Grade 'Like Water for Murder'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 16, 2008.

?

How would you grade Like Water for Murder?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. A

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. A-

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. B+

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AbbyD

AbbyD Dead on Arrival

Hi Abby, welcome to the board. :) Yeah, honestly, she wouldn't be able to tell that. In the episode they determine it to be slate, so I would have thought that the obvious choice would have been that it was from a roof tile, but that's just me.

Because I'm in the mood for looking things up, I had a look back at the episode and at one point Stella says something along the lines of the cuts made on the victims being from a gravestone or 'something made of the same kind of material', so she's keeping an open mind. And later when they are identifying the trace elements found in the lacerations, the computer screen says that it's 'hypothetical origin' is a gravestone. So basically Lindsay was guessing at the origin, and was correct of course due to it being necessary for the plot. :lol:[/quote]

OK, I guess I can accept that. I know that we have to suspend disbelief, but that just seemed like such a fantastical leap. I admit that Lindsey drives me up the wall so I tend to tune out everything she says. Which makes following some of the plot line difficult! :lol:

I just have to thank my lucky stars that she didn't do some goofy "imitating a gravestone" demonstration like she did climbing into the trunk. I can't believe that Mac accepts that kind of nonsense from her.:rolleyes:

2. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

Don't forget that Father Antonio was the prosecutor at Lindsay's trial in SOoH.:drool:

3. garysloveslave

garysloveslave Dead on Arrival

i gave it a b+. it was a good episode, but it could have been better. i cant put my finger on it, but ever since they came back from the writers strike. something has just been off about the show. :wtf:

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Welcome to the board, AbbyD! :D Great to have you here.

To add to what Elsie said, I also think there was debris that was 9/11 associated on the stone, which explains how they figured out it was near Ground Zero, but I guess that doesn't explain the graveyard connection. So, basically, what Elsie said sums it up best. One of those convenient CSI leaps they make sometimes. :lol:

I know!!! :D I was beyond excited to see that! :D

You and me both! I find it hard to follow her because she just kind of prattles on and on in a really irritating way. I don't have that problem with any of the other characters.

I guess we should count ourselves lucky on that front. :lol: But yeah, Mac is way more patient than he should be...

5. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Aha! I thought he looked familiar :lol:

He actually let her slip with that mistake (which was a way bigger one than Hawkes and Adam did in the last season and Mac humiliated them both, but it hasn't reached the level of Danny's mistakes :D)

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I must have missed Father Antonio in "Sleight Out of Hand"--I love that guy! He was a total babe on Sunset Beach.

Mac definitely should have been harder on Lindsay about the mistake, given how he's chewed Danny, Hawkes, Adam and Aiden out in the past on stuff that was similar, and in some case, lesser offenses.

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

hmm wasn't sure where to put this, but this eppy scored high ratings for the toronto area ratings. It came in third place, after the two eppys of American Idol...congrats! Canadians love NY :thumbsup: