George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about the sabbatical too. In my opinion, Nick didn't seem that disturbed that Grissom was leaving then i.e. he didn't put down the stuff he was carrying and just seemed embarrassed (not upset) when Gris blew him off. I agree I didn't like that interaction because it seemed awkward and out of character for Nick to nab Grissom in the middle of the public hallway.

After Grave danger/Daddy's little Girl the writers had a great chance to either resolve the awkwardness between Grisson and Nick or create some more tension. They did nothing. I just don't get what they are doing with Nick.
I think Nick is such an interesting character but I don't think his character is making sense lately. He would be the one to notice something was troubling someone (like Grissom), unless he is so taken by his repressed grief for Warrick??

This time he did seemed puzzled and shocked that he didn't see Grissom's departure coming when he asked Catherine if she knew anything. However, I don't think he needs Grissom and It's sad that they don't have much of a relationship.

PS I love this thread but normally lurk to make sense of what is happening to Nick as I don't get to login in too frequently.

I think Grissom will have a little interlude with everyone, eagerly awaiting to see what he'll say to Nick! I agree it will be short, possibly not sweet but meaningful. I just hope their last words end things on a positive and rewarding note!

I don't normally post in this thread, not because I don't like GE/Nick or anything because I love him. Actually I don't know why I never visit this thread. But I have to say, I agree with everyone in hoping that the writers clear up this weird relationship Nick and Grissom have. I really want to know what's with Grissom always treating Nick like the red-headed step child.

My favorite person on CSI is William Petersen seeing as I've been following his career since I was little. But I've been watching CSI from the first day the pilot aired and not only was I excited to see a show with WP, but I was equally excited to see GE. "Savannah" used to be my favorite, short lived show when I was in middle school and I only watched it for GE's character.

I don't normally post in this thread, not because I don't like GE/Nick or anything because I love him. Actually I don't know why I never visit this thread. But I have to say, I agree with everyone in hoping that the writers clear up this weird relationship Nick and Grissom have. I really want to know what's with Grissom always treating Nick like the red-headed step child.

My favorite person on CSI is William Petersen seeing as I've been following his career since I was little. But I've been watching CSI from the first day the pilot aired and not only was I excited to see a show with WP, but I was equally excited to see GE. "Savannah" used to be my favorite, short lived show when I was in middle school and I only watched it for GE's character.

Well, welcome Ashlmorr3, glad you stopped by. I totally agree with you. They have had a strange relationship and I really hope something is resolved about it.

I mean, really, what is it with Nick and Grissom? Maybe, I hope, we'll get some answers Jan. 15th. :wtf: Why or why do we have to wait so long?

Let's say by some small miracle the writers give us what we want. How would you like it to happen? Nick approaching Grissom to say good-bye and then Griss finally tells him? Grissom approaching Nick saying something like "look I've being meaning to tell you something?" Or Grissom approaches Nick wanting to talk to him, but Nick feels too little, too late and stops Grissom and just says goodbye and good luck to Grissom? Or should Nick have it out with him?

Or do you think Grissom will just say say goodbye to Nick, wish him luck and then just walk away leaving Nick standing there all alone, thinking why am I not surprised that was the way he would say goodbye to me?

I'm going to blend a little of two scenerios. I would like Grissom to call Nick in his office and have him sit down. Tell Nick he wanted to take a moment to talk to him and start mentioning the dynamics of their relationship. I want Nick to stop him in his tracks and just say something like: "Griss, I don't know what it is about me that bugs you so much, but it's really too little, too late for this. Sara, Greg & Warrick were your favorites and I'm at peace with that. I know I disappointed you and I apologize for that. Please, I know exactly how you feel about me. I knew everytime you were there for Sara, Greg & Warrick and not me. I will always be grateful that you and the team found me and I've enjoyed working with you and I've have learned a tremendous amount from you, so Thank You. I wish you luck and hope you find the happiness you're looking for." Nick gets up, shakes Grissom's hand and starts to leave. Grissom tries to stop Nick, but Nick just keeps walking away.

Ok, I think there's a story brewing there...Hmmmm......

speedystokesgirl said:
I'm going to blend a little of two scenerios. I would like Grissom to call Nick in his office and have him sit down. Tell Nick he wanted to take a moment to talk to him and start mentioning the dynamics of their relationship. I want Nick to stop him in his tracks and just say something like: "Griss, I don't know what it is about me that bugs you so much, but it's really too little, too late for this. Sara, Greg & Warrick were your favorites and I'm at peace with that. I know I disappointed you and I apologize for that. Please, I know exactly how you feel about me. I knew everytime you were there for Sara, Greg & Warrick and not me. I will always be grateful that you and the team found me and I've enjoyed working with you and I've have learned a tremendous amount from you, so Thank You. I wish you luck and hope you find the happiness you're looking for." Nick gets up, shakes Grissom's hand and starts to leave. Grissom tries to stop Nick, but Nick just keeps walking away.

Speedy, you have SO got to put that into a fic!

Let's say by some small miracle the writers give us what we want. How would you like it to happen? Nick approaching Grissom to say good-bye and then Griss finally tells him? Grissom approaching Nick saying something like "look I've being meaning to tell you something?" Or Grissom approaches Nick wanting to talk to him, but Nick feels too little, too late and stops Grissom and just says goodbye and good luck to Grissom? Or should Nick have it out with him?

Or do you think Grissom will just say say goodbye to Nick, wish him luck and then just walk away leaving Nick standing there all alone, thinking why am I not surprised that was the way he would say goodbye to me?

While I agree that the writers, being the people they are, will have some kind of moment like that between Nick and Grissom, I think there would be more. I'm a firm believer that Nick and Grissom do have a good relationhip, or at least, the best they can. The reason we don't see it is because they always say, "CSI is not a soap opera," though it doesn't come off that way, to me at least. Grissom and Nick just don't have the moments we all would have liked to have seen because Nick is just that strong. Grissom has some pride in Nick, and I'm still hopeful we'll have one of those "You never disappointed me, Nick," moments between Grissom and Nick.

...I can dream, can't I? ;)

speedystokesgirl said:

Speedy, you have SO got to put that into a fic!

:) I just might do that! A little different then my "Dear Nick" one. Hmmmm..... that's two stories brewing in my mind now!!!!

I agree that Nick and Grissom do have a good relationship. I just think that, particularly after 11 Angry Jurors, Nick realized he was good enough at his job not to have to worry what Grissom thought anymore- or at least not have to worry about trying to earn his approval. And then when Grissom recommended him over Sara, I'm sure Nick finally realized that he'd had it all along.

When they finally show Grissom's departure, I hope they deal with it like two collegues on equal footing saying goodbye, with a little twist of friendship thrown in for realism. Nothing over the top because that would be too cheesey (and too unlike Grissom), but something realistic based on all their interactions over the last few years. Nick has remained perhaps the most consistent CSI of the bunch, and I'm sure Grissom has recognized that for years now.

I agree that Nick and Grissom do have a good relationship. I just think that, particularly after 11 Angry Jurors, Nick realized he was good enough at his job not to have to worry what Grissom thought anymore- or at least not have to worry about trying to earn his approval. And then when Grissom recommended him over Sara, I'm sure Nick finally realized that he'd had it all along.

When they finally show Grissom's departure, I hope they deal with it like two collegues on equal footing saying goodbye, with a little twist of friendship thrown in for realism. Nothing over the top because that would be too cheesey (and too unlike Grissom), but something realistic based on all their interactions over the last few years. Nick has remained perhaps the most consistent CSI of the bunch, and I'm sure Grissom has recognized that for years now.

To be honest, I don't expect anything to happen between them. I don't think they have the best relationship and I think Nick just doesn't care. In the one scene in one of the first eppies this season when Grissom scolded Nick for going after the guy, Nick's response was "Gotcha!" But it was the tone that said it all as he might as well have said, "Whatever!" Very cold and matter of fact!

Nick dismissed Grissom after his "So it's over" remark in Daddy's Little Girl and realized his boss is what he is and there relationship is simply nothing more than of politeness.

Nick's probably going to be more upset at another major change in the team, but I think he will simply just deal with it and move on because now he's got some underlings to look after.

I'm more interested in the new dynamic between he and Langston-a doctor, and someone about 10 years old then Nick yet this guy is under his tutelage and that will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think Grissom thought the others needed his guidance more because they hadn't gotten much from their parents. Greg's mother was over-protective and therefore he didn't get to do much of anything for himself, it sounds like she tried to coddle him too much. Warrick's parents died and he was raised by his grandma, so he never really had a male influence. Sara's mother killed her father and she was put in the foster care system. But Nick had two parents who according to Nick himself "raised him right". Nick's always been very independent because of the way he was raised and he's also very strong. So Grissom spent a little more time on the others than Nick because they needed it more in his eyes. Nick had already had the guidance he needed (from his parents).

I think Grissom may have been tougher on Nick because he saw the most potential in him, so he may have pushed him harder because of that. I don't think that Grissom was being mean when he reprimanded Nick for going after that guy in that one ep. I think he was just so on edge after losing Warrick that he was very afraid of losing another CSI, so it bugged him that Nick was going off like that without backup. It's not Nick's job to chase the suspect. He's a CSI. His job is to gather the evidence and process it. It's Brass, Vartann, Sofia, etc that are the ones who are supposed to chase the suspect. Grissom's comment to Nick was along the same lines as when he told Sofia (when she was still a CSI) that she wasn't supposed to chase the suspect (and she replied she was chasing the evidence). Although when Grissom said that to Nick, he sounded very fatherly. :lol: I actually kind of liked that scene for that reason. I think he said it in a concerned fatherly way. He wasn't trying to make Nick feel stupid, I didn't get that impression at all. I just got the feeling that he was just afraid of losing another CSI. I mean, when he lost Warrick, that was the second CSI he'd lost that way (being shot and killed), Holly being the first. I don't think I can blame Grissom for being afraid of losing another. Warrick, Nick and Greg were/are like Grissom's "My three sons". :lol: Grissom saying that to Nick felt more to me like a father who'd already lost one child saying "I've already lost one son and I will not lose another, understand?" It was stern, but in a concerned way.

As for how I'd like the scene to go where Grissom says goodbye to Nicky, I'd prefer it if Grissom approaches Nicky and tells him how proud he is of him and how he always knew he was strong and could handle more than the others, etc... Then it would be neat if Grissom actually initiated the hug.

Last edited:
I think Grissom thought the others needed his guidance more because they hadn't gotten much from their parents. Greg's mother was over-protective and therefore he didn't get to do much of anything for himself, it sounds like she tried to coddle him too much. Warrick's parents died and he was raised by his grandma, so he never really had a male influence. Sara's mother killed her father and she was put in the foster care system. But Nick had two parents who according to Nick himself "raised him right". Nick's always been very independent because of the way he was raised and he's also very strong. So Grissom spent a little more time on the others than Nick because they needed it more in his eyes. Nick had already had the guidance he needed (from his parents).

I think Grissom may have been tougher on Nick because he saw the most potential in him, so he may have pushed him harder because of that. I don't think that Grissom was being mean when he reprimanded Nick for going after that guy in that one ep. I think he was just so on edge after losing Warrick that he was very afraid of losing another CSI, so it bugged him that Nick was going off like that without backup. It's not Nick's job to chase the suspect. He's a CSI. His job is to gather the evidence and process it. It's Brass, Vartann, Sofia, etc that are the ones who are supposed to chase the suspect. Grissom's comment to Nick was along the same lines as when he told Sofia (when she was still a CSI) that she wasn't supposed to chase the suspect (and she replied she was chasing the evidence). Although when Grissom said that to Nick, he sounded very fatherly. :lol: I actually kind of liked that scene for that reason. I think he said it in a concerned fatherly way. He wasn't trying to make Nick feel stupid, I didn't get that impression at all. I just got the feeling that he was just afraid of losing another CSI. I mean, when he lost Warrick, that was the second CSI he'd lost that way (being shot and killed), Holly being the first. I don't think I can blame Grissom for being afraid of losing another. Warrick, Nick and Greg were/are like Grissom's "My three sons". :lol: Grissom saying that to Nick felt more to me like a father who'd already lost one child saying "I've already lost one son and I will not lose another, understand?" It was stern, but in a concerned way.

As for how I'd like the scene to go where Grissom says goodbye to Nicky, I'd prefer it if Grissom approaches Nicky and tells him how proud he is of him and how he always knew he was strong and could handle more than the others, etc... Then it would be neat if Grissom actually initiated the hug.

I agree with you CSI Snow Angel in that Grissom was looking out for Nick when he said that to Nick in Let It Bleed, he was afraid of loosing yet another member of the team. Besides I guess Grissom figured that Nick was in a "don't care" state of mind and he needed to be brought back from that. And Nick's reply was very much like the obstinate son :lol:, "whatever you say".

I do hope Nick gets some kind of appriciation from Grissom as he is leaving, he deserves it.

I like this idea. It lets Nick say his peace, and it shows how much he's matured over the years. It shows he's not seeking for Grissoms approval, so he's not afraid to say what is on his mind, in a non-disrespectful way of course.

Oh yeah, thanks for the welcome.

Originally Posted by speedystokesgirl
I know I disappointed you and I apologize for that.

I would have a really hard time with Nick apologizing to Grissom, for anything. It makes it seem like Nick did something wrong or wasn't good enough, and that Nick himself still thinks that. I think Nick got over Grissom's opinon a long time ago.
I would however love for Nick to call him out on playing favorites.

Or him apologizing to Grissom could seem like he's just patronizing him. Apologozing just because he thinks that's what Griss wants to hear.

Originally Posted by speedystokesgirl
I know I disappointed you and I apologize for that.
I would have a really hard time with Nick apologizing to Grissom, for anything. It makes it seem like Nick did something wrong or wasn't good enough, and that Nick himself still thinks that. I think Nick got over Grissom's opinon a long time ago.
I would however love for Nick to call him out on playing favorites.

However, death seemed to bring them together, possibly closer than previous seasons. They're more of a family now...Grissom even called Hodges Dave after Warrick's death, David seemed to feel he could speak to Grissom in a more friendly way..."Hi Gil"...I don't want a hug...or even a kiss...but I would like a small remark from Grissom that gives Nick some closure to having always felt like the ugly step son...for feeling as if he had somehow disappointed his superior...it doesn't have to be grand or even that noticeable except to us who have wondered so long why Grissom did not show the same sentiment towards Nick that he did to the rest of the group....Thank goodness for Catherine....she always came through for Nick...maybe that is why we feel such a closeness between these two characters...she gave Nick what Gil could not....and that is why we need closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back