George/Nick:Texan Charm #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that PSA that George did is from a few years back. It's not recent. You can tell by looking at him and I've seen that PSA on Youtube before.

I'm actually shocked that CBS aired it, but happy they did.

I originally posted this in a different thread but in lieu of recent posts here regarding George's childhood, I think it's very appropriate.

In regards to all the comments about Nick's lack of emotion:

While I love Emo!Nick - the man can cry with the best of them - I adored the fiercely determined and frosty laser-like focus that Avenging!Nick was giving us in For Warrick.

I think this continued lack of emotion we're seeing is a defense mechanism on his part. He's suffered a great deal of trauma over the years and losing his best friend in such a sudden and violent way is the straw that broke the camel's back. I can see Nick kind of shutting his emotions down at this point and just focusing on the job.

Plus, I think George has a very clear idea of who Nick is and how he wants the character to be viewed. And having Nick mooning around all teary eyed about the death of his best friend may not be quite the manly Texan image he wants. Let's not forget that he was the one who cut short the post traumatic stress that Nick was supposed to suffer post-Grave Danger.

Also, let's just imagine what life would've been like in the Stokes household for Young Nick. I'm betting that Judge Stokes was a tough dad of the "suck it up, shake it off, get back on that horse" variety. I can totally see Nick going the repression/anger route, trying to soldier on, rather than the mournful route.

I'm curious to see if he'll be able to keep a tight lid on all that emotion and if we will get to see that internal struggle played out in future episodes. One can only hope.

I think a lot of who Nick is comes from George's own background. If his own father was a tough love kind of guy who makes "why didn't you shoot him?" comments, it makes sense that his pretend father (Judge Stokes) might be the same way. This is why I don't think we'll see much in the way of an emotional breakdown from Nick.

One of the interesting facts that has surfaced about George's family is his dad is a former Marine. That could certainly explain the 'why didn't you shoot him' attitude that Dad had at the time.

One of the interesting facts that has surfaced about George's family is his dad is a former Marine. That could certainly explain the 'why didn't you shoot him' attitude that Dad had at the time.

Yeah, but still I don't think it was an appropriate response to a child after such a frightening ordeal and George was a child when this happened.

So while yeah his dad was a marine, he still should never had said that to George because it obviously still bothers him when he's talking about it 27 years later.:(

But parents screw up and say stupid things to their kids. They are only human. Maybe his father did apoligize to him later about it and maybe not.

George needs us Ward girls to comfort him and tell him we think he's cool:devil:

George needs us Ward girls to comfort him and tell him we think he's cool:devil:

*Raises hand*

I'm volunteering for that job. Can we slipt everyone into shifts?

Me first! And I'll play Dr. Phil to George first..then comfort him..:devil:

One thing we have to remember about parenting skills. Times change in 27 plus years. What may be acceptable then may not acceptable today. Heck when we grew up baby car seats didn't exist. Nor did we have to wear seat belts. I always get the impression that George was upset with the whole affair and not just his dad yelling at him. If you watch his face you can almost see him reliving the almost break in by the Hell's Angels.

Now on to last night's show. George I don't think the sleeves on your shirt were tight or short enough :) That shirt showed off his tan nicely :)

I loved his chat with the Reno cop. Very friendly but the parting shot about him being in trouble was almost like a second thought :) blackflag should get some good rear end caps there :D

The interrogation of the suspect with Brass was :guffaw:I loved how Brass got the last line but you could see Nick wanting to laugh when the guy said the James Bond bit :guffaw:

Jacquie, :bolian: I'm sure gonna get those. :angel:

His "understood" to Grissom was really sorta - monotone. I don't think it will stop him in the future. I think he really chased the guy because he was sick of processing liqueur store robberies. It would have been nice if Brass had said something to him, though.

I love the scene between Nicky and Brass in the lab when Brass asks for the ALS. Nick was probably thinking 'it's been a long time since he was in the lab does he remember how to?'. :guffaw:

Interesting jumpsuit he wore in the dumpster. I'm guessing it was a little stronger material than the usual one so all that glass wouldn't cut that georgous body. :shifty:

We're gonna have 5 new episodes without a rerun. When'd they last do that? :lol:

Susan

We're gonna have 5 new episodes without a rerun. When'd they last do that? :lol:

Susan

Yes Brass using the ALS was good :)

Now in the interest of all things Nick :) I did a little research on the beginnings of the seasons

season 1-8 new episodes
season 2-9
season 3-4
season 4-3
season 5-1
season 6-5
season 7-6
season 8-4
season 9-5 next week and counting :)

This was a great Nick episode!

'Understood', yeah, I was thinking the same thing. That was him saying 'yeah yeah, I hear ya, but that won't stop me next time.'

I love Nick and Brass together, they can be so funny. I loved the scene with the ALS too. See Brass knew something that Nick wouldn't look for, pen marks.

This was a great Open Nick episode. The whole time watching this episode I was thinking, that will make a good cap, yup so will that, that will definitely make a great cap. I'm never going to watch new episodes of CSI the same way again. :lol:

And we better get 5 new episodes without a rerun considering we had to wait 2 weeks for the premiere. However, they said since the season started a little later we would get fewer reruns this season. Now considering that next week starts sweeps month, we shouldn't get a rerun until December. :bolian: But I do live in the real world and know that won't happen. :rolleyes:

Entertainment Weekly seem to be fans of Nick running and of Nick and Brass working together. :thumbsup:

I have to admit I was expecting this week to be a rerun. :lol:

Speedy yes, much of this episode was good for capping. I to sit there saying 'oh, I have to get a cap of that'. I ended up with 96 caps. :D

For anyone who reads this I'll anounce the winner over in the picture thread once I get the little monster home from the bus. ;)

Susan

Entertainment Weekly seem to be fans of Nick running and of Nick and Brass working together. :thumbsup:

Speedy yes, much of this episode was good for capping. I to sit there saying 'oh, I have to get a cap of that'. I ended up with 96 caps. :D

For anyone who reads this I'll anounce the winner over in the picture thread once I get the little monster home from the bus. ;)

Susan

Thanks Blackflag. I particularly like this part (bolding and italicizing mine):

Throw in George Eads playing an impromptu action star (look at that smokin' hot CSI running through that dark building!)

Yup, my sentiments exactly! :drool:

Susan

Thanks Blackflag. I particularly like this part (bolding and italicizing mine):

Throw in George Eads playing an impromptu action star (look at that smokin' hot CSI running through that dark building!)

Yup, my sentiments exactly! :drool:

Hmm...he can run through my vet clinic any day..although I might grab a leash and catch him and throw him in a dog pen...

I know I am sick...puppy!! buwhahahahaahh!:guffaw: I's made a funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back