Gil <3 Cath #21: he's UP in bed while she's shaking her head

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hottie_Cath, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Re: Gil <3 Cath #21: he's UP in bed while she's shaking he

It appears that many of us think a like, doesn't it? (Duh!)

Apart from the C/G dymanics, the whole group banter thing has been missing, too. We rarely see them get together and have fun anymore. I just rewatched Table Stakes the other night and saw the scene where Catherine, Nick, Sara and Brass were having a meal together. That scene was just great. Not to mention the last scene from Strip Strangler. However, I doubt the writers have watched those earlier seasons since a lot of them are quite new to the show. Sigh.

And C/G always have fun in the shower. :D

2. weepingwillows

weepingwillows Lab Technician

Yeah, and I think that's also an important thing. All the writers should be required to watch every single episode! And I'm serious here; this doesn't go for only Gil and Catherine - half the time I feel like I know all the characters better than some of the writers do. That's really not how it's suppoed to be. Yes, we re-watch the episodes over and over again, and we discuss things to death. Maybe I can't expect all the writers to do that, but to expect them to have seen all the eps and do at least some decent discussing? I actually think we should expect that of them.

And about group scenes/eps... Taking later episodes into it, I would love another episode like "Grave Danger". Everyone worked together, everyone worked towards the same thing. It was intense and it was fabulous. And in G/C terms, I loved how it showed Catherine and Gil as the "mom and dad" of the whole deal. I adore the scene with them and Nick's parents - it's such a wonderful parallell; Nick's real parents together with his "parents". Beautiful. Also, I love how they just both took charge in different ways, and how Gil may not have loved her going to Sam for the money, but he accepted it and understood it. But ah... we're not up to "Grave Danger" yet, are we? LOL

And yes, but what would he do without her in that shower? ;)

3. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

What happened to our new thread? :p

4. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

We aren't there yet, Gravey. We're still at 978 posts. It's just that the number of posts displayed per page seems to have been reduced from the previous 50 to... what? I really don't know and I'm too lazy to count! :lol:

Yes! Absolutely! Long before CSI took a nosedive this year, so many of us had been lamenting about the lack of continuity. How can one write for a show when one doesn't know the characters??? That's one of the big problems since the end of S4 when CSI:NY came on-stream and they brought on a new crop of writers. I remember TMTB crowing about how they had lots of new talent coming into their pool of writers. Well, we know how that turned out.

The strength of the show lies not just in the cases and the science, intriguing though that may be, but in the special bond that the characters have when working together as ONE team. We've had far too few of those moments. You're right there again.

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ What do you mean what happened to our new thread, Gravy? ;)

Angie, talking about team work, nothing comes close to Grave Danger. And I'm so with you on the C/G v.s. Judge and Mrs. Stokes parallell. It was so heartbreaking-ly (is that even a word? LOL) beautiful. Makes me wonder yet again how TPTB could go from this to Way to Go in just a season and practially denied a lot of things that had happened in the previous five seasons. They really should watch and discuss every single episode of this show so that they can work on some REAL continuity. Ugh.

But, the shower is still better!

6. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

Ah, but Erica, Grave Danger bears the imprint of Tarantino. This man KNOWS the characters and I think he came up with the storyline or at least had a lot of clout in deciding how the characters should interact with each other and where the show should go. Love that it was in this ep that Grissom was made to say that he wanted his guys back.

Way To Go may have been written by Jerry Stahl who gave us some good eps but it would seem that he doesn't have even a fraction of the authority that Tarantino had. So his script somehow got mangled as a result of all the in-fighting and horse-trading that must have been going on behind the scenes. At least I'd like to think that!

WTG was a lame epi all round. Instead of giving that to us as the season finale, they might have got an Emmy nod for sheer originality if they had filmed what was going on off camera instead. THAT was where the real drama was!

44. Because he says her name in such a sensuous way.

7. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

I agree, Ren ! and all the drama seems to be behind the camera ,yet . I'd love to read the Tarentino's opinion about the S6' finale .

45- Because she's the only one to sit on his desk !

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ I'm afraid that ain't true, Catherine. LOL. Sofia sat at the spot once, but that was when the team was apart and she replaced Cath to be his right hand. However, as soon as the team reunited, the spot was Cath's again. :D Judging from that, well I think that could still be one good reason. Jeez I'm not making sense here. :lol:

ren, you're right. Tarantino owned the authority when he was directing Grave Danger while Jerry Stahl could only write TPTB wanted him to in Way to Go. Tarantino not only made the greatest CSI season finale ever but also gave TPTB quite some good storylines to develope, e.g. how Nick was going to deal with the aftermath of his kidnapping...they screwed up that one; how reuniting the team was going to influence them...they did okay in the first half of season 6, but still screwed it up in the second half. Sigh. The real drama behind the scenes, eh? Now that would be interesting. ;)

46. Because she takes care of the mess he leaves. (The speech from Formalities.)

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Right. It is I, co-moderator of Shipper Central. I'm here to remind everyone to go read TBonz's It's Me Again post, acknowledge the rules and sign it. Please do so as quickly as possible. If you have already done so, thank you for your co-operation. :)

I would also like to say the following, in addition to TBonz's post.

In regards to mod notification, please do so only when it is absolutely necessary and you are absolutely sure that the post is flaming in nature, spam or was made by a troll. If you're not sure ... that's what the board rules are there for. One or two notifications are more than enough to alert us to any situations that need our moderating. And no, sending us dozens of them in one go will not make us respond faster or 'help' us with our job. In fact, it's friggin' irritating to have our mailboxes clogged with spammy notifications. Be patient for us to respond. We moderators have a life outside of this board, and we can't be here 24/7. However, we always endeavor to reply and check things out as soon as we can.

About spammy posts. We mods have noticed that spam-like posts have been increasing lately. While we understand that the boards can get slow with no new episodes on air yet, please refrain from constantly posting one-liners. Especially, those that have nothing to do with the 'ship or current discussion. If possible, use PMs rather than clogging up the thread. No one enjoys browsing through a thread full of irrelevant posts, eh?

And lastly ... this is pure common sense. If you know that you'll be uncomfortable or annoyed about characters in your favorite ship being shipped with other characters you might not like, DON'T GO AND READ THEIR SHIP THREADS. You only have yourself to blame if you end up upset with other shippers not liking your ship. There's a very good reason why each ship has their own thread. Think about that.

That's all from me. For now. :cool:

10. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

:lol: They screwed a lot of things up. It was only a matter of time! :rolleyes: Well, I guess you've either got talent - or you ain't.

*** Edit ***

What was THAT all about? Has one of us done something to annoy the mods??? I thought we hadn't even been chatty of late, which seems to be where we people fall afoul of board rules. :confused:

11. rebec

rebec Police Officer

You guys are having a hell of a discussion, I have so much to say but I don't where to start, still I'll try so here goes:

ww I think that's a thing that puzzles all of us. They have such natural and beautiful actor chemistry (you don't come across that all the time) just right there in font of their eyes, under their noses and they choose to push it away *shakes head* A moment of ignorance and stupidity and they waste four/five years of great work :(

Erica if yours is bs I don't what's mine :lol: Now that you've mentioned it, there really seems to be a possibility that they are going for as much as they can get right now, hmmm perhaps sensing that they can't go on much longer (with their new pool of talented writers)? But judging from the response, their benefits are really turning out to be short-termed :D IMO, no matter how good the writers are, they are of no use to the show if they don't even know the characters (that's the basics). They may be able to write great stuff but when put in the csi context, it may turn out to be a disappointment.

About the team dynamics, i have to say I missed those too! i thought they were at their best in s1 (have yet to watch GD so no comments on that yet). They were just so in sync with each other, always there to back each other up, but as the show went on tension built up and the team dynamics just kinda disappear, not completely but not that noticeable anymore.

Happens to me all the time :lol:

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^^ LOL ren. Sometimes you might have got that talent, but use it the wrong way. :D

No, I don't think TBonz posted that message because of anyone in here. We've been doing pretty well. We even did well when the end scene of Way to Go was working up some other shippers. In fact, we got trolled by someone whose ship became canon. LOL. I think she posted it for a general situation and perhaps a few particular incidents that happened in other threads. While I agree that people shouldn't try to flame and insult others, I don't think that people should ship a couple just because it is somewhat advantageous to their main ship aka OTP. I've seen people in a shipper thread saying "oh I ship this and that" while they diss one or both of the characters in other threads. IMO, you need to at least not mind the characters to ship them. I really don't see how you could dislike/hate a character and yet still ship him/her with someone else. Just my opinion.

*steps down from soap box*

13. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Oh ren, its just a general reminder that was posted on all the threads here on Talk. :)

Wow you gals aren't watching CSI eps.. not even re-runs? I am re-watching Season 5 cuz I have only seen the episodes on that Season once. And I must say that although the team was split, there were actually more memorable cases and character stories from that season.

Btw, as you all know I also love other shows and I saw a parallelism between CSI.. and Grey's Anatomy. :lol: This quote is from Christina Yang, (played by Sandra Oh)
    "Cristina: (sarcasm) Sleeping with our bosses was a great idea!"
    So CSI is not a soap.. says who? :lol:

EDIT: rebec, CLICK HERE for Tbonz's post.

14. rebec

rebec Police Officer

erm, pardon me for a stupid question, where do I go to read TBonz post? *smiles sheepishly*

15. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. You'll see "Jump to..." and the default is SHIPPER CENTRAL. (at least it is, on mine!). Click on the JUMP button and you'll see the TBONZ post at the top of the SHIPPER CENTRAL listing.

Now I know who would be a good addition to the post-S6 CSI! Then again, Cath can also drip sarcasm with equal panache, I am sure. Would love the writers to give her that line.

Oh wait. These are the new generation CSI writers we're talking about here. *tosses out idea*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.