Gilbert <3 Cathy #26: PureJoy--Layout Room. Right Away!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gilbert <3 Cathy #26: PureJoy--Layout Room. Right Awa

Ah Ms. Willows's birthday. That's always a nice occasion, is it not? :lol: Happy Belated Birthday Emily..hope you had a CSI-filled one. :)

A part of me wishes CSI could be a little more dramatic at times, although it was the forensics that I originally fell in love with. In reference to the Entertainment Weekly article...perhaps it's true that CSI isn't the most hip show on TV nowadays, and...me, being the 16-year-old teenage that I am, would like some characteristics of the more hip-shows like Grey's (although I've never seen a single episode of it, I hear it's reasonably dramatic). I don't know...sometimes I think they could play with the characters a little bit more...although...what we ended up with may be the result of their idea of "playing with the characters". Playing = Changing ? At least that's what happened to Grissom.

Eh. Ranting.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHERINE + Grissom will give you a big kiss!

csi_home_01.jpg

Good god that pic is hot kissmesweet. Can't you just see Gil grabbing Catherine and then taking the tshirt and...*cough* Right.

Happy Birthday emily! I hope you enjoyed it in a PureJoy way ;)

Ah, Gravy, the angst queen ;) I can't say I understand the hip teenager thing, because I have my doubts that I ever was a teenager, let alone a hip one, but I do think that in their effort to make CSI appeal to a wider audience, they've actually made a mistake and created a television show that appeals to a much lesser audience - and in doing so they've sacrificed some things that made the show special.

*stomps* I want Ann Donahue.

Since the show has started too, They kind of 'flip-flop' the characters around. Mainly Cath and Gris. Sara was a lot lighter-hearted but now she's too heavy for me..

So, Cath ... she was 'tough as nail' when the show started, didn't take anything, stood up to Grissom, got him off his ass. That sort of thing.
Then they changed her some, they make her more 'dramatic' and volitle some how. Like she could 'go at any minute' sort-of-thing. I don't like that. They also portray her as the martyer-single mother-I-have-no-life-besides-my-job type then flip and then she is the non-caring-sexpot-man magnet. They can't seem to decide which one she is.
I like Catherine alot but I don't like it when they flip her character around.

and now Grissom. He was way more passionate about his work. Now, he probably is getting tired of his job, but they can make him smile every once in a while and give some one a compliment. I didn't like what they did to him in Season 6. He has 'lost his spark' and I understand, the job probably doesn't mean that much to him anymore

Anyway I think my point is I don't like what CSI has done to two of my favorite characters

haha, thanks everyone:) and, i promise you.. i did have a CSI filled day:) haha

i COMPLETELY agree with you hhunter. they changed ALL the characters...

cath: not as hardass and tough as she used to be
grissom: he's starting to get boring to me. where's him bugs? where's his science? what happened to the nerd that we all feel in love with?
sara: she used to be very flirty but very independant at the same time, but now it's all business.
warrick: he's the las vegas man. he grow up on these streets but now it's like he's a new dude in las vegas. he's not as tough anymore.
nick: he used to be so flirty and outgoing and loving and everything but now, he's fading in the background. he's starting to become a workaholic. he's not as... happy anymore. i dunno, nick used to be so.. fun, but now it seems like it's just concered about his work.
greg: HE USED TO BE FUNNY! what happened to greg? now he's so serious and (dare i say) starting to become boring.
jim: jim used to always make jokes and now he's just... "get-it-over-and-done-with" type of adittude.

but yeah, the characters have changed and i dont like it, at all. lets just hope then get the characters right again.

the last episode that i felt was like the old CSI was Rashomama.

lets hope there's more old PureJoy type moments in the near future:)

I agree with everyone.

In trying to fit CSI into a mold accepted by the hip-group of teenagers (to whom they're trying to appeal to), they've...in a way, morphed the whole show, and its vital characters as well. This transition has indeed disappointed me more than I thought it would, and seems to be getting worse as the season goes on. Although the effort is brave and spirited, they've changed what appealed to people in the first place and probably why more viewers are being turned off what was the best show on TV up until about a year ago, even. Perhaps they should have stuck to the original blueprint which was an absolute success.

Eh. I'm not too proud of being a stuck-up teenager at this point, but...you know...I miss my old CSI love. Now I'm just becoming clingy. :p :lol:

yeah, i'm a teenager too and i'm not that trilled with the new CSI style. i love my old CSI that made my laugh and smile evey week. i just hope they'll get it back... the old CSI and the old characters.

Oh well. It's not that I don't like changes. It's that I don't like the way they change it. I think at this point, none of the CSIs are staying true to their (former) characters. The only character "development" I like is probably Greg's maturing through the years. He's grown up. Heh! However, the others just seem to live backwards to me while they are supposed to um...evolve? Some of us already know about one particular spoiler regarding May Sweeps. While I'm thrilled by the news, I can't help worrying for the character because it looks like they're going to destroy the said character like they destroyed the others.

EricaSJ said:
Oh well. It's not that I don't like changes. It's that I don't like the way they change it. I think at this point, none of the CSIs are staying true to their (former) characters. The only character "development" I like is probably Greg's maturing through the years. He's grown up. Heh! However, the others just seem to live backwards to me while they are supposed to um...evolve? Some of us already know about one particular spoiler regarding May Sweeps. While I'm thrilled by the news, I can't help worrying for the character because it looks like they're going to destroy the said character like they destroyed the others.

If they go back too much further, they're going to be primordial ooze...

Changes are okay. But not in this way.
I think it's due to the new writers, obviously ;) and what Graveyardintern was referring to in trying to market the show to a younger audience.

Changing the characters to fit into a 'certain mold' is not
what keeps a TV show like CSI on the air for too much longer. Especially when the two lead characters keep changing away from each other

I apoligize if I am ranting ... just that kind of day :eek: :rolleyes:

^ I don't think you're ranting, Heather. I think you're simply stating the truth which some people are too blind to see. Hmmm I don't know, I don't think trying to sell the show to a younger audience is such a good idea. Because generally, young people tend to change their minds more often. Sometimes their likings just don't last that long. CSI's largest fanbase has always been the adult/older viewers and I'm afraid if they change the show to make it appeal to the younger viewers in a way that older viewers don't appreciate, they'll only lose more viewers than they already did.

What do you guys think would've happened if Eddie hadn't of been on the scene when they met (he was, right?) I think there might of been a bigger chance that they'd be together. Sniffles.

I miss Ann Donahue too. Bring her back I say, bring her back.

-hi guys-

I second the motion. I'm having major Cath/Gil withdrawal. *goes off to read some sappy fanfiction... the best cure :p*

i just hope they'll give back the characters that we all fell in love with. and get grissom and catherine back to their little snappy, flirty remarks:p

i love the early seasons... they are the best:)

19ams87 said:
What do you guys think would've happened if Eddie hadn't of been on the scene when they met (he was, right?) I think there might of been a bigger chance that they'd be together. Sniffles.
We don't know about that, ams, but judging from Eddie's attitude toward Gil, he probably sensed that, too. :D He was so jealous of Gil that he even asked Cath "how is your boyfriend" and told Gil "I always knew you two had a thing." Who knows, maybe it was Eddie who knew the truth after all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back