Gil <3 Cath #21: he's UP in bed while she's shaking her head

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hottie_Cath, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

Re: Gil <3 Cath #21: he's UP in bed while she's shaking he

And as for Linds' paternity, coolc, I think TMTB have so much stuff to set right before they can get to something like that, I'm not even holding my breath.

Yeah, non-shippers don't know why it is I can't watch past eps anymore. It's just that what transpired on screen made all that came before look like a huge joke - the thing that Billy P said in the aftermath interview on the May 19 Early Show... the real fast one they pulled on their fans wasn't the May 18th ep, it was how everything that came before it was a huge trick. The last laugh was on us. Or it seemed that way. Which made it all the more offensive, especially coming from WP.

2. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

eh, he's bored, what does he care.

so anyways, what ep are we on now?

3. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

42- They joke(d) together .

4. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

Yup, he's bored, and they probably said what they were told to say. I got that sense, anyway.

So the ep we are on... Toughie, that one. I scrolled back to page 20 and still no sign of the ep under discussion. But if my memory serves me well, we were somewhere in S5. There was some mention of Harvest somewhere, before backtracking to NMB. Ring any bell, coolc?

Catherine, I love your use of the past tense in your latest reason contribution! :D

5. coolcatz

catherine, you hit it on the nose!

uh,*ducks head*, i think i remember why we backtracked and i think harvest was the last ep we discussed in order. so anyone got anything else to contribute on harvest?

and thread titles, don't forget how much they love to take a shower together, just somethign those with a marriage of the mind do.

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

"Gloom, despair & agony on me (Whoa). Deep dark depression, excessive misery(whoa). If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all(whoa). Gloom, despair & agony on me"

*ahem* Sorry. I've been watching the "Hee Haw" re-runs on CMT all day today, and can't get that song out of my head. It kind of reminds me of my mindset for CSI season 7.

Anyway -- I think I've already contributed my quick takes on both 5x04 Crow's Feet and 5x05 Swap Meet. Wonderful Marg performance in CF and just one (meaningful) G/C scene in SM. Neither episodes are among my favorites.

How about another "Hee Haw" song?
    "No you won't hear any of us repeating gossip. So you'd better be sure and listen close the first time." :lol:

7. coolcatz

omg! i used to watch hee haw as a kid.

now crow's feet, really more of a cn ep but my god marg was brilliant in this ep (and really seriously should have received a nod for this performance). you know the subtlety with which she performs when the doctor is trying to break down cath's barriers plus the brief moment at the end. omg!!!

8. rebec

rebec Police Officer

I know what you all mean, it's like rewatching a great show with a lousy finale, everything that used to shine in that show doesn't seem so good anymore because you're already turned off by the ending.

The one thing I can say about csi now (trying to be optimistic for once) is that it's still not the real end, so there's still room for hope :) As for the previous seasons, I have to admit that I can't watch them without wondering if gil and sara were already in a relationship at that time, but still they never fail to make my day :)

Yeah, I was disappointed with that interview too, especially when Billy used "married couple" to descride that pairing so I had the similar idea that he was told what to say. Another thing is, his claim that the relationship had been ongoing for many years knid of contradicts "the rejection" in the early season. So till now I'm still kinda confused :confused:

Oh, I was also quite surprised that ET did not do any interviews with the cast or crew after the finale, I thought they are always quick to get the latest gossip? So can we say that they are really pro GC?

About the epi discussion, last I remember we stopped at CF but back tracked to NMB then stopped (I'm not very sure, might be wrong)

9. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Well, someone said, it's not the end till it's the end. So me being a very optimistic person, am going to ship GC till the end, and I'm willing to fight to the death for our dynamics. :lol:

Since Catherine brings up that whole point of "joked"...I don't know why they've suddenly decided to do that. Season 1, I think that really was the GC season for us when they weren't pressured by other fans. I think perhaps the reason TMTB are going down this road is perhaps the pressure from the fans. Every writer of every show has to take in the fan reaction right? And that's where the minority, although it's respected (supposedly) always ends up getting ignored. :p

Crow's Feet? Marg was absolutely brilliant, as coolc mentioned. I really thought it was the character speaking, her pain seeping through Marg's facial expressions. I loved it.

10. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

its obvious billy's interview was carefully scripted to try and get fans to warm up to that last scene...failed attempt! anyhow, sara was rejected earlier on and wasn't it said that that would be the end to GSR or am i deluded? also i cant see some of the staff over at csi overly supporting of GSR. if i remember right, in the comentary for 'who shot sherlock', one of the writers/ producers brought up the GSR also means Grissom/Sara relationship...the other replied with something like 'like that would ever happen'...i guess they thought they'd still be sane a year later

43 - cuz she uses his first name (and it sounds natural)

11. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

Don't know about being the minority, Gravey. Just not as vocal a group, certainly. I think there are a lot more people who like the GC pairing although they, being older, have other interests in their lives.

It's not the end till it's the end. That is true indeed. Perhaps the end of S7 will be a happier one for us. Who knows? But I'm not counting my chickens before they are hatched since I don't much trust the "farmer" at the moment.

Yes, Marg was absolutely sublime in Crow's Feet. I loved it. But then again, I think she has given us the best and most consistent performance of all the actors on CSI, better yet than Billy P who has been flagging lately. She is the consummate professional and I respect her for that.

Oh wait. Should that have gone into the Marg thread? :lol:

Anyway, yes, I loved CF. And except for that terrific GC scene, NHI was totally forgettable. Actually I can't rightly recall what the cases were about. It was that forgettable. But that one piggy boy scene was so beautifully played by both WP and MH.

12. rebec

rebec Police Officer

Being pressured by the fans eh? That's one thing I never really thought about, thanks for bringing it up :)

IMO, we are not really the minority, because as Erica had said, there are alot of people who ship the GC dynamics, we just happen to be the smaller bunch in this large family who actually ship GC romantics.

I asked a friend (non-shipper) about who she thought should hook up and she chose GC (By the way she also thought marg is gorgeous so I assume her taste could be trusted). Even my dad who only watched a few epis randomly thought they were married and when he saw the B/M emmy kissing pic he asked me if they were married in real life :)

So what I'm trying to say is, there should be alot of people out there who enjoy the GC dynamics (but don't really give a damn about who ends up with whom), just that not that many of them make it a point to make themselves heard so we turn out to be not as loudspoken as other shippers hence we are seen as the minority. So when TMTB went in "that" direction, I simply assumed they have not understood this yet.

*re-reads my own post* Not sure if I'm making any sense to the rest of you, but I'm don't know how else I can put it so just bear with me ;)

------edit----------

:lol: ren you got one step ahead of me, but it's great to know that we think alike ;)

13. weepingwillows

weepingwillows Lab Technician

And like I usually say, the online fandom is such a small part of the entire viewer base. Think about it: 30 million viewers a week (and that's just in the US). This place, for example, has 10 000 registered users (and I doubt all of them still come here). Not really a huge percentage. Most viewers just watch without ever getting involved in the online fandom; most don't even know about the things going on in the fandom. Most people don't write letters to TPTB. Most people don't write TV Guide and other magazines with their opinions. Still... I guess that's the way for people to get heard, and that's why some fanbases come out as "stronger" and more "vocal". I think TPTB (no matter which show we're talking about) can definitely feel pressure from the viewers, which is why I actually hope the ratings will drop considerably if they don't shape up this season (concerning everything). Maybe that way they'll get a clue.

Sometimes I wonder if those small random G/C scenes in the latter half of season 6 were just thrown in to "keep us happy". Y'know, "Okay, we won't give them an ep of them working together, but maybe if we have this 30-second scene of them together, they won't notice?" Meh. Yes, this is a hugely popular show, with lots of viewers, but the G/C dynamics is a big part of that success. We need (and deserve ]more than a 30-second scene every other week. I just don't understand why they won't let that natural chemistry continue to shine, even if it's just in a friendship way. Here's hoping that will be rectified once the new season starts.

14. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

You absolutely made sense to me, rebec, and it was such a pleasure reading you guys' posts. I don't think C/G shippers are the minority, either. Not as vocal? Definitely yes. Not as demanding? Might be. I myself know a few fans who really like the C/G dymanics. They don't mind other ships, but if they were given a choice, they'd pick C/G. It's the natural chemistry. Marg and Billy are so comfortable around each other that a scene of them which is meant to be plain and normal ends up filled with electricity and makes shippers giggle. Do TPTB know what they are doing? Maybe. You see, they are not stupid, or they couldn't have run such a successful show for six years. If you have read ren's analysis posted in our Cozy Coner, you'd understand why they probably know fully well that it's not right to have no more C/G but they're still doing it anyway. Sometimes they go a certain direction doesn't necessarily mean it's what most fans want, but it could be what seems to bring them the most benefit...in a short term. That's just a speculation, though. Anyone who read this post and thinks I'm talking bs, you don't have to agree with me. ;)

*re-reads her post, too* LOL, sometimes it's so hard for me to write in English, especially when I'm trying to be serious. :lol:

BTW, you know how much they like to shower together. So vote for the shower! :lol:

15. weepingwillows

weepingwillows Lab Technician

BTW, what would he do without her? *innocent look* ;)

And Erica, that wasn't total BS - I get you.

Oh how I loved this thing you said: Marg and Billy are so comfortable around each other that a scene between them which is meant to be plain and normal ends up filled with electricity and makes shippers giggle.

That is so true, and perfectly put. *hugs you*

And if they're stupid (TPTB, that is)? Well... you have a point when you say they've run a successful show for six years. They have. The first four (even parts of season 5) were brilliant, though. However, season six was seriously lacking, but it takes awhile for ratings to drop; people don't just give up over night (we all continued watching, didn't we?). Which is why I have my hopes set on season 7, whether it be them shaping up again (and keeping their ratings), or them not shaping up (and the ratings dropping). Either way, something needs to happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.