Grade 'No Good Deed'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 25, 2009.

?

How would you grade No Good Deed?

1. A+

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. A

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. B+

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. C+

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

^^^ it wasn't as vicious as some of the other attacks she's launched on Adam but it's when Stella and Adam are pouring over the hidden camera footage in the alarm clock, Adam says his piece about "That's not how I'd treat my sister." When Lindsay comes waddling in like only a pregnant woman can and steps into his space as she lodges some flash drive in a usb port claiming, what was the line? "Hey, sorry gotta pull rank Adam."

Really...could "s'cuse me you should take a look at this." not have sufficed? Why would someone so low on the food chain even bring rank into it? What's her malfunction?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

It is towards the end, Adam is showing Mac the footage of the brother trying to kiss the vic wife and then Lindsay comes in with a flashdrive and some other evidence (can't remember what) and basically she cuts Adam off saying something about pulling rank and then goes onto talk about her evidence. There was something about it I didn't like. I am also not sure a CSI does pull rank over a lab scientist whilst in the lab, for all the both report to Mac it is a totally different chain of command. Even if she does sit higher than him in the hierachy that doesn't automatically mean her findings are more important than Adams.

3. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I, too, have no recollection of Lindsay doing that to Adam. However, I have been in positions (such as the one I am in now) where people MUCH higher than I am are respectful and polite. It's not about rank, but about a person. Well, that's just my opinion. Others may differ on that last statement.

4. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

5. roximonoxide

Wow, you must come from some seriously hostile work environments. When, for example, doctors and nurses work together there's a common understanding that while a doctor might have "rank" any MD who walks around all day crapping on the nurses making sure to mention who's got rank in just about every conversation does NOT a good coworker make. I'm not sure Lindsay does have rank, but that really isn't the point here. It's kind of a common courtesy, at least in my world to not spend my days at work reminding everyone whom I have some scrap of authority over that I'm the bitch in charge here! Just in case you forgot!

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I didn't pay attention to that either. However being higher in rank it doesn't mean you disrespect him (but i repeat i didn't watch it)

BTW I DO love Adam's scenes. He is not silly, he is not there to pleae the fans. I think he is there because he is adorable. Not, actually the word which describes him perfectly is ADORKABLE
    His Bird Dance describes him perfectly how he sinks in an investigation.

Debbie ;)

7. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

9. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Have to say I did like this episode it had a mix of everything.

I loved the start it was nice to see the friendship and it was nice to see it throughout the ep because normally its an ending part. Tho when they talked about Ella in Mac's office it annoyed me because i'm either going mad with tiredness and seeing things or Stella's jumper sleeves changed places every camera shot cos i kept swearing it was her elbow then her jumper was over her arms... :lol: might just be me going mad.

Ella is creepy, she has that look which you know she is far from normal but she can turn in on and off and Mac's strangely falling for it.

The DL scene was actualy quite nice, it didn't take over from anything and it made me smile at Lindsays reaction because the way it was was like it was almost a normal occurance she had to put up with.

Loved Adam, he has some of the best lines or scenes and the impersonating is a bird is classic having Danny there is better because the way they interact.

Flack was flack and thats the thing i love he is so sarcastic and to the point it makes me giggle.

The case was cool, very strange and i liked the way they started it with the eyeball it made it slightly more enjoyable because you're thinking ok an eyeball where next though with teh contact lense its always like "oooh how convienient!" :lol:

i'm definately intrieged to see where the ella/mac story is going because it almost feels like its going to be another mac kidnapped story but i feel they could twist it.

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think I was concentrating on trying to figure out whether Adam had just revealed that he had a sister, therefore missing what happened next. From the way it sounds, what she did is totally uncalled for. I can't imagine Hawkes shoving past Lindsay to share his evidence, citing that he's been there longer, or Danny shoving past Hawkes in the same fashion.

Maybe we're supposed to humor her because she's pregnant. :rolleyes:

If Danny had shoved past Adam and said he was pulling rank, it would still be annoying. Just because Adam isn't a CSI doesn't make him any less qualified or less deserving of respect.

Well, as long as she smiled. :rolleyes:

11. roximonoxide

Seniority does not always equal rank, and I don't mean for a second that she had no right to go in there and have her piece heard. She just, as usual, chooses to be a brat about doing it.

A smile! Oh well then that changes everything, doesn't it! Forgive me, but if someone approached me with a smile while insulting my intelligence I don't think I'd be any less inclined to smack that smile off their face.

ETA:

Of course! I keep forgetting, pregnant women can get away with murder!

12. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I couldn't recall that moment so I just re-watched it. I don't believe there's anything behind it. It didn't come across like she was disrespecting Adam. She just needed to show something important and he didn't seem to mind. No bad intention there in my opinion. But I have to admit that if I was one of the writers I would have given Lindsay a better line.

I guess when really disliking a character some people like to pick apart everything that character does, hold a magnifying-glass over it and rant about it. Don't get me wrong, I love to rant every once in a while. Too bad I don't dislike Lindsay that much nowadays so I could to join. :rolleyes:

13. roximonoxide

I might be inclined to agree if it weren't such a staple of Lindsay's character to treat the tech's, chiefly Adam, like dirt. If it was her first offense I probaby wouldn't see it as so hostile. But like we've made abundantly clear, she's a repeat offender and it's become a part of her hideously developed character. I guess when people are infatuated with a character it's pretty hard to admit they're capable of being insipid....God, I hate sweeping and poorly veiled, insinuations, don't you?

C'mon now...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

That's exactly what happens when it comes to Lindsay here. I like Lindsay but I'm not her biggest fan. It's just that what she did wasn't a big deal at all but because people dislike her character it's made into a big deal. But I come to expect that. :hugegrin:

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Guys, can we please keep this on topic about the show and not about other posters. If people want to criticize a character they can; the same holds true of defending a character.

Faylinn and La Guera had a perfectly civilized exchange about Adam in which they took different viewpoints--I'm not sure why the same can't hold true of a debate about Lindsay.

Stuff like this:

and this

is unnecessary, so keep it out of this forum. Thanks.