definitely have a lot of awkwardness to work through, but it looks like they are both talented enough actors to make it work.

Okay, that wasn't finally - I forgot Stella. Please put on a t-shirt. They sell them at the Gap at an affordable price and would look very cute under your suits.

Gave it a B+. Not a bad episode, but not as great as I expected.

And what is it with Mac and British women?

I hate to break it to you guys, but I'm liking both of the new ladies. Especially our new M.E, and I loved her scenes with Mac. I'm guessing this is going to be another season of debate for me :D

I was mostly meaning new pictures of the characters, not necesseraly adding new cast members. E.g Carmine pics have been the same for two seasons or the shots between actor names would have been different (like they've done with LV opening credits)

I liked the Mac/Stella idea but now that he's with Peyton maybe it's time for the Hammerback/Stella one. :devil: *ok,I stop before being sent to the shippers threads*.

I also think det.Angell looked a lot alike to Aiden.

And what was the relation of the suicide girl with the case? :confused:

Hormiga - it was a coincidence that initially confused the evidence. The girl jumped from the same spot that the murder was committed later on - and left her keys, which later were used as the murder weapon.

And to everyone - Angell may look like Aiden, but that doesn't mean she's a Aiden clone. Lots of women have long wavy hair - Sofia Milos is one that comes to mind. Give her a chance? I'm actually wondering if she's a bit of a tomboy, considering her banter with the boys at the start of the case. But she seems generally laid back and quite cool, and I liked it, and hope she's developed some more.

Faylinn said:
Anyway, Peyton and Angell are probably temporary and/or infrequent characters, and someone like Adam might have been there for a while, but he's certainly not a main character at this point (Much though I love him, even with the uber-beard :p).

Adam's uber-beard was like "WHOA" and then I got over it ( he's fuzzy, it's cute ) -- I really wish put him in the show more, he's got great potential and the interactions between he and Danny remain some of my favorite lines in the show.

As for the new girls? I'm not annoyed by Angell, but I think everyone here is right: Aiden 2.0, and I'm not sure its an improvement. I don't like feeling as though the writers are trying to placate us for killing off an extremely popular character ( and I'm still upset at how they did it, too ). But Peyton? While I'm not sure there's enough backstory to the Peyton/Mac romance yet ( please God, give us some more backstory ), she actually doesn't chafe on my nerves as much as I thought. As long as they handle her right, I should be okay.

...A HUGE lack of DL screentime...not that I mind because at this point, the point of attraction has been made, but I was surprised. I'm looking forward to seeing how DL develops.

I too don't understand why Flack is up and moving again. At least give him a cane or something!

Well, given a choice between being medically accurate, or having Flack back on the show, I know which I'd go for!

Ceindreadh said:

Well, given a choice between being medically accurate, or having Flack back on the show, I know which I'd go for!

I'll drink to that! With the reference to "a few more hours of rehab to clock" I'd venture a guess that we haven't seen the end of Flack's recovery process. I love the idea someone had that maybe he'd have nightmares. (For the D/F shippers that opens a new avenue for stories; I've got a couple ideas in my head right now). But it's possible we could see him talking to the department shrink about his nightmares or have something happen during an episode that gives him a flashback of sorts to the bombing. I'm fairly confident that there's more to come on this subject.

After the summer, it makes sense that the actors need to dust off their characters and that they've been mulling them over during the hiatus. Like I said about Carmine or TPTB evolving the Danny character a bit. That always happens. If you watch a show through all the seasons that it's on, you can watch that evolution going on with each of the roles. I personally like the current Danny Messer more than I liked him at the beginning of the series. That's just an example, since we are seeing a very different look on this character in the first episode. I think what will be much more revealing will be to see Carmine work more with the regulars. He did work with Sheldon on this one but I'm looking forward to Danny's interaction with Mac, Flack and yes, even Lindsay. In the premiere he worked mostly with whats-her-name, no dissing intended, I just can't remember the actress's name off hand, and she's someone he hasn't worked with before. So not only is this the first episode they filmed but a new actress as well. When we pair him up with the other regulars on a case we will get more of a chance to see how Danny Messer is evolving.

Well, I didn't mean this to be a dissertation on Carmine/Danny but it is a good example of what I'm talking about. And yes, I would have preferred an non-brunette for the role of the other detective. How about an irish redhead with green eyes, pale skin and freckles? Huh? ;)

Back