Gil <3 Cath #29: PureJoy–Enough Chemistry to Power Vegas

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Title for the next Gil <3 Cath therad?

1. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Ready for a Tequila Holiday

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – How 'Bout That Roll in the Sack?

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Partners at Work and at Play

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Back in the Sack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – God, Just Kiss Already!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because It's Been Brewing All Along

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – The Definition of Chemistry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexing Up the Sin City

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Chemistry Since Day One

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  11. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because They Have a Healthy Relationship

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

We've seen that vid DesertWind, we were all as you can image quite annoyed that it got deleted. ;) But thanks for thinking of us down here when you seen it. :)

I totally agree Erica, because of their difference they work so well as a team, it's one thing that would make them great as a couple if it were ever to happen like that. ;) No, but they do work so well together, and like you said, without them both the team doesn't funcation aswell as if they were both togther.

2. alienor

alienor Police Officer

As much I can understand your point of view about the scene in the morgue in King Baby, what you say about Grissom coming to see Catherine to give her "a pep talk under the guise of the office warming present" (in no humans involved) is just an assumption.

and remember the end of their talk in NHI

GRISSOM: I'm not any good at politics. And it's cost me. It's how I lost Nick
    and Warrick.

CATHERINE: Your loss was my gain.

GRISSOM: Yeah. And at least they're in good hands.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  3. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Oh man, I have a lot of catching up to do... I only started watching CSI a few weeks ago! Still, inspite of that, I can see that Gil and Cath are indeed equals and I hope that TPTB have the sense to portray that. There's no way Cath should be a subordinate... she and Gil make a great team.

4. Stepherweps

I agree Karu, they work so well together, that's it's inevitable, that when their team is split up there are going to be problems. Oh and don't worry, I've only seen a handful of episodes before season 5, so we both have a little catching up to do. ;) :lol:

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I just caught the end of Weeping Willows on SpikeTV, and that final "that's why I don't go out" scene. It's the opposite of King Baby, in the fact that it's Gil who's angry/hurt this time. It's another testament to the relationship of the two. You actually get to see them show their emotions with each other at times - whether it be angry, sad, loving, concerned or cheering up.

6. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I like scenes when they get emotional with one another because it always seems like there's more behind the meaning of what they say, than what actually comes out. You kind of get the feeling that something's left out. I love how their eyes just speak volumes in situations like these.

7. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ That reminds me of the ending scene of Nesting Dolls. I'm not a big fan of that episode...I don't like seeing Catherine and Sara like that, but that last scene really showed that Catherine and Gil can communicate without words and just with their eyes. The way they looked at each other after Ecklie had left Catherine's office was <3. And because I'm a shipper, I totally think the room was filled with so much of sexual tension that they must do something to ease it after they went home together. :lol:

8. Sakura_Kiss

Sakura_Kiss Hit and Run

Wow, I haven't been here for a while.

You guys are having fun talking about PureJoy scenes. They sound adorable :p

Would anyone be so kind as to give me list of G/C moments and quotes I need to jot them down in my notebook before school year starts. I need my PureJoy fix. Please?

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  9. Stepherweps

Oh yeah Erica, there is quite often sexual tension between Gil and Cath, yeah like you said especially in Nesting Dolls, of course they had to do something about it when they got home. ;) Or maybe they didn't wait, behind closed doors in Cath's office maybe... :devil:

10. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*laughs* I wish... otherwise all that sexual tension would go to waste. If that actually happens, we'd all be avidly watching. Popcorn anyone?

There's not only sexual tension... Cath and Gil know each other so well that they only need to look at each other and understand what the other is thinking, no words necessary. It's an almost telepathic connection, you know?

I second that... I'm new to the Pure Joy ship. I have some serious catching up to do... help?

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Since there are a few newbies wanting the PureJoy moments, I suggest that we start from the beginning and take it from there.

There was no PureJoy in the Pilot, but it starts right away in epsiode #2, Cool Change, with Cath taking Holly's case:
    - - - - - -
    G: All right. Last night, a jackpot winner took a swan dive off the
    Hotel Monaco about the time Holly was shot. I'm going to work the leaper.
    Nick?
    N: Yes, sir.
    G: You work the Holly case.
    C: Wait a minute. Uh, you-you can't give him the Holly case. I mean, all due respect, Nick. I want this one.
    G: Nicky is the only one that didn't have any personal contact with Holly. I don't want you on this, Cath.
    C: Why?
    G: Because you're emotionally involved.
    C: Yeah. She was going to walk. I convinced her to stay. If anyone's to blame here, it's me, and I want this case. (grabs the assignment slip) Fire me.
    G: I'm not firing anybody. Look. I know we're pulling a double. We're on edge 'cause of Holly. I just want everyone to stay calm and to do their jobs for the next ten hours. And as of now we're short of help. So, I'm bringing in Sara Sidle to give us a hand.
    C: Sara Sidle?
    W: Who's that?
    G: She's a CSI out of San Francisco. She's a friend of mine, someone I trust. She's going to handle our internal investigation and I want to keep this in-house. I don't want I.A. Involved.
    C: Great, that's just what we need, somebody sniffing around.
    - - - - - - -
    This is the first time we see Catherine's control over Gil, and that she must be an equal rank to him. If Brass would have still been in charge, I can't see him letting Cath taking Holly's case.

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

kaylyne that's a great example. I'll have to go back through my season 1 DVD's and find some more great PureJoy moments.

Another one I thought of is when someone mentioned Nesting Dolls was at the very end. After Grissom confronted Eckile and Cath about Sara. After Grissom gave his speech about how great a CSI Sara is...
    Catherine asked "so what did you do?"
    and Gil said "I've already done it."

The LOOK that Cath gave Gil. And Gil gave to Cath. Like he was trying to convince her he was doing the right thing regarding Sara. But he didn't have to say a word. That's one of the great things about them, they don't need to say a thing to each other. As you guys said, it's in their eyes. :D

13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

It's great that SpikeTV is starting from the beginning again now. Such great PureJoy episodes in a lot of the early seasons.

For the newbies, it might help to check out all of the episode transcripts to find some of the great PureJoy moments as well. There's a great transcript site here

14. Stepherweps

Great scenes you two, I haven't seen the first one, but I have seen the second one, and your right, they don't need words to communicate.

One of my favourite scenes is so obvious, the bowtie scene in Formalities. <3

*Gil struggles to tie his bowtie*
    Cath: What are you doing?
    Gil:I'm going insane!! *picks up a diagram on how to tie a bowtie* I don't understand this diagram.
    Cath: *Sighs* You don't need a diagram... You need a woman... *Stands behind him and ties his bowtie.* I'm looking forward to your speech.
    Gil: *Sighs*

This scene was just too cute, you could see how close they were and there was also a sexual tension between the 2 when she tied his bowtie. (Well I think there was anyways. :p)

15. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*grins* I love that one... I seriously thought they were husband and wife at time 'cause I happened to change the channel and stumbled onto this scene. It was also my first time watching CSI. Hmm, if only things would go our way... think of the possibilities!

Last edited: May 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.