George/Nick: Texan Charm #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but unfortunately it is illegal for me to simply conduct such a search without you being involved in illegal activity! (you're not, are you? ;) ) And I'm not sure my jusridiction goes to Canada!

Oh, well...I'll have to settle for whatever the hubby makes for dinner that night, or whatever I can eat while sitting behind the steering wheel! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Sorry I didn't express my gratitude earlier - why do children's ear infections always show up at 1am on a weekend? Oh well...

As for George's birthday, in my (limited) experience guys aren't as into 'things' for presents. I think Jacquie has it right when she says she'd let him do whatever he wants - maybe I would keep the world at bay so he could sleep as late as he wanted. Then maybe a walk/hike with Maverick, a motorcycle ride. Then in the evening he's all mine!

I have a question - what about his acting has impressed you the most lately? For me it's when his face twitched right below his eye when Catherine told him to back off. How did he do that?! My mother was telling me what an awesome job Forest Whitaker did in his role he's nominated for and as an example why she thinks he should win she described a scene when he made his face twitch. I thought "Hey, George can do that! He should win something!

Jacquie said:
We all now that George's birthday is on Thursday. What would you do for him on his birthday :)? Remember pg 13 :D And what would you get him as a present? besides handcuffs :lol:

Well, first, I have to say that I'm glad you threw in the PG13 reminder...
For his PG-13 rated present, I going to go with some nice Dallas Cowboys stuff (maybe a jacket or jersey and definitely a ball cap!). Sure the football season is over, but your average Cowboys fan is a mega-fan all year round ;)

SparkyGirl sais
Then a quiet night talking under the stars and of course a gift. Not too sure what I'd get him. I would have to put some thought into it! I have this gag gift streak in me. Therapy...need therapy!
:lol: you are soo funny really, the quiet talking i think it´s not possible, when you give him a gag gift, George is so often jolly and to concentrating of talking and romance, after your gift ... nop :lol: Btw. get well soon from me
and smacks back with a GE pillow ;)

Jacquie said:
McStokes I'm sure there are plenty of us out there that would like to do something :devil: for GE's birthday and I sure Destiny is one of them :lol: Though she may not want to admit it.
Not necessairly true, I would wish him a Happy Birthday just not the way your gutter minds think :lol: , I meant walk up say "Happy Birthday" and then keep walking. :)

oooh Jacquie wanna make me dinner too? :p

i think i would jump out of a cake for georges brithday. hed either really really like it or be scared to death :lol: im leaning more towards the scared to death part... so maybe not. cant deprive all the ladies of the world of the hottness that is george! ;)

Sorry girls for breaking the topic, but I was just watching One Hit Wonder from season 3. There's a scene when Nick talks to Sara: "She's been through a lot. You know how some victims are. They don't really want to know what happened. You know?" Awwww. I had to think about this whole shit which had happened to him. Together with the selective amnesia statement from last week, it is really clear that he is more a kind of a represser, don't you think?

I think most men are...lord knows my husband holds things in and it's like one massive challenge to find out "what's bothering him now!"

I was just amazed that the writers had that line in there...it was pretty close to continuity! Though someone in another thread mentioned that the line was originally supposed to be Brass'

Yes, McStokes, most men are really "classic". Don't show any emotions, it's unmanly. That's why we like the character of Nick so much, don't we? He doesn't bother to shed a tear.

I think Nick always has been a repressor. It goes back to his childhood. Catherine is the only one who knows about the molestation and she had to drag it out of him. Every once in a while he blows, Boom, Gumdrops, and Fannysmackin (to name 3), but I don't think the others have figured out why.

Susan

I can't imagine what it's like to grow up in a household with a judge for a father and a lawyer for a mother! Geez...talk about not being able to talk your way out of/get away with anything! Plus having that many siblings? That's just too many people to tell on you when you do something wrong! :lol:

Course, it could be like most families I know where say, one parent is a leading psychologist and their child is a complete mental case! (No, I am not using my family as an example! :lol: )

I know with my husband it takes awhile to drag what's bothering out of him but once he gets it off his chest he does seem better :) I remember when Sarah Goldfinger and Richard Lewis were doing the commentary on Gum Drops they commented that they had to get George to tone down on the water works. Is he a naturally emotional man or is it just acting. He does it so well. When we are talking about Nick and his family it can't be easy being the youngest of 7 children. At some point in time you need to let it all out.

I don't think the selective amnesia line would have had the same effect if it had come from Brass. We know Brass has had some difficult times but Nick just made it sound so much better.

McStokes don't forget that George's dad is a retired DA. That couldn't have been easy on him growing up. He turned out all right :)

Destiny said:
Jacquie said:
McStokes I'm sure there are plenty of us out there that would like to do something :devil: for GE's birthday and I sure Destiny is one of them :lol: Though she may not want to admit it.
Not necessairly true, I would wish him a Happy Birthday just not the way your gutter minds think :lol: , I meant walk up say "Happy Birthday" and then keep walking. :)

I'd do more then that. I'd say, "Lordy Lordy! George you are now 40!!! Buwahahahahaha.."

Then I'd tell him he looks better now then when he was in his twenties..he's come into his own!!

Oh...believe me, I know what it's like to have a dad who is kinda well known or...well, I hesitate to use the word "powerful" cuz that's not it at all. I think I turned out ok! We all just have so much fun when we end up dealing with a kid whose parent is a DA, judge, fellow officer...usually it's not a serious matter. There have been times when some hairy issues have come up involving high profile people here, and it's gotten ugly.

Speaking of getting ugly...I was visiting the thread about "Fallen Idols," and was once again reminded of how much I love this thread and all my fellow posters here! We are such a fun, caring group! :D

oh course you love us *hits you with fluffy, feathery pillow*
even if i have been m.i.a, im always hovering. there is only love here, unless george wears a head to toe bronze suit... then i cant be held responsible for my actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back