"Goodbye & Good Luck" Discussion *SPOILERS*

wow, your going to stop watching csi just because Jorja left? Really? It's not like they lost WP or MH.

But, hey at least they dedicated a episode to Jorja leaving, some shows don't do that.

i do not want to see Sara leave. but if time is a healer for this period.
i do not think that after all this time of being with Grissom that she will not able to stay away, or mayhaps that he would go after her.
what do you think?

I'm really liked this episode. the season hasn't been as good as years past IMO. I'm glad sara left. it's for the better. and next week. looks so funny. hhaa. so do you guys think she will make any apperence in futher episodes./

I don't know if I'll be able to continuing watching either and it's not just because of Sara.

The team has become so distant and the case's are tired and old. Ronnie bugs me and now that Sara's gone, no more GSR, which was why I started watching the show. I do still love forensic science though.

Wow. If there was ever a time to state my feelings over an episode, this would have to be it. Glad I'm not the only one who was upset that the Greg/Sara scene was cut. She leaves without telling the team? I did not like that.

The case was odd. I guess Hannah liked her brother more than normal (or was that just me?) :confused: Sara really got rattled by the whole thing and during all her scenes with the new girl (Ronnie. Meh.) I just kept saying/thinking how Ronnie was so much like the Sara from the early seasons. Caring, looking for justice Sara.
Way to really hammer the point, writers. Sara's replacement is like the old (technically younger) fresh-faced, not jaded Sara... That's not gonna make me like her more. In fact, it just kind of made me sad, because I found myself recalling older episodes. With the dead gorilla and the woman who was almost beaten to death. I think you all know what I'm referring to.

Actually that's a good way to describe this episode as a whole: Sad. And I mean it in both the depressing sense, and the pathetic sense (mostly because of the way she made her exit. How do you not tell your colleagues who have come to be your friends!? Grissom isn't the only one who deserves to know.)

Yes. Sadness all around. Sad for Hannah. Sad for Marlon. Sad that Sara left, and the preview for next week's episode kind of seemed to make light of the sadness. It was weird. I was mopey and confused during the commercials then the preview for the Thanksgiving episode comes up and it's some "crazy!Hodges" episode. Hmmm... I suppose I'm still a bit bitter that he took over Greg's role of "silly lab tech".

In any case, the episode left me with mixed feelings. Most of them negative/depressing.
Sigh.gif

Oh, the one thing that I did like was the abuse scene where Sara just looked on. She looked like a small child again, watching her parents argue. That scene brought tears to my eyes.

I wonder if someone will clue Ronnie in to why Sara was so emotionless to the abuse case?

ok, well the episode wasn't as great as I thought it would be. It wasn't to bad, but there were parts where it seemed like they were just going through the motions.

I was kinda surprised at the end results between Marlon and Hannah, I didn't expect him to do what he did. And how weird was it to see Hannah as a prof...lol, kinda had flashbacks to Doogie Howser :lol:!

I too, liked the fact that they set up the beginnings to Warricks story line, by having Sara bump into him in the locker room. I thought that was an interesting way to start. At least now we won't be super surprised when this eppy airs, that he's on meds.

Nick and Greg scenes are always fun to watch, whether serious or not...they've always worked well together. But I was a little surprised as well at the cut scene between Greg and Sara...hmm...maybe it was for the best...well, we'll never know that now.

I thought the kiss was a little awkward, but amusing at the dumb-found expression on Hodges face...heheh! I thought that scene was going to be a group thing, but apparently not! It was just him there talking to Gris! I still don't know if I liked "HOW" sara left.*scratches head* It was kinda impersonal, but at the same time, probably the easiest way for her. I am not a fan of GSR, but I did kinda feel for each...but that is about it...no tissue boxes or tears shed for that scene.

I just found it all very sad. This episode left way too many holes, and too much needing to be explained. Why bother having Grissom and Sara get engaged if she just up and leaves. It feels very disjointed. It would have been better if she had just not survived the kidnapping. Or better yet, this episode it is revealed that everything since the kidnapping has been a Grissom dream (a la Bobby Ewing).

Well I am extremely upset about how Sara's leaving was handled. It makes no sense what-so-ever that she would leave Gil. CSI, yes...Gil, no; especially after her acceptance of his proposal 3 episodes ago. It is totally unbelieveable that Sara, who chased after the man of her dreams for 6 years, dumps him a month after he proposes, by leaving him a "Dear John" letter.

TPTB could have placated everyone by having Sara leave her job at CSI to teach or go back to school, but she stays with Gil. That way, those of us who are GSR fans can dream of them living happily ever after, and those who don't like GSR, don't have to deal with it because Sara is gone from CSI.

And so help me, if TPTB try to put Gil into another relationship, or get him dating, I will scream because it would be VERY OOC for him to do that. They better be showing how Sara's leaving affects Gil as well, but knowing TPTB, it will all be forgotten, and Gil will act as if nothing has changed or happened. Grrrrr!!!! I am sooo frustrated right now. :mad:

The rest of the episode was good. I liked the Hannah/Marlon storyline alot.

I actually thought it was done pretty well, and Jorja did a good job of acting the role, probably the best I've seen from her in the series.

Can't say I agree with a lot of Sara's actions, but then again, that's been true for her in many cases, and also true for the other CSIs a number of times. What I did feel was compelling was that, given what I knew about Sara and her past, her actions were believable. Not justifiable, but believable.

I'll miss the character. I would've liked to have seen her grow and move on to a stronger, more independent persona, but that wasn't the way the powers-that-be saw it. Given that, I think Jorja did the best she could with the character, and I think she did a whole lot more with Sara than most other TV actresses I'm seeing nowadays could've managed.

Well, as much as I used to love Sara, and still love Jorja, I just couldn't take tonight's episode seriously. I know the kiss scene should've been a big deal, but all I could do was laugh at Hodges. I really enjoyed the Greg/Nick scene, even though he just HAD to mention girls. It was also nice to see Hannah again, and how she interacted with Sara. All in all, I thought it was a good episode, but this is coming from someone who couldn't wait to see Sara go..

I felt very sorry for Grissom at the end. Poor guy gets a 'Dear John' letter and that's how she ends the relationship.

Grissom deserved better then that!!!

It was a good episode though. I really like the actress who plays Hannah, she's a great actress. I wanted to throttle her myself a few times which is indicative of someone who can really pull off playing a creepy character.

I felt sorry for Marlon too.

I finished watching and I'm wiping the tears from my eyes. It's taken me a few minutes to be able to make sense of the episode. I watched it with my hubby. I thought a lot of it was funny...any scene without Sara in it. Greg as goth, lubricant, Nick waving down to Cath, etc. It showed how everyone is normal, life moves on for everyone but Sara.

It's twice now that Nick has said Grissom's catch-phase before the credits (unobservant hubby caught that one). Even in the dorm, Nick was doing Grissom's job with Greg...not really listening to the Goth story.

I noticed to make Sara looked ragged she had no makeup and dark circles...like a ghost. Did anyone else think that Warrick's pill were hers? (Funny she's the first one to find out about his dirty little habit.)

Sara was sad throughout-sad music on the IPOD, throwing away bloody boots, a sad distance stare. Only Grissom, who loves her, noticed.

I went back and forth on the Hannah thing into who did it. I can see and feel Sara's frusteration at being able to figure the puzzle out (remember the model's datebook whose code she broke).

I didn't have a clock by the TV, so I thought Sara and Gil were going to have a conversation, her phone rings, on the campus, cuts the vest, and she's gone...But the kiss. I loved it and hated it at the same time.

Finally the letter...the words killed me. I loved how the directors did "fade to black background" while Sara was in the locker room and Gil read the letter.

I don't know what to think now. Is the engagement over? Is she coming back? Will my Gilbert be ok? Where is she going? When did she have time to pack? Why didn't she clean out her locker? Why didn't she take the picture of them? Why didn't they have some cute couple pictures? WHY DIDN'T THEY GET MARRIED BEFORE SHE LEFT!!!

Unfortunately with the strike, I may never get the answers I want. Good-bye Sara and Good Luck.

Oh, and why do funny next week? I hope the promo is wrong and it's more angsty with Sara gone.

It was an okay episode, but I think it could have been done much better.

I think it was funny the way the writers addressed ending the GSR, that is, by NOT addressing it. :rolleyes: I guess it's how they handled most the relationship anyway.

Hannah is really screwed up, and I felt bad for Marlon.

I wish the Greg/Sara scene hadn't been cut, but maybe it was for the best as I can't picture them fighting anyway, so the scene may have just been too forced.

Either way I think losing a cast member is what's best for the show in the long run, as their biggest problem has been that the cast is way too big for an hour show.

going to bed now, I'll type more when I'm awake. ;)

Back