George/Nick: Texan Charm #12

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

That is a good way of looking at it Crumbs. I enjoyed seeing it from Nick's point of view too, so in spite of everything kind of dumping on him, I'm glad they chose his character to handle it. His shoulder's are certainly broad enough :devil:

I liked how calm Nick stayed while Cath was yelling at him. As she continued getting louder and louder, he maintained really well I thought. He did raise his voice a little toward the end, but he never yelled. When D.B. was on the phone, it was a little hard to follow the yelling match word for word :lol:

D.B. diffused the argument perfectly I thought, it was a great ending :lol:
    Can't wait for next week already!

ETA: For those if you with the dvd's, which of these following seasons have the best special features for a Nick fan?
    4, 6,7,8 & 9? Those are my choices locally. My fave season to watch is 7 but 4 seems to maybe have the coolest features. Help appreciated from you ladies!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  2. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Did anyone find pictures of George at the Suzanne whang fundraiser last night?

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Ladybronco, if you take out seasons 6 & 7 because I don't own them, season 9 does have commentary for Turn, Turn, Turn and while I don't believe there were any outright mentions of his (bad) back in it they do mention Greg wasn't originally going to be the one going into the attic and there's also our favorite line of George's where he says "Nick Stokes doesn't use umbrella's" when they tried to hand him one. :lol:

Sookie, I've tried the Suzanne Whang website but there doesn't seem to be anything out there - at least not yet. However I now know where I heard her name before. She did House Hunters on HGTV. :alienblush:

on to Tell-Tale Hearts...

Nicky! :drool: Black short-sleeve open Nick! :drool: And unless my eyes are deceiving me he was actually wearing khaki pants - not those khaki colored jeans he usually wears. :drool: (I've got to check that this afternoon on the other computer but they didn't look like jeans to me. ;) And that comes from someone who wears jeans every day! :lol:)

His face was great when Morgan came driving up. :guffaw: I swear he thought she was going to run him over.

I am so glad that they put the Nick/Hodges 'friendship' back to the way it used to be. The last couple of years they were too buddy-buddy it seemed like they were trying to get Hodges & Greg to be like Warrick and while it's alright (to some extent) with Greg I just prefer Hodges getting on Nick's nerves. :)

All-in-all not enough Nick. They kept having scenes with the others and I was wondering where he was. :confused:

Susan

4. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I haven't been able to find pictures of George at that Susanne Whang event either.

I think in the Turn, Turn, Turn commentary he mentioned something about trying to not to limp (because of his back).

Yep, he was wearing Khaki pants - no jeans last night.

There wasn't enough Nick in last night's episode for me either. But I did enjoy the Nick moments we did get. I enjoyed his scene with Morgan and the banter between Nick and Hodges.

And I love the face he made when DB wanted them all to come into the girl's bedroom to discuss the case so far.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I didn't mind the amount of screen time. I know there will be episodes that are heavy on one character or the other, so I'm sure his time will come this season. :)

My favorite part, believe it or not, was Hodges telling him that he would "never be running grave" and the way it rolled off Nick's back. I love the way things don't seem to bother him much,...he just takes it all in stride. :)

And I think I'm going to start taking bets on which shots you other ladies are going to use for new avatars, 'cause I sure saw a few last night! :lol: Might even make one myself. :)

6. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Since last week's episode didn't really tell us if Nick was demoted as well, can we assume, based on Hodge's comment, that he was?

7. Smokey

I'd say he must have been, otherwise DB and Catherine wouldn't be the two left with offices. But again, he seemed to take it in stride, which I like. Continuity from "Eleven Angry Jurors" when he said he didn't care about the promotion. :)

8. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I noted a few good ones while watching last night, but of course, I've probably forgotten them all by now.. I'm still not finished capping last week though, so you can put money on mine not changing for a while. :alienblush:

I liked the Nick/Hodges scene last night. They've got a great 'relationship' - not buddy-buddy, but they seem to be able to exchange those snippy comments without taking each other too seriously either.

I was okay with the screentime last night. Not as much of Nick as we've gotten used to having to drool over, but the scenes he did have were good. It was fairly well-balanced too, with everyone having a good part in the case. I don't like cases/episodes where one (or more) characters just seems to be there to a lab rat's job for one scene, just so they're in the episode.

Even if Nick hadn't been demoted, Catherine could still be above him in rank (she could be 'assistant supervisor' too, with more seniority than him). But either way, given his comments in season 4 and last night, I don't think rank really matters to him anyway. Even when he was promoted, he was pleased to be recognized, more than caring about the rank/title - and he pretty quickly figured out that Catherine just wanted him to help with paperwork anyway. :lol:

9. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

yup he did make mention of not trying to limp.

I loved Nick rolling his eyes at DB's comment about a family meeting :guffaw: :rolleyes: Nick is still not to sure on DB :lol:

I will try and cap the show this afternoon but I was more concerned with staying awake last night than looking for a new avatar. I should be wide awake when I cap it later :)

10. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Thanks for the commentary info ladies!
    I was back there day before yesterday and they were down to Seasons 4 & 8. The rest were sold in the interim. I had actually been considering S7, because it is one of my favorites, and 9 because of TTT, but apparently other people thought so too. :lol:

I really liked the ep last night, agreed, not quite as much Nick, but his parts were very worthwhile! Going to watch again at lunch time with the hubby to see if I missed anything good the first time round :devil:

I'm afraid that I like jeans better than those looser khaki pants :( But I guess you have to change things up every now and then. His hair was shorter on the sides too, but it looked better to me than I thought it would :shifty:

Nick and Hodges, and the hand gestures :guffaw:

Loved Morgan driving down the hillside, it's something I would totally do too. I drive an Expedition, and have taken it into some places I wouldn't take a car when things have been in my way :lol:

The family meeting totally cracked me up, especially Greg's "hand retraction". I'm sure they thought they were in school.

When Nick, D.B., and Ecklie were with Brass in his office, I was glad to see that it wasn't because Nick was in trouble. I considered it more of a pow-wow of the men in charge. I also liked how D.B. looked to Nick with a smile just before Nick said "Find the train" (paraphrasing, in case I can't remember the correct wording). Nick was apparently keeping up with the conversation, because I was lost, I've never seen that movie :lol:

I, too was a little surprised at Catherine when she turned the air down before having the guy undress, but she and Brass were totally on the same page with each other. There was nobody playing "good cop" in that room :lol:

Still liking D.B. and Morgan a lot!! I think it was good to have a single case as a follow up episode to balance how "busy" the premier was.

I'm sure I'll think of more observations on a second viewing :devil:

11. Smokey

I was schooled on it by Grissom in "A Night at the Movies". :) But what I liked about him deferring to Nick for the answer was that it reminded me of the old days when Grissom would teach the team by looking to them for the answer. :)

Good point! It's like they did the total opposite of playing good cop. There has to be a middle ground tho. I didn't like how they did that, and I liked seeing Ecklie take notice of it later.

12. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I just watched it again.......and............
    it was Brass who turned down the temp, not Catherine :guffaw:
    I was wrong!!! :p:lol:

Brass did both, the temp and the window shades. See, that's why I have to watch more than once. So much detail goes by when you watch for the first time, it needs multiple viewings :devil:

ETA:
    I enjoyed seeing more of Ecklie too, I liked him a lot in this episode. I totally chuckled at the scene at the house between Eck, Nick and Morgan, with Nick being the little instigator :lol:

And I liked the scene in Brass' office even more upon a 2nd viewing. They all seem really comfortable with each other, and the funny looks they gave to each other over D.B.'s summary was priceless.

I haven't watched A Night at the Movies in awhile, so I didn't remember those references, might have to see that one again soon. I noticed Spike started over with the Pilot again today.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  13. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I caught Ecklie doing the temp the first time but I missed Brass doing it the first go through.

And the khaki pants :drool: :devil:

14. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

:lol: I was rather disappointed with them last night, but I did appreciate them a bit more when I watched again. :devil:
    I'm ready for the jeans again though! :adore:

15. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Those khaki pants sure did give us some nice butt shots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.