Gil <3 Cath #29: PureJoy–Enough Chemistry to Power Vegas

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Title for the next Gil <3 Cath therad?

1. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Ready for a Tequila Holiday

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – How 'Bout That Roll in the Sack?

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Partners at Work and at Play

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Back in the Sack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – God, Just Kiss Already!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because It's Been Brewing All Along

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – The Definition of Chemistry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexing Up the Sin City

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Chemistry Since Day One

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  11. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because They Have a Healthy Relationship

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Oooh new friend! Welcome karu_mila, long-time lurker eh? Glad to see you finally decided to de-lurk! :lol: Do we call you by your username or do you prefer another nickname? Anyway...*glances* Anne, where's out welcome basket? :D

Yeah, the lace teddies part was the fun of that whole scene, and I can't imagine Eddie giving Catherine teddy bears, either. The lace teddies were all about him and not Catherine. :lol: I guess some so-called translators need to improve their English knowledge. *shrugs*

As for Gil, he has given Catherine something better than a teddy bear. Remember Miss Piggy? Her office warming-up gift from Gil? A fetal pic may sound creepy, but that was so totally Gil Grissom, and I think that was a really sweet gesture. :)

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hi kuru_mila It's nice to see you here on the PureJoy thread. :D

I sort of missed the whole teddy/teddy bear discussion. :rolleyes:
    But, I can say that Gil wouldn't give Cath a teddy (lingere) at least when they are still 'co-workers'. Now if they were married, some of his social ackwardness about women (and people in general) would be pushed aside in order for him to buy Catherine a teddy. He'd do it for her though, don't you think?

Erica, you are right, he gave her the best present Gil Grissom could, one of his prized possesions, his fetal pig. I think that meant a lot to Catherine too. I loved that scene from No Humans Involved. I actually got the episode right this time. :lol:

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

NEWBIE!!!

*hands you the welcome basket* [​IMG]

Glad to have you aboard :D

4. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I agree Erica, what he gave to her was very sweet in a Gil Grissom kinda way, most people *like me* would be quite disturbed to recieve that, but Cath liked it because of what it meant to Gil, it was such a sweet gesture. :D

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Hehe season 5 wasn't as bad as some people claim it was, at least I think it was quite bitter-sweet. It was filled with the good kind of angst, and how can I forget the highlight that was Grave Danger? The only thing I dislike about season 5 is it was when Catherine and Gil started to drift apart because they were separated and broken into two teams. Otherwise I think overall, it wasn't a bad season and definitely much better than seasons 6, 7, and 8. :D

LOL I wonder where the fetal pig is now...

6. Stepherweps

I agree Erica, except for the split of the teams, I really liked season 5, it had one of my favourite scenes, the bowtie scene in Formalities, that was sooo cute. <3 I also loved Grave Danger (although because it's about Nick, I can't wait it without crying...) it was such an fantastic ep, and it brought the team together in the end. :D

Hmmm... I do wonder where Miss Piggy is, maybe she is still in Cath's office...

7. alienor

alienor Police Officer

I loved the first part of season 5, but not much the second part.

Miss Piggy has returned to Grissom's office... (lack of continuity :rolleyes:) we saw it during the crossover with WAT.

The scene between Grissom and Cath in "no humans involved" is one of my fav of all time. It was funny and moving. Grissom was so sweet. At the beginning, Cath was kind of rude to him and he remains sweet and kind to her, although he is living a difficult time. I love him.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  8. Stepherweps

Oh good eye, I never noticed that... I hate it when things like that happen... I wish Cath kept her... Hehe maybe she left her in Gris' office when they were busy in there... :devil:

Aww yeah, No Humans Involved, did have a cute G/C scene, I love how even when she is rude to him, he still remains calm and civil towards her, it's just so sweet, they can act like that around eachother, because they've known eachother so long and know how to act around one and other, it's so cute. <3

9. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Thanks for the welcome guys... about nicknames, you can just call me karu.

Now that you mention it, what did happen to Miss Piggy? *reads previous posts* Aw man, I was hoping she stayed with Cath. Damn the lack of Pure Joy continuity! Do you think that maybe Gil lets Miss Piggy visit Cath once in a while?

10. Stepherweps

Hehe, I'm sure that Cath goes to visit her in Gil's office from time to time, we all know what goes on in there behind closed doors. ;) But like you said Karu, damn the lack of continuity we get between Gil and Cath, it really does suck... *Here's hoping season 9 will be the best Purejoy season ever...* (Probably wishful thinking, but we'll be optomistic. :D)

11. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

current music: The Who - Who Are You?

We may have to wait a while for that to happen... Sara's coming back for the season premiere and not in a flashback. I hope TPTB don't focus on GSR this time around, but unfortunately, that's likely to happen. If they are doing GSR, they need to resolve any loose ends and move on from there. I'm thinking Cath ought to check up on Gil afterwards and maybe have a much need talk. Anyways, what do you guys think?

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here's a video from "Grissom's Divine Comedy" that was deleted after filming it! with Cath snooping around Grissom's apt. while he's getting ready for court:wtf: enjoy

CATH & GRIS

13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I never thought of it as Cath being rude to Gil - especially in that "piggy" scene in NHI. I think that Cath was kind of surprised that Gil came to talk with her (or check up on her) as it seemed that he'd heard she had to have a talk with Warrick about his behavior toward Lt Chen. Gil was usually not one to hear much of the "office gossip", but he obviously heard what had happened and came to give her a "pep talk", under the guise of the office warming present of Miss Piggy - or is it "Mr" Piggy? I can never remember.

I also think that in the episodes to follow NHI, it wasn't until Cath blew up at Gil & Sofia outside the morgue, in King Baby, that Gil finally realized that Cath was now his equal, and that their working relationship couldn't stay the same because of Cath's strong desire to prove herself as his equal as well. We finally see a few episodes later, in Spark of life, (when the cases came together as one) that he finally showed her that proper respect as her equal. It was nice to see that once the teams came together again, at the beginning of season 6, that same relationship continued and didn't go back to supervisor/subordinate.

14. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Great point, kay and 4_H. I don't think Gil had really acknowledged the fact that he and Catherine had become equals until the morgue scene in King Baby. He was really used of her being his right hand and kept treating her the way he had used to. I think it's funny how people said Catherine went on a power trip after her promotion while she was just trying to prove herself. She knew she could do the job, but she wasn't hungry for power. If she was, she would have accepted the sheriff's offer way back in Strip Strangler, or she would have turned her back on Gil and helped them beat him down in Mea Culpa. I have never thought she was a worse supervisor than Gil. They are brilliant in different ways, and they can do things the other can't do. That brings us to the point that they complement each other and I think that's the main reason why they can't not have one another in their team. Without either one of them, it just doesn't function. :)

Last edited: May 28, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.