• D

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • D-

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • F

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters
*lisasimpson* said:
i think this is plausible, definitely! again, i don't know whether stella/mac will ever get together, i'm inclined to think it wouldn't happen til the very end, but then as i said above, GFD really did seem to be going in that direction so i hope they don't just drop that tension. i think stella was probably trying to "contact" mac during this one, but i don't know about the regret thing, or even adam being "wrong", it's entirely possible that if this was a substitute thing that she took that decision of sound mind and is quite happy to live with it.

I'm still unsure about Adam and Stella ending up together. I never imagine them together because they are just that different from each other -- but don't they say opposite attracts one another? Or whatever how you say it in English :lol: If the writers want to push if further between them, in order to get Smacked moving maybe or have a domino effect on the other characters?, I'm curious at how they'll make things happen. Nothing indicated that Stella could ever think of Adam as a love interest, so we'll need some explanation from her side. And am I still the only one that doesn't get why the writers "paired" them :p? I'm still trying to see how they could "complete" each other with their personalities and nope, I don't see it. Stella is way to matured for Adam. But she probably needs a good laugh after her near-death experience and who better than Adam for that? He was the only one that seemed OK about the events, smiling and cracking jokes -- even to Danny.

CSI:NYchick said:
Don't worry, my post had nothing to do with yours if yours was posted before mine. I was just adding my two cents to the conversation in general lol And it always takes me so much time to write my posts (meaning people have plenty of time to post before mine makes it through the forum) because English is not my mother tongue so I need to concentrate even more on my words and all. Not always good phrase structures but I'm doing my best lol

i don't know of this was already posted in the previous posts (too many to read everything lol), but what was with flack's badge in mac's office? it was beside danny's ID. mac mentioned flack was in a leave of absence, but does that mean he has to give up his badge?

i don't know of this was already posted in the previous posts (too many to read everything lol), but what was with flack's badge in mac's office? it was beside danny's ID. mac mentioned flack was in a leave of absence, but does that mean he has to give up his badge?

I think it was a continuity error and this time it was supposed to be Danny's badge. :confused:

*lisasimpson* said:
i think this is plausible, definitely! again, i don't know whether stella/mac will ever get together, i'm inclined to think it wouldn't happen til the very end, but then as i said above, GFD really did seem to be going in that direction so i hope they don't just drop that tension. i think stella was probably trying to "contact" mac during this one, but i don't know about the regret thing, or even adam being "wrong", it's entirely possible that if this was a substitute thing that she took that decision of sound mind and is quite happy to live with it.

I'm still unsure about Adam and Stella ending up together. I never imagine them together because they are just that different from each other -- but don't they say opposite attracts one another? Or whatever how you say it in English :lol: If the writers want to push if further between them, in order to get Smacked moving maybe or have a domino effect on the other characters?, I'm curious at how they'll make things happen. Nothing indicated that Stella could ever think of Adam as a love interest, so we'll need some explanation from her side.

yeah, opposites often do attract i guess. i don't know, it might be a ploy to kickstart stella/mac, because these things have a habit of affecting others, especially if said others are perhaps a little bit in love with one of the pairing. i don't know about them ending up together (adam/stella) - what i meant about the substitute thing was that it might be that stella really just wants mac but as he's not showing any interest in that department, maybe adam is her "this will do for now" kind of thing. that doesn't make it wrong, it's her choice, and sometimes waiting around for someone to notice you is very boring, it's good to at least have some fun in the meantime.

And Mac would look like a hypocrite after his relationship with Peyton if he tried to enforce a no-fraternization policy. We like to think that somebody has professional standards somewhere.
I don't think Mac has a no-fraternization policy -- at least, not a strict one. Otherwise, Danny or Lindsay would've been transferred by now. If there's an issue with Adam/Stella, it could be due to some type of supervisor/subordinate relationship. But even that's murky because I don't know that it's been clearly specified whether Stella is in a true supervisory role. She just acts like it because sometimes she gives instructions and directs work.

And am I still the only one that doesn't get why the writers "paired" them :p? I'm still trying to see how they could "complete" each other with their personalities and nope, I don't see it.
Leaving aside the continuity issues for a moment, the choice of Adam does sort of make sense. If the writers really are going with a storyline where Stella's mindset changes and she starts to put self first, live in the moment, etc. who on the team would actually be most susceptible to getting involved with her? Not Mac or Flack (the old Flack, I mean)....they know her best and probably would realize something's off and try to help her in a different way. And I think Sheldon would do the same or at least think about the consequences first. On the other hand, Adam doesn't have the same level of maturity and experience and also has a crush on Stella, so he's more likely to jump in without really thinking about the consequences. If that's the case, this won't really be a storyline about two people trying to complete each other -- more like one person taking a different road for awhile until she can find her new, improved "self."

I'm still a bit wary of whether they can write this storyline in a way that does not pull Stella down too much, but if done right, at the end, we should have a better idea of who Stella is and what she really wants out of life. Of course, that's asusming that they really intend to proceed with the affair storyline.

I'm still a bit wary of whether they can write this storyline in a way that does not pull Stella down too much, but if done right, at the end, we should have a better idea of who Stella is and what she really wants out of life. Of course, that's asusming that they really intend to proceed with the affair storyline.

Curiosity,
you have expressed my thoughts exactly. I know they have the talent but i doubt they know Stella enough. Not yet at least. I believe she is keeping from other people her true emotions. She only showed a little bit of it in Greece when she couldn't hide how much affected she was by losing Professor P. her only connection to her past so far. So if there must be some scene between Mac and Stella regarding this "relationship":rolleyes: with Adam i hope she really frees her emotions in a "waterfall". Another Mac/Stella catfight. That would be GREAT :D

^ i agree, i admit that continuity isn't always their strong point but the main characters do seem relatively consistent, so i think i trust their judgement on this one.

They are responsible for CREATING Stella, so I think they know her better than anyone else could or should.
oh yes! Nobody denies they have created her. But certainly there are storylines that don't fit the way a character has grown on screen. At least that's how i feel as a viewer:rolleyes:

They are responsible for CREATING Stella, so I think they know her better than anyone else could or should.
oh yes! Nobody denies they have created her. But certainly there are storylines that don't fit the way a character has grown on screen. At least that's how i feel as a viewer:rolleyes:

The only inconsistencies I see with Stella are with her background. First we were supposed to believe she grew up in an orphanage and then we were supposed to believe she was in foster care for a while and then they went back to the orphanage story.

As far as how she behaves she's been pretty consistent. Sleeping with Adam was unexpected, but I don't think it's necessarily out of character for her especially since she's dealt with a lot of trauma in the last few episodes of S5. She's slept with/been pursued by other men on the show. The only difference with Adam is that he isn't a psycho. I'd say her taste in men has improved greatly.

PerfectAnomaly said:
The only inconsistencies I see with Stella are with her background. First we were supposed to believe she grew up in an orphanage and then we were supposed to believe she was in foster care for a while and then they went back to the orphanage story.

As far as how she behaves she's been pretty consistent. Sleeping with Adam was unexpected, but I don't think it's necessarily out of character for her especially since she's dealt with a lot of trauma in the last few episodes of S5. She's slept with/been pursued by other men on the show. The only difference with Adam is that he isn't a psycho. I'd say her taste in men has improved greatly.

LOL, yes I agree with you, her past is a bit messed up! Maybe in S6 we will find out that she had a kid in yung age who knows :lol: Or Or she is actually doughter of a powerfull man who is still alive and he will make an appearence soon! :lol:

Also her taste in men this far sux!!! 2 psychos is not good score!! and Although I didn't like the Adam/Stella thingy I think that her taste improved yes :lol: :lol:

yep, couldn't agree more. it's about time she was with someone who will be good to her.

yep, couldn't agree more. it's about time she was with someone who will be good to her.

:lol: it does seem kind of a habit of the woman of csi to go out with idiots or psychos. although the men seem to do pretty well.

Last edited:

Not to mention the fact that she's supposedly only 34 years old? No fffing way.

I'm back with part 2 of my review now that I've finally managed to read everything posted here. Pretty much all I wanted to say has already been discussed so I'll add a couple of things more:

Lindsay: I'll probably sound like a hypocrite because I repeatedly asked for a better Lindsay --both the character and the acting-- and now that my wish has been granted, I realize it's not enough. This Lindsay-is-a-whole-new-person situation is unrealistic and too forced for me and it's not about Anna this time -she was pretty convincing and made me root for her in almost all her scenes.
I agree with everyone that she is acting like a caring, responsible wife and mother, but people don't change that much in a short period of time. Let's not forget that they haven't been married for that long: if I remember correctly she was 7 months pregnant just before the wedding, so I'll put her at 7-8 months at that moment. I guess that no more than a couple of months passed between Lucy's birth and the shooting, add another month until "Epilogue" and they've probably been married for aprox 4-5 months. Since Lindsay left on maternity leave just after the wedding and Lucy was born the same day she returned, it's safe to say they haven't been together like a real couple until the birth. And with a newborn and a demanding job, I seriously doubt they had time to discuss their multiple issues: it wasn't that long ago that Lindsay didn't want to tell Danny about the baby or marry him and she apparently changed her mind moments before the wedding. It's obvious that these two have a huge communication problem and they couldn't possibly had the time to address it with everything that has happened since they got married, so the underlying fears are still there. They just don't magically evaporate with a marriage. :rolleyes:

I agree that being married means a stronger commitment, therefore it's understandable that fears and doubts are temporarily put aside to build a solid foundation for the relationship, but they don't disappear with the exchange of the vows, and ignoring them will only bring more trouble in the future.

I can understand Danny lying about his chances of recovery to protect Lindsay, but why didn't she go to the doctor with him? I know, probably because Danny didn't want her to worry excessively or because they couldn't find a nanny or whatever excuse, but then why didn't Lindsay ask Hawkes or Sid for their professional opinion? If she claims to know Danny she should suspect that he isn't telling the truth or at least she should try to learn what's the best way to help him cope emotionally and physically. That shows IMO that nothing has changed with these two, even though they probably believe that they have put their problems behind them now that they are married.

I believe that Lindsay loves Danny -I've always believed it although I don't care about their relationship- so I predicted that Lindsay would act different if only for fear of losing Danny. Now, I'm glad that the writers choose to show this side of Lindsay, but it feels a little too much: what I really saw is that she was trying to put a brave front for Danny like she has probably been doing since the shooting. She can't afford to lose it with a newborn and an injured husband, but that doesn't mean she's not suffering and feeling alone. She was too reassuring and too optimistic and I found it hard to believe her, she sounded as if saying it out loud would make things easier. It seemed to me that she was trying to comfort both of them, not just Danny.

Lindsay can't possibly go from miss "it's all about me" to "I'll be at your side cheering you up forever and ever, no matter what, I'm unbreakable". She's been there before, she knows that Danny is difficult to handle when things are a mess, so even though they both are more equipped emotionally to deal with things this time, it's still too early and I doubt that Lindsay feels so brave as she sounds. She has to be terrified and unsure of what to do. She should lean on somebody else or she'll lose it and that's not what Danny needs. His optimism seems to be hanging by a thread, probably because Lindsay is acting the way he needs, but why if she can't do it anymore? Lindsay should seek comfort and advice in her friends and colleagues. If she continues doing this alone, I predict trouble in D/L land.

At least I hope the writers acknowledge that the transition between being married because they were having a baby and being a solid couple shouldn't be a smooth one in terms of realistic writing.

Danny: Am I the only one that noticed that everybody seems to be walking on eggshells around him? They all seemed to accept that Danny is doing fine because he seems so and because he has Lindsay who seems very strong and supportive, so nobody is trying to reach out to see how things really are. The only one that seemed to sense that Danny is not a-ok was Flack and poor thing has a lot of things to worry about. It really proves how close they are -and it made my day- but he can't be 100% there for Danny this time and I doubt Lindsay will be strong enough if this ends up in a major breakdown.

There was something wrong about the way Danny acted, like he was breaking in the inside but trying to be his old self in the outside and even when he was speaking to Lindsay and he seemed a little bit more defeated he still sounded too nonchalant for Danny. That's just a facade IMO and that's why I hated that they showed us this scruffy, ragged Danny to prove he's really having a hard time instead of really showing us how he is feeling.

I hate unsubtle writing and NY's scripts are sometimes very in-your-face. It was unnecessary to show Danny that way because Carmine would have made us feel and believe Danny's pain without all the cheap, unsubtle visuals. Or at least have Danny talk with somebody other than his wife so we can judge how he really is. Being Danny, he will try to avoid adding more burden to his wife's problems with his fears.
If we have to believe in what we see, Danny is going to be a total optimist by next episode since his 10% feels like a 100% with all the support he is receiving.

I'm sorry but that's bullsh*t. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back