George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny, cause I've noticed that too! :lol:

Just like I've noticed that a lot of fics have him not only being with the Dallas PD, but also a paramedic. I don't remember him being a paramedic in any of his bios. :wtf:

Why they do that he's a neat freak, beats me. Maybe because the ONE TIME we saw his place, it was neat. Who knows!

So, I had this idea, I think after CSI ends they should do a spin-off and it should Nick and Brass. Brass retires from the force and Nick leaves CSI for something new. I think they should be Private eyes. That way George would still be able to carry his weapon. :devil:

'Kay, I got a question. I was perusing some fanfic just now and I wondered - where does the notion that Nick is an anal-retentive obsessive compulsive cleaner come from? It's a recurring theme in Nick stories but I don't remember any episode that would've said so or given that impression. The only thing I can think of is Stalker, where we actually see his home, but I don't recall anything about his apparent need to be uber-clean.

Thoughts, anyone?

I've not noticed that. Sure he's clean and tidy but I've never read anything that would describe him as an OC type personality. Some writers may make it an underlining need for him to be in control of his life after the sexual abuse.

'Kay, I got a question. I was perusing some fanfic just now and I wondered - where does the notion that Nick is an anal-retentive obsessive compulsive cleaner come from? It's a recurring theme in Nick stories but I don't remember any episode that would've said so or given that impression. The only thing I can think of is Stalker, where we actually see his home, but I don't recall anything about his apparent need to be uber-clean.

Thoughts, anyone?

I've not noticed that. Sure he's clean and tidy but I've never read anything that would describe him as an OC type personality. Some writers may make it an underlining need for him to be in control of his life after the sexual abuse.

Well for me, personally, I got the OCC notion from watching a funny scene in an episode where Nick is holding a cat and after he puts it down, he starts to pick the cat hairs off his shirt.

But for a number of seasons Nick was so neat and so immaculate in his appearance right down to his hair. As Grandpa Simpson once said. "Now there's a haircut you could set your watch to!":guffaw:

As for the paramedic or Dallas P.D, I'm not sure where those came from. But that's why I always thought of Nick as a neat freak.

When I write fanfiction, I try and stay close to the character as possible but then add in some of my own perspective of him. I do get the impression from his attire he's a bit O/C, but that doesn't mean someone else is going to that impression. It's just a viewer's perspective. It's fanfiction so you'll hear the writer's voice through the words you read.

Just like in one of my stories, I gave Nick a cat, but how do we know in the future an episode may depict jo, saying, "I hate cats." We don't. I know in Monster In The Box he chased a cat away from a cup of cream, and at first I thought it was because he didn't like cats but then I realized he was trying to keep it safe as the cream might have been poisoned.

Like Nick's supposed love for red-heads we learned about in Stalker, but we've seen him attracted to burnettes (Kristi) and blondes (the one he left with in Built To Kill).

Because we know so little about Nick, we fanfic writers try and fill in the gaps. It doesn't mean we're accurate. You never know what the writers of the show will show us in the future.

Maybe Nick is really a woman!:eek::guffaw:

Last edited:
Like Nick's supposed love for red-heads we learned about in Stalker, but we've seen him attracted to burnettes (Kristi) and blondes (the one he left with in Built To Kill).

Yeah, that's one thing that drives me crazy. Everyone is always saying he likes redheads because of that one remark. :rolleyes: Some writers (or just fans) seem to take every tiny detail on the show and blow it up into something major.

I think the redhead comment was just mostly Nigel making assumptions based on that one pic he found of Nick's prom date. :lol:

You know fan fic is a funny thing. If you stray too far from the character then you risk being criticized for it, but if you add in details such as a comment from a show then people wonder why it's being blown out of proportion.

For me Nick being depicted as OCD or preferring red heads is a minor issue. I'm more likely to be irked by someone who writes him as absolutely perfect in every sense of the word.

Or him being shipped with a male character, because it's clear he doesn't swing that way, but before you get mad at me let me finish. As far as Im concerned it doesn't matter because it's whatever gets a budding writing to the computer to type up a story. It's all for fun.

So what did we all think of last night short :drool: for Nick. I see we will have to wait until January to see what Grissom has to say to Nick. I don't know if that is good or bad :rolleyes:

I liked for once we got to see Nick in different shirts. And oh those shirts were all nick and skin tight :drool:

Hey All,

As far as Nick being a cop back in Dallas. Years ago, when the show started, it was listed in his bio. When CBS built a new website that info on the bio disappeared. Just an FYI.

Yup, I have to agree with Jacquie, Nick was very :drool: worthy last night.

However, I'm not as optimistic that Grissom will say anything to Nick. He never has, why would he start now?

I mean Grissom always told everyone how he feels about them, except Nick. He's been there for Catherine, Sara, Warrick & Greg, but not Nick. Yes, he said Nick never disappointed him, but did he ever tell Nick that to his face. NO! (ok, it's really the writers). I mean Nick becomes a suspect in Kristy's murder and does Grissom do anything about it. Nope, doesn't even try to clear him, just is disappointed in Nick for doing what he did. Thank goodness Catherine has always been there for Nick. Warrick gets in trouble, again, and is accused of murder too and Grissom jumps at a chance to clear him.

He's at the hospital with Greg and mentions his trial and stuff, but nothing about Nick being buried alive. Nothing!

Maybe in Grissom's mind he didn't have to worry about Nick like he did the rest of them, but still.

And yes, I know Grissom showed he cared in Grave Danger, but now I question just how much he cared for Nick.

Nope, I'm not optimistic, at all, that he will finally say something Nick, like he should. I can see Grissom saying how he felt about everyone else, but not Nick. I could see him telling Nick something like "bye and it was a pleasure working with you" and that's it.

Now, I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but, for now, I don't think I am. Our poor Nicky, always getting the raw end of the deal with Grissom.

I honestly don't blame Grissom for any of that. I think that blame falls solely on the shoulders of the writers who never seem to enjoy writing good stuff for Nick.

I honestly don't blame Grissom for any of that. I think that blame falls solely on the shoulders of the writers who never seem to enjoy writing good stuff for Nick.

I agree with you, and I have to ask what the heck has been going on over there as three actors have left the show while George has loyally stayed on only to get treated like garbage.

Who knows, I can't see George causing problems because the did sign him back for two seasons, there has to be something in it for him.

Well, he didn't exactly tell Catherine anything last night about how he felt about her. I think it's just understood between them. I love their relationship.

They've said that they're not big on goodbyes/making a big scene on the show, as evidenced by the way Grissom left on sabbatical without fanfare, his ear surgery that he didn't want anyone to know about, the way Sara left/came back/left, and even Warrick's death.

So I don't hold out hope for anything more, but I understand that it fits with Grissom's character as well as the tone of the show. Anything else would seem out of place like, for me, Grissom's over the top bloody scenes with a dying Warrick (and I mean the way the scene was written, no fault of his or his acting).

Short and sweet would be nice, like him telling Super Dave that he'll miss him. Just a few words can mean a lot. I do hope we get at least that. :)

Short and sweet would be nice, like him telling Super Dave that he'll miss him. Just a few words can mean a lot. I do hope we get at least that. :)

At this point I think that's all we can hope for. And speaking of that sabbatical - I was thinking about that and I've said before how I hated that Nick gushed all over Grissom in the hallway. Well, I think maybe that fits too - Nick knows Grissom won't initiate any kind of dialogue with him, maybe b/c Grissom is afraid of the emotions that Nick can display without batting an eye, so Nick initiates it instead. That way if Grissom says something, great, but if not - then at least he said his piece. (Or peace? I haven't figured this one out yet).

At this point I think that's all we can hope for. And speaking of that sabbatical - I was thinking about that and I've said before how I hated that Nick gushed all over Grissom in the hallway. Well, I think maybe that fits too - Nick knows Grissom won't initiate any kind of dialogue with him, maybe b/c Grissom is afraid of the emotions that Nick can display without batting an eye, so Nick initiates it instead. That way if Grissom says something, great, but if not - then at least he said his piece. (Or peace? I haven't figured this one out yet).

Maybe Nick will leave gift-wrapped tarantula-a dead one!:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back