Gil <3 Cath #29: PureJoy–Enough Chemistry to Power Vegas

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Title for the next Gil <3 Cath therad?

1. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Ready for a Tequila Holiday

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – How 'Bout That Roll in the Sack?

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Partners at Work and at Play

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Back in the Sack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – God, Just Kiss Already!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because It's Been Brewing All Along

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – The Definition of Chemistry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexing Up the Sin City

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Chemistry Since Day One

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  11. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because They Have a Healthy Relationship

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I think we had a closet shipper master list on one of the earlier threads. I forgot to save it, but when we find it I shall do so.

I'd like to at least get a friendship between them before he goes. Considering what tptb did to GSR, I'm not sure if I trust them with PureJoy LOL

2. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

*stares at Gravy's banner*
    God. Damn. I will never, ever, ever tire of watching that. Ummmm, oh hello gutter, how'd I end up here?!

Where were we? Ah yes, finding each other again. I just feel that now more than ever, the time would be right. Bring back that friendship and understanding. I said before I wouldn't want TPTB to get them together now (I personally think it would be out of character for Cath to accept being second choice) but, I dunno, I guess I wouldn't mind to see it lol. I'm just so torn about it.
    I'd very much like that, personally I think it's long overdue. Even if you don't ship GCR romantically, you must be able to see how different their relationship is as opposed to how it used to be.

I recently watched some of S1 back and I just feel like we were kinda led down a dark alley and then they eventually sprung a nasty surprise on us. I only got into CSI when it was 6 seasons deep and I would've never, ever in a million years guessed that they would've taken the path that they have. Siiiiigh. I just feel it's a huge waste of chemistry etc, etc. Fat siiiiiigh.

*stares at Gravy's banner again*

ETA - OH! I made more icons, here be the linky if anybody's interested.
    http://ams87.livejournal.com/11838.html#cutid1

3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I think you can watch it, ams, just avoid the first two, three minutes after the opening credits. lol. A lot of people thought it was a bad episode, but I thought it was okay. Typical CSI if you ask me. I think people haven't gotten themselves out of the aftermath of Warrick's death and had to compare this episode with For Warrick, but we all know that one's not easy to beat. I actually thought the hypnosis case was interesting, and Gil's case was just sad. No comment on Greg's case (Pam Adler) because I was annoyed that Greg was brought in only to have Sara take over the focus.

It was a bummer that we didn't get any scene shared by Catherine and Gil, but I guess it was reasonable since they were working different cases and Gil had something else to take care of. Believe it or not, I was slightly mad at Gil in the office scene. Granted, I was glad to know that he thought he couldn't do it anymore and wanted to break it off, but I didn't like his attitude while talking to Sara. The fact that he chose to answer her with silence was both cowardy and irresponsible. No woman deserves to be treated in the way he treated Sara. It was a good thing that Sara called him on it and left. However, I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB have him go after Sara when he leaves the lab. This is CSI after all, a show with PTB that claim this relationship has been there all along. lol. Having them leave together at this point couldn't be any lamer, but I really think that's what's going to happen. It's sad, because the way Gil treats Sara, she is so much better off without him. This is why I have never liked this relationship. The two of them have never been equals. The female was already degraded before it even started, and it hasn't changed a bit after all these years. But of course, it's a completely different story when Gil is around Catherine. :D

Do we have a list of new thread title suggestions?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  4. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I think Lady Heather is definately a G/C shipper. I'm actually surprised she hasn't called him on it yet.:lol: I would love to see a scene with just the three of them talking. She could observe them without them even knowing.

I agree with all of you about it being the right time for them to get together or find each other. Everything that was basically standing in their way is gone now. I hope, regardless of relationship or not, that they get back to what they use to be before he leaves. I wouldn't think he'd just take off without patching things up first and lets face it, things haven't been the same since around the end of season five. I just want one good scene regardless of what happens. They need closure, period.

5. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I ended up watching it anyway, just for curiosity's sake. The GSR didn't bother me, I just kinda ignored it and ended up looking at their wallpaper instead of listening to what they were saying. I only watched half S7 and two eps of S8 so I dunno, to me the standard has dropped drastically. I just didn't like the cases and meh, just didn't grab me at all. Felt like a filler episode.
    I didn't think of it that way but you're so right. As much as I don't really like Sara, she didn't deserve that. Maybe he's still bitter from the first time she left him. I dunno, it was harsh but kinda Grissomish, the man talks in riddles and barely ever speaks straight. He can be very cutting at times, remember the end of Weeping Willows? I hated him for a bit after that lol.
    That is absolutly what's going to happen. It's sad but it's very, very true. They're obviously going to give them both a happy ending so to speak. Meeeeeeeh.

Think we all agree that we should have something that comes from the lovely article of hotness :D

Moop. The talk of closure makes me sad. I don't want him to leave :( I really, really, really hope they get some sort of closure, like you said, just one good scene, God, anything. Please don't let him just run off.

6. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*pokes TPTB* Now, why aren't you listening to our suggestions again? Come on, it's not like it's gonna hurt the ratings... but seriously, that's a good idea. I think that Lady Heather's probably shaking her head and wondering why those two haven't gotten their act together...

7. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Please watch what you say about other ships. This can be taken as disrespectful. Thanks!

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

LOL, the lovely article of hotness. I think that's a great name :D

Okay, so we're going to have to start a new list of GC shippers, because I cannot go back through all the old threads. LOL.

So:

Closet GC Shippers
    Grissom
    Catherine
    Billy
    Marg
    Ann Donahue
    Lady Heather
    Lindsey Willows
    Lily Flynn
    Greg
    Max
    Brass
    Eddie

Who else do we have, guys?

9. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

Alan Brooks from Jackpot. Enough said.
    Sam Braun, he had to know something was up with the two. Remember that season 4 ep where he was with Gil in the interogation room? It was so father of the girl vs love interest of the girl.
    Sara. It has to be said. I'm sure she recognized the relationship between Gil and Cath as a potential threat, which would explain hers and Catherine's animosity throughout the show. Plus there was that ep in season 3 where she asked CATHERINE to talk to Gil for her. That, my friends, is why GSR will never hold a candle over Grillows.

10. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

For me, the break-up was far too abrupt, too uncalled for. Far too rushed for it to be lasting and for it to be real. I think it's just something to get the fans riled up about and TPTB will be right back to their love for GSR at some point. Probably something along the lines of...Grissom going after her or him not being able to do his job either.

On the other hand, I really don't think Billy and Marg would allow Grissom to leave without at least one scene with them together. It's been emotional for them as friends and as actors, and I think they'd want to play on that. Hopefully that TV Guide article wasn't just eye candy for us.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That Sheriff in Jackpot had to to be G/C shipper. He told Gil that his wife was on the phone for him and it was Cath on the phone. :lol: Or was it the Doctor rather than the Sheriff? I can't remember. :lol:

12. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

That's exactly what it is :p

That's exactly what they're doing. It's painfully obvious. And yeah, I do agree that Billy and Marg will make some sort of scene happen, they just have to. Be insult to injury if they didn't.

It was actually both if I remember correctly. The Doc's line was, 'You have a call, I think it's your wife.' Siiiiiiigh.

13. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Oh, remember in, I think it was season one, Gil was talking to Warrick and he said when he left there'd be no cake, no nothing, he'd just be gone? I really hope it don't go down that way.:scream:
    Thank you, thank you, bravo, bravo! *applaudes* You took the words right out of my mouth. That right there says it all.
    Yeah, I mean they have to have a say to some point and want to work together as much as they can before he goes. I don't think it would be too much to ask for to give the actors what they want.:D
    And he answers the phone, 'Hello dear.':adore: Geez, when you look at how many moments we've gotten over the years(and some of them have been pretty 'intimate', so to speak, and just flat out hot.:drool:), I can't help but scratch my head and wonder.:confused:...oh, well....I hope we get to see them working a case together soon. I'd like to see them working his last case together, just them, but hopefully they'll work a few before then.

14. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Hey!

This is my first time posting in this thread though I have been a member of the site for a while :)

I enjoy the Grillows ship. Grissom and Catherine have a spark between them that hasn't been seen with any other ship. They really do have a chemistry that is beyond mere friendship.

I also wish to see Catherine work with Grissom the way they used to. We've barely seen them together in the last few seasons. It would be nice to see their friendship again, if nothing else.

Hope I can get to know some people :thumbsup: Got to go for now though.

15. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hey MissMurder, welcome to the thread! It's nice to see new PureJoy shippers here... hope to see you here more often.

*puts on thinking cap* Hmm, maybe the labrats... they've often witness or overheard PureJoy moments. And of course, Sam Braun, the sheriff and the doctor... who am I missing? Maybe Gil's mother if she's alive...

I think they would... after all, it'd be just as emotional for them too. I hope that they come up with a great scene... *crosses fingers*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.