Gil <3 Cath #29: PureJoy–Enough Chemistry to Power Vegas

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Title for the next Gil <3 Cath therad?

1. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Ready for a Tequila Holiday

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – How 'Bout That Roll in the Sack?

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Partners at Work and at Play

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Back in the Sack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – God, Just Kiss Already!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because It's Been Brewing All Along

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – The Definition of Chemistry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexing Up the Sin City

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Chemistry Since Day One

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  11. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because They Have a Healthy Relationship

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Couldn't agree more. I mean, c'mon, think about what they both would've looked like when they started working together. They're only human if you catch my drift :p;) Absolutly nobody could tell me they weren't physically attracted to each other when they first met. Noooobody! *shakes fist* Platonic my arse.

Maybe she'd wear her matching hat, we all know how they love to share, wink wink. Gil and Cath in Mexico would just be adorable. What about having a little cuddle on a hammock, on the beach, watching the sun go down. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. Thankyou Billy for putting that idea into my head :D:D

Does anybody have an estimate at how long they've actually known each other? And how they got to working together? I'd love to know how they first met.

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Yes, that TV Guide article certainly did open a bunch of imaginations. ;)
    Someone surely has to have written a fic of them on vacation, especially in Mexico. Gil in a sobrero would be a riot. Or more likely, Gil and Cath in matching (ugly :eek: ) straw hats is even better.

I'm glad that both the actors realize that they like working together regardless of 'the couple' on the show.

Do you guys really think there would be a CSI movie like Billy said in the article? I wonder if that would really happen and if both Billy and Marg would be in it. ;)

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I would love to write a PureJoy fic, but I just can't seem to figure out how to get around the whole GSR thing. It's just hard for me to figure out how to write one without it seemingly like Gil's a character on a bed hopping show, you know? :lol: I don't want it to seem like the guy's playing musical beds. Haha. I just can't get any ideas for getting around that where it would seem realistic. :sigh:

4. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

*kicks* the hats are love! I really like them for some odd reason. :p

Maybe. Perhaps after the show has finished, I rekon it'll be a couple of years yet. Maybe that's how Griss will make his comeback.

Either, A) Pretend it didn't happen, or B) Say that they actually split up when she left, or C) Perhaps having Warrick die showed him that anybody can be taken at any time and that he should tell Cath how he felt before it was too late. *shrugs* Just a couple of musings lol. First one's my favourite lmao.

5. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Gil & Cath+Mexico=mind in the gutter.:devil: Somehow, I can just see them getting banned from there and they'd have fun doing it.:lol:
    That's what I'm saying! Can you just see these two back in the 80s? Potential CSIs gone wild.:lol: I wish we'd be given more detail on how and where they met...flashbacks would be good.;) But, it is fun to have our own take on how it all went down.:)

I think it's possible...it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to do one and I think they'd both be in it.

6. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Oh, I'd love for there to be a CSI movie, that would be awesome, well Billy said he'd like to star in it, so who knows... Maybe Gil and Cath could finally get together in it... :adore:

:lol: I like how you think my dear, now that is something that I'd love to see... *Day dreams* Oh the possibilties, hehe... That really has put my mind in the gutter, but when it comes to Purejoy, I don't care. :D

7. lilou

lilou Rookie

I'm not really positive about a movie. Because I'm sure Jorja will be in too and writer are so in love with gsr...
    Well did you see the last X files movie? I loved X Files but I don't like the film. I love Mulder and Scully in couple but there are so much scene "Where is our couple" "I love you but I don't love see you like that". It's like if writer want give something great for all people who wait so long. Concequence the story is not great and other big caracter (like skyner) will only apears from 5 minutes. I really scare if they do a csi film it'll be a GSR film with little case. For all peolple who don't people the fact sara is gone...
    I'm already scare to know how they ll explain gil leaves the show. I really don't hope a "Sara need to find herself and I'll help her because I love her." For me GSR is stupid, is not naturel. All time a see gsr scene I really feel that writer try to force me like if my mom force me to eat something I don't like because is good for me. And I dream about Gil/Cath romance but it's not the writer choice. It's stupid and it break the show's chemistry but is their choice and I'm sure they'll continu in the film too.
    I feel too that gsr was not actor choice but our problem is that is writer who write story so I really don't think there have a futur for GCR romance. And for me it's really stupid. CSI (like CSI NY...) is a very great show but if it was best than all other policy show is because caracter had alchimie. I loved how Cath and Gil was together. And Nick with greg and Warrick. But since season 5 the show had lost a lot. Now it's only a policy show like all other. Sure case are great, actor are great but something is dead since many years. And I really think that only fanfiction will be do it come back.

8. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Everyone says that they've known each other for twenty years, but no one knows how they met... TPTB should really have an episode on that in the near future. So, how do you think those two met? I have a feeling that it was one hell of an introduction... like maybe Gil walking into his office and finding Cath sitting on his desk? Either way, it's got to be really creative... it's PureJoy!

9. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I just imagine Cath with big hair lol. Griss would just look the same but younger and with awful gigs, cuz c'mon, it was the 80s and everyone wore ugly glasses (See Billy in 'Fear') Like I said, you can't tell me they were/aren't physically attracted to each other, I mean we know he likes to observe her "assets" (ha, see what I did there?!...ahum) and she loves the rough look. Siiiiigh, so yeah, to conclude, something so happened.

I know what you mean. I watched most of S7 which was acceptable for the most part (obviously some bits I would've liked to see on the editing suite floor) but S8, well, jeez let's not go there. What I saw of it was pretty poor (with the exeption of You Kill Me which was brilliant) and like you said, something is just missing. S9 prem was very, very good but we're still not the old CSI we used to be.

I did think about 20 yearsish. I'd like to see something mentioned in their last scene which indicates as to how they met and how long they've known each other. I was thinking too, if we don't get a hug, I'll be tres annoyed. I mean, c'mon they've known each other for a lifetime, you don't just go 'Ok, you're leaving...bye' and that's it. We better get something substantial and not him just riding off into the sunset, it wouldn't be right, it wouldn't be Grissom at all. Gah I wanna know now!

One last thing, absolutly ages ago we had a list of closet GCR shippers, does anybody have it to hand?

10. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Well, if they've known each other 20 yrs like we suspect, then I think he probably met her while she was still dancing. I know clubs aren't really his thing, but I could see him going along with a friend just to satisfy them. Knowing Gil, he probably sat off to himself at some point and she spotted him, walks over and stands in front of him, their eyes meet, and the rest is history. Course, that's just one theory I have.;)
    :lol: I see exactly what you did! I'd like to think that Gil didn't have the glasses then, maybe have a look like Billy did in To Live & Die in LA or Long Gone (my fav Billy movie:D). I could see Cath going for that. But, yeah, I agree 100% with what you said. I just wish they'd tell us just what did happen.
    Oh, God I know. I'm so afraid they're going to screw this up like they did the first time he left.:scream: If he tells her he's leaving, there's no way she's not going to hug him. If they're not going to give us anything else, we at least deserve a sincere goodbye moment between best friends who share so much. I, personally, wish he would go over to her house and tell her so he could also say goodbye to Lindsey....I know that's wishful thinking:rolleyes:, but that's what I'd like to see.

11. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Well, jeebus, if he did look like that back then...well, you've seen those movies *drools* I wonder if she was married to Eddie when they met? He is the original GCR shipper lmao.

Idealy, I'd like to see them have a nice scene together and the last scene of ep 10 to be between Brass, Cath & Grissom. That's what's logical to me but we all know TPTB don't seem to be able to follow logic. I'll be watching it and not expecting anything because that's what I've grown accustomed to. I'm expecting it to end one way, and it's something we'll all hate. So yeah, take a wild guess.

That's what fanfic's for, correcting what went wrong :p

12. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

That'd be perfect... for some reason I can see Cath dressed in punky clothing, just 'cause it would suit her. She strikes me as a rebellious person when she wants to be. As for Gil, he'd totally wear those over-sized glasses and non-descript clothing... those I can picture him carrying a a fold-up magnifying glass in his back pocket.

I like that for an introduction... Cath would be the only one to catch his eye in a club, though I would much rather have her sneak up on him. I'm more than sure that witty banter would ensue right after that... and a beautiful relationship would start from there.

13. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

For some reason I see Cath wearing really bright colours, I dunno why. Like luminous stockings or something mad like that lol. Lmao I just found THE best pics! Gman doesn't actually look that different.
    Young Grissom (Complete with bad glasses)
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/Lilmissmulder/fear26.jpg
    Young Catherine (I LOL'd sooo much when I first saw it, it's perfect)
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/Lilmissmulder/normal_chinabeach_006.jpg

So, to conclude, it's practically impossible for them to have NOT been attracted to each other when they first met.

I like to think thier first meeting was a little awkward, like having Brass introduce them to each other and them just be like, 'Hi'...'Hi' and then boom, they hit it off over a dead body or something sick lol. The possibilities are endless!

14. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

My answer to the question of how long they have known each other would be "in days, months, or years?" Inside the Box, anyone? :D

They have removed the original character bios from the official CSI website, but I remember reading in the CSI Campanion Book that Catherine stripped to pay her college tuition (night school at WLVU) and Gil invited her to work for the lab. She started as a lab tech and worked her way to what she is now. If we're sticking to this version, it's definite that they had met before Catherine got in the lab so it's possible that Gil did see her dance. ;) Suppose that Catherine was in her early twenties when they met, and given that the original bio says she was born March 26, 1963 (although they seem to have changed it in season 7), they probably have known each other for about 25 years. That's a long time. Some of us haven't even lived for that long yet. Whether they have had a romantic relationship or not, the history and the deep connection between the two of them are just undeniable. If you are close friends with someone for 25 years, you must really love and trust each other, probably to a degree other people can't even understand. And when everyone in your life leaves, the only person you've got at the end is your loyal old friend. :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  15. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Exactly!:drool: So, like you said, a physical attraction was and is definately there. IMO I don't think she was married to him when her and Gil first met. Oh, he always did know those 'two had a thing'.;)
    hehe I loved when she asked him that and, without missing a beat, came in with that line.:adore:
    Very well said...when it all comes right down to it, they're the only ones that can count on each other no matter what and know that the other will always be there for them.
    Yeah, right after he learned to breathe....especially if she sneaks up on him.:lol:

ams, those pics are great!:lol: That's got to be what they looked like, hands down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.