Gil & Sofia #2-Let's have dinner. Shall we?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by KiraGrissom, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

i guess the promotional vid of the 2 parter will be out tomorrow after secrets and flies...cant wait for it either!

tazzer-i love the quotes on that artwork :D

2. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

Hopefully we see a bit of her in tonights episode even if it's just a goofy grissom smile for her.

3. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

i just saw the preview of it...basically it had 2 scenes of sofia only...and sofia finally ties up her hair again! :D

4. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

I still say Sofia should have slapped handcuffs on Gil and dragged him back to the lab. That scene would have been funny since all but Gil's bug case sucked last night.

5. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

He did'nt even turn around that sucked. At least there could have been another scene at the lab or something.

6. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Hey Kira, I had to watch that scene upteen times just so I could get a minute worth of my Sofia fix and this is how I saw it.

Catherine is very surprised when Sofia walks into the house. Not just 'hey haven't seen you in a long time, how's it going' surprised. But rather, 'oh no, I thought she left town and I was in the clear' surprised.

Gil's action do not speak as though he is surprised, but in his voice, "What are you doing here?" carries a tone that I have heard many a times with hubby. It suggest that Gil & Sofia see each other on a regular bases, but this time it wasn't planned, and makes him wonder if she is returning something left from the day before.

I'm not surprised that he didn't turn around only because it wasn't called for, especially with Cath in the room. I'm picking up a familiar vib between them. If he stopped what he was doing and turned around, it would have given Cath room to wonder, as she already warned him to stay away from Sofia last year. Her parting shot of "What would you do without me?" came across very unfriendly to me and as another warning.

But like I said, to add some humor to the whole thing, it would have been great if Sofia took him away in handcuffs as it would have been in her personality to do it. Oh well, have to put that in a future fic.

7. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

That would have been funny, I wouldnt mind seeing that one myself. Next episode we should get a lot more of Sofia I hope I mean it's about time, we got the two of them together for a bit in the 1st episode and then nothing, I think were due to see more.

8. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

It would have been funny, pissed off a lot of people and start a new rash of death threats to Louise. Oh well.

If you have a chance, watch their scene again and tell me where else has Gil used that line "What are you doing here?" My ears hear the same delivery as in Inside the Box when Cath shows up to wish him well before surgery.

9. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

So we have Jim Brass and Conrad Ecklie as Gil & Sofia shippers, can you guys think of anyone else to add to the list?

As far as any love triangle, the only one I see is Cath - Gil - Sofia

[​IMG]

Gil's long history with Cath and all of their past ogling/toughing with one another is very well documented. And Cath's reaction everytime Sofia is around is very suspecious. Poor Gil, such a tough choice between two beautiful women and we still have Lady Heather in the wings.

10. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

I'd almost forgot about Lady H. if Gil showed up with sofia I think the lady would spot right off the bat there was something between them. It's a case of they can try but they can't hide it.
    I think your right if he had turned around Cath would have noticed the way he looks at Sofia. When it comes to those two women he just has to oggle.

11. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

So true Kira and that's why my guess is we won't see Sofia meeting Lady Heather. That would be too soapish and viewers only want to see Gil with her (she has been the #1 most requested guest star for the past few years).
    And that's cool cause it let's me fixate on only those two, plus unless Gil gets married by then, he can date whoever and how many women he wants.

12. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

I think from what I've seen and read its going to be a good episode comming up we should see some action between Gil and Sofia. It's taken long enough.

Gil get married that's a strange one.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello everyone! Not too into this ship (yet), we're still in the middle of s5, and it's only just started... lol! But I noticed in Formalities that there would very likely be something between them. It was just a feeling I had... I think she's supposed to be his love interest, it just looks that way. I really like Sofia so far, she seems like a good match for him. :)

14. vanitykills

vanitykills Lab Technician

I just finished watching Formalities and whoa the chemistry between them is undeniable. they seem like they would be a really great pairing. (so now im a sandle shipper, a yobling shipper and a gofia[i think thats what ive seen it called] shipper) gotta love CSI and its subtle(and not so subtle) romances :D

15. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

I don't think anyone could miss the atraction between those two it just stood out. The first time I saw it I though oh boy there is going to be something between these two. I still think there's going to be something there.