George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Fannysmackin' last night. Gotta love him punching K Fed. And this thread title is awesome! He has some Texas charm. I would know, being from Texas. Best state ever. Sorry, I'm ranting....

I have to say that Nick punching K-Fed was my favorite part of Fannysmackin'. I bet he secretly (or maybe not so secretly) enjoyed doing that. I know I would have enjoyed it quite a bit.

Speaking of Texas and Nick. In a weird way, I thought about Nick a bit last weekend when I was on vacation. I was in Branson and at the Dixie Stampede. It's a dinner show with audience participation. It's always the North vs the South. Anyway, the guy next to me was from Texas. He was a little sad to find himself on the Northern side, and I was a little sad he didn't look like Nick. :lol:

As for who I would like better, I don't know all that much about George, but I would definitely have fun hanging out with Nick.

I watched Fannysmackin' last night. Gotta love him punching K Fed. And this thread title is awesome! He has some Texas charm. I would know, being from Texas. Best state ever. Sorry, I'm ranting....

I have to say that Nick punching K-Fed was my favorite part of Fannysmackin'. I bet he secretly (or maybe not so secretly) enjoyed doing that. I know I would have enjoyed it quite a bit.

Speaking of Texas and Nick. In a weird way, I thought about Nick a bit last weekend when I was on vacation. I was in Branson and at the Dixie Stampede. It's a dinner show with audience participation. It's always the North vs the South. Anyway, the guy next to me was from Texas. He was a little sad to find himself on the Northern side, and I was a little sad he didn't look like Nick. :lol:

As for who I would like better, I don't know all that much about George, but I would definitely have fun hanging out with Nick.

Yeah you know I kind of relate more to Nick because I've had my own tragedies (haven't we all?) and so I can of empathize with Nick more.

Plus I know what's its like to be underminded like Nick was by the team for the first few seasons.

Just wanted to pass along that Just A Walk In The Park will be on SOAPnet Nov. 30 at 10PM eastern. So if you have never seen it or just want to laugh at how dorky George looked....check it out.

I'll take both! :drool: Though we, obviously, know more about Nick than George.

However, George himself has said he's not like Nick, though I think part of him is. I know he bases a lot of Nick on his dad.

I think George and Nick are definitely similar in their passion for justice and their strong beliefs about the justice system.

Now, I've heard people say that George really is a jerk, you know, the good looking guy that knows he is. I take that with a grain of salt. He could've been having a bad day, or he really is like that, you knows. I know another picses and he can be a jerk when he wants to, too.

However, I think George is much sweeter than that. He's never come off as a jerk in his interviews, so that's my argument.

Now, why this popped into my head, I'll never know. I've come to the conclusion that Texas is really its own country. I mean we refer to George/Nick, or really anyone from Texas, as a Texan. Like they're from their own country. Imagine if George/Nick was from Illinois. We wouldn't call him The Illinoisian, or the Califorian, or the Pennsylvanian, etc. I just think it's funny that we call people from Texas, Texan, but we don't seem to do that for any other state.

Now you get an idea of what goes through my head when I'm driving to work. :lol:

Now, I've heard people say that George really is a jerk, you know, the good looking guy that knows he is. I take that with a grain of salt. He could've been having a bad day, or he really is like that, you knows. I know another picses and he can be a jerk when he wants to, too.

Yeah, definitely take that with a grain of salt. A lot of people say that about celebrities because they didn't like the way they were treated when maybe they were being rude or intrusive themselves.

People say that about John Mellencamp, and it's true that he's a hard a$$ and I wouldn't want to cross him, but I've seen him in public many times and he was very gracious when people approached him.

As for other celebrities saying that...well, who's to say they aren't the jerks and are just trying to badmouth someone who is more talented than they are. ;)

Now, why this popped into my head, I'll never know. I've come to the conclusion that Texas is really its own country. I mean we refer to George/Nick, or really anyone from Texas, as a Texan. Like they're from their own country. Imagine if George/Nick was from Illinois. We wouldn't call him The Illinoisian, or the Califorian, or the Pennsylvanian, etc. I just think it's funny that we call people from Texas, Texan, but we don't seem to do that for any other state.

Feel free to refer to me as "The Hoosier"! :lol:

Well, Texas was it's own country at one point. And actually I would call someone from New York a New Yorker (I have cousins from there). But Texas was it's own country so that's another reason that we're Texans. Also it's two syllables and easier to add that ending to, but not a huge deal. Oh well, I just thought I'd point it out.

Feel free to refer to me as "The Hoosier"! :lol:

Ok Hoosier :guffaw::guffaw:

I can't image George being a jerk. Some people think that celebrities should be at the beck and call of the public at all times and they can't be. They have good days and bad days like the rest of us. George is entitled to his private life and to not be at his best all the time. I would love to me George just so I could tell him job well done and don't give up on who you are.

I hope this makes sense. It's been a long day :)

Well, Texas was it's own country at one point. And actually I would call someone from New York a New Yorker (I have cousins from there). But Texas was it's own country so that's another reason that we're Texans. Also it's two syllables and easier to add that ending to, but not a huge deal. Oh well, I just thought I'd point it out.

Thank you for the explanation on Texans :)

People really should give these guys a break. As an actor myself, I can speak from personal experience. It may not seem like it, but it's a difficult job. You may have a call at 4 am or be on the set for 18-20 hours before you finish. It's also hard because people do feel that you are public property.

I suspect he is as kind as he is treated by others. Human nature you know...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

I hadn't heard that, but you never know. Someone probably did catch him on a bad day. I would hate for someone to judge me based on meeting me when I was having a bad day.

Now you get an idea of what goes through my head when I'm driving to work.

I thought I was the only one whose mind wandered in really weird directions while I was driving or working. I hadn't really thought about it before but you're right. :lol:

Like I said, I don't really thing George is a jerk and I can tell that by the way he comes across in his interviews. He seems so genuine.

But, I can also believe that he can be a jerk, because, after all, we all can be one. And we usually are because we're having a bad day or someone is irritating us.

I also know that people do think celebrities are their personal property and that any celeb should just drop what they're doing so this person can talk with them. Then when the celeb doesn't want to, they're a jerk.

And since he is a celeb, I think it would be a safe assumption that the only way to really know how George is to be part of his inner circle. You know, only the people he really trusts, because let's face it, being a celebrity teaches you that you can't trust everyone.

;)SSG, you are exactly right. The only way to truly know George would be to be a part of his trusted inner circle. He probably only lets his guard down with a blessed few people. It's sad, and one reason I don't work in the business much anymore. I always hated the thought that people would want to be around me only because of what I did for a living and the awful fact that people will sell you out if given half a chance...:rolleyes:

Could someone clarify something for me... I'm watching Still Life, and I swear that Nick got a hair cut between the beginning and the end of the episode. Am I crazy??:shifty:

Last edited:
There was a story I read in TV GUIDE where George was telling the interviewer he was sitting in a restaurant when he caught someone staring at him while he was eating and blurted out. "What are you looking at!!!" and the guy got all nervous and said. "I just like the show and all.."

So he admits that he can be a jerk..and that it depends on the day..he also said he hates morning and is downright grumpy.

My friend laughed when I told her the restaurant and she said. "You do the same thing when you think someone is staring at you, George has an excuse, he's an actor on a popular tv show, what's yours."

My excuse is that I hate being stared at. It creeps me out. And maybe that's why George hates it because it probably makes him nervous.

In an inteview with Craig Ferguson, he told the story of how a jealous boyfriend shoved a salad into his face because the guy's girlfriend was all googly eyed over George.

Maybe George has anxiety issues (which explains the bad auditions);

Maybe he has mood swungs.

Maybe he's gone into his little happy place with his invisible friends and wants to stay there for a while.

Maybe he drank too much caffiene and is irritable.

Maybe George is having bad gas and doesn't want ANYONE AROUND HIM AT THE MOMENT..

And if he was a jerk recently, maybe he just got off the phone with his stock broker and the news was baaaaad...

Could someone clarify something for me... I'm watching Still Life, and I swear that Nick got a hair cut between the beginning and the end of the episode. Am I crazy??:shifty:

I think it was just styled a little differently. I think that was when he started growing his hair out.

I'm watching Stalker on Spike. I love a good Nick-Centered episode. It is another of my favorite CSI episodes. Nick was so cute in this one.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back