Grade 'People With Money'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Am I the only one whose mind went straight to the gutter on reading that? <G>

2. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

:lol: **looks over at Ceindreadh**
    oh you've decided to join me here too?!!! hehe ;)

3. ka990

ka990 Police Officer

Hi - re the start of this episode - in his interview with CSIFiles, Eddie hinted that the beginning of this epidsode (by this I presume he meant before the opening credits), featured Flack. I further got the impression from what he said that Flack was maybe being checked out at the hospital or something, before starting back at work. I think he said that Flack was "showing something - it's mentioned, but not featured" and I have read in a previous post that the scar was shown, just not to us.

Can I ask how did this episode start? :lol:

4. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Good Grief woman! I feel like I have to dust off my brain to read your posts these days.

Agreed. Resemblance to another - coincidentally dead - character does not a clone make. The majority of the people in the world have dark hair and eyes ;)

Can I remind everyone that if they were looking to cast an Aiden replacement, then Anna would have been a dark-haired, dark-eyed woman like Emmanuelle? Also, she was hired as a detective in a recurring role - not as a CSI and probably not as part of the main cast anytime soon.

I happen to like her. She is clearly smart and will not hesitate to put the boys in their place. She has to be smart and more than a little sassy to hold her own in this crowd. No one would have liked to have seen a meeker woman in her place; a meeker person would be completely out of place in this show.

INdeed - Flack did say that it was his first day back. He's not going to be back to his old self anytime soon and I'm glad that TPTB addressed it, albeit in an indirect fashion.

Yeah - you were too busy chatting :lol:

Anyway, next week is going to be awesome, and I stand by my original opinion on the episode - I loved it. I will watch it multiple times this weekend because I have no life and will find things wrong with it, but I like to go with my gut impression

5. Guest

Guest Guest

He was talking to two female CSI's and showing them something on his collar which I thought was weird since the wound/scar is in his abdomen under his left ribs. Anyway, it was cute, and Stella was teasing him about impressing the girls with his battle wounds. Then Lindsay asked him how many phone numbers he'd gotten. He's looking great and it was so good to see him back at work. He told Stella that he has a few more hours of rehab to clock but that the doctor says he's going to be alright. Awesome.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Can I help him clock it? <g>? I can think of lots of things to do for, uh, exercise :devil: *leaves it at that so she doesn't get meter-smacked*

7. Nim

Nim Pathologist

I was ready to write my comments, but... Faylinn, I agree with your 'rewatch episode' post! Don't know what add more!!! :lol:

Everyone was HOT, I had to play rewind a lot of times because I was looking and drooling, and not following the episode!!!

I give it an A. Not the plus, because it's only the first episode...

8. Cass

Cass Police Officer

I gave it an A. I like it, I think it was really good considering ity was the first episode. Eberyone was looking good and I'm glad to see Flack back on his feet. ;)

9. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I really enjoyed it except I'd rather see Mac with Stella since I have no clue who the lady is. Plus I miss the dude who was the ME(can't remember his name, dog now). Was good seeing Michael Nouri again. Guess, I'll just have to wait & see how it all pans out but, I gave it an A+. LOL

10. FlackAttack

FlackAttack Prime Suspect

Thanks lyne! I'm glad to know I'm not the only Flack obsessed person out there. My banner's getting a bit old though, I'm getting in the mood to make a new one. Oh, and I'd love to see your Danny/Flack banner when it's done, since I love Danny too!

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Hmm, that's very true. I don't get the sense that the cases are personal to her, that they really affect her, unless she feels connected in some way to the victim. If the dead body on the bridge had been a woman from somewhere near Montana, she would have been just as quick to jump to conclusions, but she probably would have been the Lindsay-version-of-intense (which, by the way, doesn't really work for me) and she would have snapped at anybody who went against her hunch. True, I could be making assumptions, but...

Listen to y'all making fun of my long-ass posts. :lol: You know you all like reading my novels. ;)

Hush! :lol: I went back and rewatched it yesterday, stop laughing at me. :lol: Besides, you know that chat was fun. ;)

Well, that's a good point. :lol: You can't really pay much attention to the actual letter grade I give an episode because I think I've only ever voted a few lower than A+. :lol: But then, I'm usually happy with the show regardless of the negative things I say, so...yeah, I'm just easy.

Easy to please, you gutter-minded people. :p

12. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

He had a nasty looking burn/cut on the right side of his neck as well. Of course there was that bit of metal that got stuck in his cheek, that should have left a scar but I didn't see anything in any pics. Maybe he's using concealer or something <g>

13. ka990

ka990 Police Officer

Thanks, Lyne :lol:

14. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

Gave the ep a C-. Boring predictable cases that made no sense. Guess bunjee sex must really suck if you can manage to spot a dead body while bouncing around in more ways than one. And the photo imaging thing...just how stupid does TPTB think their audience is? Or maybe they're counting on it so they don't have to account for why their plot has more holes than a pumice stone.

Don't care about either of the new girls. To be honest, I started playing my PSP about ten minutes in and simply listened because I was bored.

Lindsay...still annoying. Don't care anymore.

Stella...it's sad if the most presence you have is your girls.

Mac...I liked the Rose girl better. Can't say much for his choice if he works with her and she likes rubbing it in while they're on the job. Not very professional.

Peyton...see above. Not very professional and sort of high school theatrics. Other than that, don't care.

Angell...had the same Aiden flash that everyone else did. Other than that, liked her attitude. If I decide to tune in once in a while, it'll be interesting to see where she takes the character. If she lasts.

Hammerback...man, if you were the star of the show, I'd keep watching.

Hawkes...still wasted. Kill half the now gi-normous cast and let the man have a chance to shine.

Danny...ehh, barely noticed you and then it was only with Hawkes. Love that team up. They should do more with it.

Flack...man, I started watching the show for you. Never see enough of you and I really wish you could make up for all the other crap this show now shovels. But they never show you without your shirt on unless you're bleeding, so it's a sad farewell. I'll always have the first season to remember you by.

Loved the new editing. The fast moving paces between shots of New York. That actually gave it a New York feel rather than a plastic set feel. Made it feel like the big city rather than laid back Cali style.

As a parting wish...because I am not sitting through another hour of the same plot poorly executed with evidence that makes no sense and is impossible...I wish that rather than hire more actors, TPTB would hire writers who actually have talent. I wish they would return to plots with substance rather than overstated romance to sell the show. If I wanted a soap opera, I'd TIVO General Hospital.

About the only way I'd tune in next week is if they killed Lindsay off, but even then, I think the show is a loss. There are better crime shows out there, more smartly written. Blame The Closer or Bones for spoiling me, but I now demand to have a plot that holds my interest and is, if not original, at least different.

To those I have argued with, debated with, scorned and amused, I bid adieu. I think the CSIFiles site is the best message board I have been on, those who take the time to make it good should be commended for the effort they put into it. Keep up the marvelous work.

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Alrighty.

I have to say I was very disappointed. Season premiere should be some megaasskickingsuperhyperawesomeepisode but this was dull. Seriously. It's like some mid-season episode.Boring. No excitement. The only shocking moment was the beginning Mac without a shirt. I just stared him mouth wide open :lol:

Christ, what a lousy bodies they had! The blonde girl, she moved her fingers (When Hawkes grabbed her hand) and you could see her breathing! the another dead woman (at the morgue), you could see her eyelids.. or eyes moving when eyes were closed!

:rolleyes:

Why oh why they had to make this Mac's lovergirl someone else than pathologist? Like they don't have enough of them in CSINY?

Flack. Seriously. Back on duty already? his whole stomach was open, we could see his cuts and that shoelace would caused him horrible infection that was probably treated with lots of antibiotics. And he was already back in duty. My dad had operation (prostate cancer, prostate was removed) and for three months he wasn't allowed to lift anything that is heavier than 2kg. And bunch of other things. but Flack is back up and running after fewmonths like he just had only a flu.

Man, I've never posted such a bitching post.

Stella. Well, nothing. She was like always. Except again wearing a shirt that her boobs almost jumped off the shirt again. Even my mother noticed this when watching season 1 with me! She said "I wonder is it nice to wear a shirt, what makes you look like your boobs are ready to jump outside?"
    So please, give her better shirt. Otherwise Stella is still a kickass.

Lindsay. I think the mistake... at least she figured out who it went and that she made mistake. I mean, if you start to worry every mistake, then your motivation will die. Of course you have to learn from mistakes. The only bugging moment was when she went to Mac and Stella (with wrong) info about "who did it". She was like little girl, who went to tell mom and dad that she found an awesome beatle from the frontyard! Yayness!

Otherwise, I still try to think positive about her.

Sid.My light in the show. I love him. He's awesome. The only good thing in this episode. <3

Plus. No changed opening credits. Sucks.