Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do Without Her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gil <3 Cath #22: PureJoy - What Would He Do WO her

:lol:I think WP was referring to Billy kissing Jann Carl on the cheek when she interviewed him at the ET party after the Emmys

Yay! Thread title poll! I chose as many as I could, but my first choice is buttprint :D 2nd, shower ;)

GraveyardIntern said:
Teh Hug? I think we all know what each of us has to say about that scene. Three words for y'all: We.Need.More. :lol:
Ditto! *chants* We.Need.More. We.Need.More. We.Need.More.

------EDIT-----

Oo, now i'm confused, which kiss was WP referring to? :confused:

If they write in another GC hug - or better, a GC smooch, or lick :devil: - I am sure the ratings will skyrocket. TMTB should really try that sometime. I mean, it is just so very obvious what pleases the crowds. But noooooo. They'll try every which way to avoid the obvious. Thankfully, Billy and Marg have given us so many wonderful kiss/hug moments :D

Which kiss was it? Dunno. Both? Anyhow, both were so chaste. Not like when he's playing around with Marg.

Oh yeah, if he was kissing marg he'll put an arm around her waist and the kiss would last longer. The best part is marg is always willing to play along, that's how we got the famous lick and ET kiss :D Thanks to them we have so much more fun out of GC :lol:

TMTB don't care for sky-rocketing ratings anymore remember? All they care about now is destroying the show *inserts sarcasm* Why else would they shove aside the great substance and go for the unmentionable?

Billy presented the award and kissed the winner of the Best Actress in a Mini series category (or whatever you call that category lol) Yeah he's sweet like that. :D
PD- Patrick Dempsey (aka Derek Mc Dreamy Sheperd) and EP- Ellen Pompeo (aka Meredith Grey) on Grey's Anatomy. And Conan botched it up? WTF without him I would've slept during the entire show (im a fan of his humour sorry lol). I thought his spoof at the beginning of the Emmys was awesome. Conan spoofed 'Lost' cuz they were snubbed by the Emmys, oh how I wish they also spoofed CSI. But Lost is still a 'hot' show among the fans, and CSI lost its spark during Season 6. :rolleyes: I don't think they'd even consider doing CSI or they'll loose all the Emmy viewers, LOL! :D

Where are we next? Still Life? I read that Still Life did so well in the ratings during this summer re-runs. Yay that's quite a bit of a GC ep..

Oh crap! We are now on Werewolves and (next is) Daddy's Little Girl :lol: Uhm I couldn't remember anything from DLG except for Nick/Kelly.. did we even have a GC scene on that one? Oh and after that episode, the interest of the Nick fans on CSI started to wane.

Yes, Still Life did wonderfully in the re-runs and even overtook Grave Danger every which way you looked at it at its original run. Quite a feat huh? See what a great GC moment can do?

Well, do we have a cap of that private and truly intimate conversation? I loved Catherine's "Little guy" comment. It was so "awww"-worthy.

Hottie_Cath said:
I don't think they'd even consider doing CSI or they'll loose all the Emmy viewers, LOL!
:lol: at the mental picture of the room vacating in a stampede of horror :lol: No, that wouldn't do.

What did make me take notice is the fact that 24 and Kiefer Sutherland got the Emmy nod for their 6th season, while CSI just went... flat. Who is the showrunner again? And she still has a job???

rebec said:
:lol:I think WP was referring to Billy kissing Jann Carl on the cheek when she interviewed him at the ET party after the Emmys

Yes, she was the one after the emmys. :D It was towards the end and I click the channel when BP came on dammit! :mad: Of course I quickly changed it back and it was too late. :(

GraveyardIntern said:
Teh Hug? I think we all know what each of us has to say about that scene. Three words for y'all: We.Need.More. :lol:
Ditto! *chants* We.Need.More. We.Need.More. We.Need.More.
------EDIT-----

Oo, now i'm confused, which kiss was WP referring to? :confused:

[/QUOTE]

*Chants along* We Need More, We Need More!!!
Cheering.gif
Cheering.gif
Cheering.gif

Cat and Gil hugging, though I would prefer a kiss.
kissingsmiley.gif

ren28 said:
What did make me take notice is the fact that 24 and Kiefer Sutherland got the Emmy nod for their 6th season, while CSI just went... flat. Who is the showrunner again? And she still has a job???

Isn't that amazing Kiefer and "24" and it's about time too.
clapsmiley.gif
January will be their 6th season.
As for CSI, I'm afraid there's no chance.
Nonono.gif

rebec said: T
TMTB don't care for sky-rocketing ratings anymore remember? All they care about now is destroying the show *inserts sarcasm* Why else would they shove aside the great substance and go for the unmentionable?

Kevin Federline as a guest???? Sky-rocket ratings? Don't think so.

-----------------------
TheManTheWife.jpg

Daddy's little girl now? The only thing I think of when I hear this title is Cath/Sam.

So, let's make this quick and as painless as possible. Can't stand this episode. TMTB really dropped the ball on the Kelly Gordon issue.

* --arrival--
NICK: What do you got?
SOFIA CURTIS: Well, I wasn't sure if I should call it in as a 419 or a 401a.
CATH: Hit and run?
SOFIA CURTIS: You tell me.
NICK: Mm, I don't know. When you run, you usually take the car.
SOFIA CURTIS: The vic's Sylvia Mullins. Works in one of the offices upstairs. The security guard found her.
CATH: Did you run the plates?
SOFIA CURTIS: That's why I went with the 419. RO's the vic.
NICK: Hit with her own car in her own spot.

Is is just me, or are they really portraying Sofia as a bitch these days? Sometimes she's quite likeable. Sometimes she really puzzles me.

* --Gil is always clueless--
NICK: Sylvia Mullins is the other voice on that tape. She's Walter Gordon's ex-business manager, so ... I'm pretty sure she had something to do with my kidnapping.
GRISSOM: But now she's dead.
NICK: Yeah.
GRISSOM: So ... it's over.
NICK: Yep.
GRISSOM: Good.
NICK: Good.

Gil, you unfeeling, head-up-your-bug-book moron! It'll never be over for Nick. *sigh* Sometimes I swear that man is clueless about real life. Why do TMTB make him so unlikeable this season?

* --she said it, I was thinking the same thing--
GRISSOM: It's like thermite.
SARA: Thermite?
GRISSOM: When you combine two seemingly harmless elements -- aluminum and rust -- press them together, add heat ... it creates an explosion so hot it'll burn through steel. Powerful but uncontrollable. It burns and burns until it burns itself out, finally consuming both elements.
SARA: I guess some people just shouldn't be together.

*raises a toast* Hear, hear! I second that opinion, Sara!

oh fyi for those who follow such things...

the overall ratings for s6 were way down. the eps with the highest ratings were overwhelmingly gc eps. the lower rated eps were...well something else. shooting stars got great numbers as did still life. viewers know it. we know it. why don't tmtb know it?

because their morons? besides if they were presented with the info they'd just say that it was when the show aired not what ship was being 'favored' in that ep.

has anyone checked the ep ratings for the gsr ones? I just have a small hunch. :)

ok, i'll admit i'm skipping the recap on this less than impressive ep because it was, well, less than impressive. horrible, horrible, horrible follow up to grave danger. did i mention it was horrible?

btw, in case you guys haven't noticed they are going to be deleting some of the older threads so do we need to elect an archivist for our history?

Good! Does everybody want to skip any other mention of DLG? Because I really, really want to move on to the next episode:
kiss kiss, bye bye

This might be a long one, because you know I LOVE, LOVE this episode!!!

Great to see the differences in “Old Vegas” with Sam, Lily, Lois and that crowd of people.

* -- Sam, the man--
Dapper and dashing in his attire arriving at the party.

* --a peek into Cath’s world--
SARA: Found a crack vial on him, and $1,000 in cash.
CATH: Presidents, movie stars ... a drug-dealing waiter isn't the kind of
guy usually associated with Lois O'Neill.On the other hand ... (She picks up a photo.) Tony Constantine.
(She picks up another photo of four showgirls. She looks at the photo and chuckles.)
SARA: What?
CATH: The Copa girls from the Sands. That's Lois O'Neill. That's my mother. (reads) "Happy birthday to my beautiful doll! Love always, Tony"?
SARA: I thought he was dead.
CATH: Dead, like Jimmy Hoffa. The only guys who know aren't telling.

I thought it was interesting that they never had Cath involved with interviewing Lois. I wonder if Lois would know Catherine, or know that she was Lily’s daughter. I wonder if Lily was mentioned in Lois' book?

* --he’s getting better at being more politic--
UNDERSHERIFF JEFF MCKEEN: Grissom, do you have any idea who's in this crowd?
GRISSOM: I sure do. Reads guest list ) "Under-Sheriff Jeff McKeen. Arrival: 6:38 pm. Wife: Amanda. Recent
accomplishment: Ran marathon for children's hospital, placed tenth in his age group." Good job, Jeff.
UNDERSHERIFF JEFF MCKEEN: More than one of these VIPs has the governor's home number, which is why my phone's been ringing with orders to let them go.
GRISSOM: Well, no one on this list came late or left early, so everyone here is still a suspect, until they're not.

* -- a little nudge to go talk to Daddy--
CATH: Found this handkerchief hanging off the balcony. I'll get it to Hodges.
GRISSOM: Good. By the way ... Sam's here. He's one of the guests who was out of the room when the murder
occurred.
CATH: Well, I should say hi to dear old Dad.

I swear these guys do a different dance each time Sam is involved. This time he encourages her to talk to Sam, last time she was supposed to stay away from Sam… Oh, ain’t love & family grand?!

* -- a talk with Daddy--
CATH: Hi, Sam.
SAM: Mugs.
CATH: Sam, when you left this room tonight, where did you go? Upstairs?
SAM: Just walked around downstairs, saying hello to the old ghosts. You know, I introduced Lois and Tony, back when I was a floor manager. She was in the line with your mother.
CATH: Mm. Maybe Mom fell for the wrong gangster.
SAM: Lily was a sweet girl. But Lois ... she had to be a star. A real Coal Miner's Daughter from Rackville, Pennsylvania. But once she met Tony, she never had to go back.
CATHE: You always were a sucker for a hot dancer, weren't you, Sam?
SAM: Me and Lois -- I love her, but I like to be in the driver's seat. Like this dancer I'm seeing now -- she's working tonight; that's why I came stag.
CATH: Must be serious. That's the first time you haven't asked me how Mom's doing. She's fine, by the way.

First of all, you see the “Old Vegas” in Sam as he starts to rise in courtesy when Cath arrived - even though she is just his daughter, he treated her with the respect of a lady. I thought that was so sweet. Secondly, he knew right away what Cath was trying to get out of him when she asked if he went upstairs. It’s so funny how the two of them can argue with each other, but still make it sound extremely cordial.

* --why wait for a warrant? It’s just paperwork--
GRISSOM: Excuse me ...
LI'L CHERRY: What the ... ?
GRISSOM: Please? …. Where did you go when Miss O'Neill left the ballroom early this evening?
LI'L CHERRY: Uh, the bathroom.
GRISSOM: Do you recall what time you came back?
LI'L CHERRY: What, do you punch a clock every time you take a leak?
GRISSOM: Did you know the victim, Tim Duke?
LI'L CHERRY: I don't know anybody, okay? My publicist made me come to this thing. I guess Lo-Lois needed somebody with a pulse, so ...
GRISSOM: May I take a look at your handbag?
LI'L CHERRY: I got a show to do. I've got two thousand people waiting for me right now.
GRISSOM: We can get a warrant, but you'll get out of here faster if you let me see the bag.
(She tries to run and is stopped by an officer. The bodyguard steps forward and punches the officer. Li'l Cherry tries to run again. A second officer grabs her. Li'l Cherry drops her bag.)
GRISSOM: Well ... now I don't need a warrant.
(He picks up her bag and finds the glass pipe inside. Grissom looks at her, his lips twitching.)

Awww. Was he really trying not to smile?! That’s something Cath would do, isn’t it?

* --Greg, still the enthusiastic fan--
GREG: Wow! You know, Lois had her first sexual experience on her ninth-grade field trip to the state capitol ... with the governor.
SARA: I found the bullet hole. Could you bring the Sawzall?
GREG: Well, you know, this place is a piece of Las Vegas history; you don't want to just go and chop it up.
SARA: It's a crime scene, and there's evidence under the floor.
GREG: Yeah, but we don't know exactly where it is, so ... ... I thought we'd let Hawkeye here do a little exploration for us.
SARA: Sure. I wouldn't want to damage priceless, 40-year-old carpeting.
GREG: No.
SARA: What's that say? Pull it up.
GREG: Ten grand brick. Benjamin bit the bullet.
SARA: "In God we trust." If she has a vault, why is she keeping cash under the floor?
GREG: No more room under the mattress?

That scene was cute. Greg’s still trying to preserve some of “Old Vegas”. Sara could care less.

* --He’s calling the boss OLD?--
GREG: So, Mandy wasn't able to lift any prints off of the cash we found.
GRISSOM: Fingerprints are just oil, water and amino acids, Greg. They don't last forever.
GREG: No kidding. You ever hear that expression "old money"? This stuff was ancient -- some of it's signed by Eisenhower's treasury secretary. Series dates all before 1965. Same with the grand we found on the vic.
GRISSOM: "Ancient?"

Uh-oh! Better run & hide, Greg!!

* --a better cause--
GRISSOM: Miss O'Neill! Nice to see you. What's all this?
LOIS O'NEILL: An army travels on its stomach. I wanted you and your people to know how grateful I am for all you've done for me.
GRISSOM: Well, thank you. But, uh, we can't accept anything that might influence the outcome of the case -- it's our policy.
LOIS O'NEILL: Oh, come on. Cold cuts ... a little shrimp salad ...
GREG: Shrimp salad ...
GRISSOM: I know what we can do. Have your boys take it down the street to the St. Vincent homeless shelter. They need it more than we do.
LOIS O'NEILL: Well ... ……Having fun with my book, Greg?
GREG: Oh, yeah. That beach party ... hoo-hoo-hoo. Marilyn Monroe and the president ... Swing-a-ding-ding.
GRISSOM: By the way, Miss O'Neill, we made an interesting discovery under the floor of your bedroom. I was hoping you could tell us about it.
LOIS O'NEILL: Under the floor ... ? You tell me.
GREG: Approximately one million dollars in cash.
LOIS O'NEILL: What do you know. Tony always said I'd be taken care of.

It’s funny how one small look from Gil can have Greg ready to cry. He was so enthusiastic when Lois was talking to him, then Gil brought things back to “the evidence” and back to work, plus - no shrimp salad for Greggo!

* --back to his tuna sandwich, with a pout--
GREG: Tuna ... and the homeless are dining on shrimp salad. Lucky Clydes.
SARA: "Lucky Clydes?" Is that lingo from Lois' book?
WARRICK: She say anything in that book about all that dough we found under her floor?
GREG: Not exactly. But she does say back in '65, Vegas was getting a little bit too hot for Tony C, so he had to take a powder for a while. And dig this: while he was gone, the famous Pan Am heist was pulled off back east.
WARRICK: The famous Pan Am heist?
GREG: And, compadre, in the next chapter, Tony builds Lois the house. Connect the dots, buddy boy.

I’d pout if I got stuck with just a tuna sandwich, too!

* --the closet--
SARA: Looking under "formal" ...Dress number 161.
CATH: 130, 131, 132 ... got to admit, this is some kind of closet. Oh, let's see. It's 1-60 ... 1 ... Oh. 161 -- hanger's empty.
SARA: She got rid of the clothes?
CATHERINE: It's possible she sent them to the cleaners to get rid of blood and GSR. We can get a warrant.
SARA: Well ... she wouldn't have sent her jewelry to the cleaners. Got it. Drawer 19.
CATH: Oh. How apropos that she's named names. A canary diamond.
SARA: Want to bet the birdie sings in the key of GSR?

Wanna know what I’d like to yell out in the key of GSR?! *ahem* anyway! Cath feathering through the clothes was so cute - pulling out the boa. You know, I’d like to see Cath’s closet. She’s had some pretty darn snazzy looking clothes throughout the years!

* --Mom’s in trouble now!--
CATH: Mom? What are you doing? Where's Lindsey?
LILY FLYNN: She's on a sleep-over. ) So kill me. And I had dinner at Drai's with the girls. Filet to die for.
CATH: Drai's ... The girls like to spend.
LILY FLYNN: Red wine always makes me two of the seven dwarfs: Sleepy and Sneezy.
CATH: Where did you get that hanky?
LILY FLYNN: A friend.
CATH: A friend who was at Lois' party?
LILY FLYNN: Now don't get mad, Catherine.
CATH: You can't be seeing Sam?
LILY FLYNN: And why not?
CATH: Oh, for one thing, he's a player.
LILY FLYNN: I don't expect monogamy from him.
CATH: Oh. I can't believe this.
LILY FLYNN: And I am not promising that he'll get it from me, either.
CATH: Put it in the envelope.
LILY FLYNN: Why?!
CATH: Because we haven't cleared Sam as a suspect.
LILY FLYNN: He can't be! He has been so wonderful to me these past few weeks.
CATH: Oh, this has been going on for weeks, huh?
LILY FLYNN: We have a history together, Catherine. We were young together. Some day, maybe you'll understand.

Does anyone else find this scene totally endearing? I keep thinking - which one is actually the mother in this scene?! I can just imagine this scene with Cath & Lindsey a few years down the road. *sigh* but, alas - with TMTB, we know THAT won’t happen.

* --off to spar with daddy--
(cath gets into the limo)
SAM: You want to see me, Muggs, all you need is a phone.
CATH: You lied about being in Lois O'Neill's bedroom.
SAM: I was in that bedroom once. In 1967. As a gentleman, I would prefer not going into details.
CATH: Your handkerchief puts you there when the waiter was shot.
SAM: One of these? Lois and I were going over old times. She got a little weepy. What she did with it after that, I don't know. My housekeeper made me a dozen for Christmas. I've only got half left.
CATH: So quit giving them away.
SAM: Oh ... you're mothering me.
CATH: You know, Sam, this is the second time that I thought that you might be a killer.
SAM: Come on, you know better.
CATH: The thing is, I don't. It never occurred to me for a minute that this is something that you wouldn't have done. And that wouldn't bother me, except you're dating my mother.
SAM: Look, I'm being good to Lil this time around. Give us a chance. Give me a chance. You'll see.
CATH: Making up for stabbing one girl by being kind to another. Hmm.
SAM : If you weren't my daughter ...
CATH: What? What would you do, Sam?

OMG! You can almost see the tears in Sam’s eyes as Cath leaves the limo. I absolutely adore this scene. I just wish the camera had been steadier here. The cameraman did too much moving unintentionally.

* --Hodges vs. gray hair--
GRISSOM: Vanity, thy name is Hodges.
HODGES: This isn't what it looks like. I actually like my gray hair. The few that I have.
SARA: Hodges, don't you know that gray hair can be very attractive?

That last line shouldn’t make me nauseous, but it does.

* --even Doc knows--
GRISSOM: Nick just found out that Tim Duke's airline tickets were purchased by a credit card under the name of Double-X Associates.
GREG: That's Lois O'Neill's company.
GRISSOM: How do you know that?
ROBBINS: She was the double-kiss girl.
GREG: Yeah, you can't say her name without kissing twice. Lois O'Neill -- Kiss-Kiss. XX.

C’mon Gil! Get into the real world. Even Doc knew that (then again, Doc has his scrapbook of famous dead people, so we know he’s a little strange too)

ETA: Oh CRAP! I forgot the best part of the whole show!!! *slap me silly* (but not too hard, please!) Cath having dinner with her parents. She's trying so hard to be nice to Sam, for her mother's sake. She looked damn good too!

And then you've got Greg's little hat-twirl in the locker room - looking so dashing & debonair!

Now, somebody needs to bring the pics for this episode!

I have no desire to talk about Daddy's Little Girl. I mean, what happened in this episode except the girl's suicide? LOL. It, and Killer are definitely the two most forgettable season 6 episodes for me (and perhaps Time of Your Death minus the Cath parts). So I'll just pass. Sorry. :p

And I casted 10 votes. LMAO! Sorry, I just couldn't decide which title was better. And it looks like we've got several ties. HELP! :lol:

ETA: Hahaha kay you just read my mind.

kiss-kiss, bye, bye was one of the most awesome eps ever...the whole episode was fantastic! Catherine and Sam in the limo was such an angst moment! Ya gotta love sam's cover up when he said that the dancer he was dating was working...lol Gil could say the same thing to lindsey in a few years. I loved the ending with the frank sinatra song, Greg, the doc, and Cath and the parents...hmmm...i think someone was late to dinner that night...Any guesses who?

^ Hehe 27dayz I like the way you think. ;)

And yes, KKBB is definitely one of the best season 6 episodes. The whole old Vegas feeling was so charming, so classic. Oh I really loved that Gil didn't stop Catherine from talking to Sam. In fact, he kind of encouraged her to do that by telling her that Sam was at the party. The limo scene pwn'ed! I was glad to see that Sam showed his weak side to Cath and we saw that he was hurt by Cath's hostility towards him and that he knew there wasn't much time left for him. Greg's hat flipping was awesome. I loved the interaction between him and Lois. :D Also glad to see that although Cath was still bitter about Sam, she still decided to give him a chance for Lily. I wasn't really impressed by Faye Dunaway's performance, though. However, she did added some extra charm to the episode. LOL, isn't it somehow interesting that Lois decided to die beautiful and without pain after she knew she had cancer, but Gil said later in the same season that he'd want to die of cancer so that he'd have time to prepare?

EricaSJ intersting, yeah, and maybe a bit ironic. Gil wanted time to say goodbye to the people he loved (or liked as a really close friend or possibly father-daughter relationship in the case of the person her was talking to). You just know that one of those people would be catherine.

You gotta wonder though, which posibillity catherine would pick. Would she want to have cancer or just go quickly? Even if she got time to say goodbye, I can't see her wanting to suffer. There's no doubt in my mind that she would fight the disease as long as possible, but I don't think she's the type to want to be put through pain or want to put the people who love her through the pain of watching her suffer - Gil, Lindsey, her parents, and the CSI team.

Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back