George/Nick:Texan Charm #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it has been awhile since I have hid under Destiny's desk with post it notes, duct tape and whatever bad thing I could find....okay...George was there too!!! :lol:

Real life stepped in and I got lost with out a map. You mean those red, blue and black lines point me in a direction?! Wow!!!

Now I'm playing catch up and lurking. Who knew Las Vegas and New York could be so fun??!!

SparkyGirl welcome back to the wonderful world of Nick :) It certainly has been awhile since you last graced the place. I hope life is such that you're able to pop in every once in awhile again :) I hoped you found all your supplies under Destiny desk :lol: and please ignore the dust bunnies :lol:

Yes Jacquie!!! I found stuff that amazed me!! Dust bunnies....they are my friends!!!

I promise to take it easy on George. Back surgery is not even close to being fun! But the painkillers are good!!! I'm sure he will be well taken care of! Whose turn is it anyway?!?!?! :lol:

I will be trying to pop in more often. I missed the educational conversations. :guffaw:

Long time no see SparkyGirl. You can have all the dust bunnies under there that you want. I'm lible to start sneezing at them. :lol:

CBS has what they consider the 10 best scenes of the season up for us to vote on. The only Nick one there is him saying goodbye to Grissom. From the list of what they consider the 10 best of this season I'm not sure we got much of a chance of him getting his name submitted for an Emmy nod for Turn, Turn, Turn like it should be. They seem to think the 10 best scenes in CSI this season were either Langston or Grissom centered. Personally I liked the ending of Turn, Turn, Turn better than Nicks goodbye to Grissom in 1 To Go. (Heck I even like the intensity of Nick going up against the Undersheriff in For Warrick better. :shifty:) I did vote for Nick's goodbye to Grissom simply because I couldn't vote for any of the others. :lol:

Susan

ETA: Here's the list. #8 & #10 are the only ones I can see that have nothing to do with Langson or Grissom.
1. The Death of Warrick
2. Grissom's Eulogy of Warrick
3. Bang Bang (says LLS joins the cast -they didn't even get the right ep)
4. The Faces of Evil (meet Langston)
5. Job Offer to Langston
6. Stokes says Goodbye
7. Grissom Ends up with Sara
8. Snooping Mom (from Turn, Turn, Turn)
9. Masked Killer
10. Sick of Rocks (Wendy & Hodges from A Space Oddity)

Last edited:
Long time no see SparkyGirl. You can have all the dust bunnies under there that you want. I'm lible to start sneezing at them. :lol:

CBS has what they consider the 10 best scenes of the season up for us to vote on. The only Nick one there is him saying goodbye to Grissom. From the list of what they consider the 10 best of this season I'm not sure we got much of a chance of him getting his name submitted for an Emmy nod for Turn, Turn, Turn like it should be. They seem to think the 10 best scenes in CSI this season were either Langston or Grissom centered. Personally I liked the ending of Turn, Turn, Turn better than Nicks goodbye to Grissom in 1 To Go. (Heck I even like the intensity of Nick going up against the Undersheriff in For Warrick better. :shifty:) I did vote for Nick's goodbye to Grissom simply because I couldn't vote for any of the others. :lol:

Susan

Thanks for the info blackflag :) Yeah it's really sad that they haven't nominated George's great Turn, Turn, Turn scene :( It was really better then the one when he says goodbye to Grissom... my personal favourite was the scene with McKeen in For Warrick. His facial expression was so amaizing there and he presented the emotions so well there :D
But for sure they were focusing on scenes with Langston and Grissom, it's really nothing new... :shifty:

Well, that's a bunch of bunk! Thinking back on this season, there are a lot of great scenes that aren't just someone saying goodbye or coming in new or whatever, and I don't just mean Nick. What about Brass? He's had several good ones.

Let's come up with our own list! :p

Well, that's a bunch of bunk! Thinking back on this season, there are a lot of great scenes that aren't just someone saying goodbye or coming in new or whatever, and I don't just mean Nick. What about Brass? He's had several good ones.

Let's come up with our own list! :p

You see this is why I won't join any Official CSI fandoms because they are all about Grissom, Sara, Langston. My favourite character, I've concluded, is a niche market all to himself. So I won't participate in anything that is official CSI because as usual, George is the forgotten one.

I expected the first 2 on that list to be there. Saw an interview with Neran Shankar and two other (for the life of me I can't remember who :alienblush:) on TV Guide channel where all 3 expressed that they were disappointed that BP hadn't won an Emmy for Grissom yet. I just wish that they had picked a better scene for Nick. There were others (in Turn, Turn, Turn and For Warrick) that showed what George Eads could do so much better. Oh well. At least it's only CBS' choice of the 10 best scenes.

How many of you knew that George Eads was the last person cast? Or that Nick has a doctorate? I remember hearing somewhere that he was the last cast but I didn't know Nicky had a doctorate. Knew he had some sort of degree but I didn't know it went that high. Just found this little out take from the season 1 blu ray where they mention this and that Nick in the early days just wanted to please both Grissom and Catherine. I think from the shirt he's wearing the interview was done during A La Cart last year.

Susan

How many of you knew that George Eads was the last person cast? Or that Nick has a doctorate? I remember hearing somewhere that he was the last cast but I didn't know Nicky had a doctorate. Knew he had some sort of degree but I didn't know it went that high. Just found this little out take from the season 1 blu ray where they mention this and that Nick in the early days just wanted to please both Grissom and Catherine. I think from the shirt he's wearing the interview was done during A La Cart last year.
No, CSI can't be bothered to develop Nick. They're too busy with Grissom or Langston.

Interesting video though.

Last edited:

Susan

Yeah I heard too that George Eads was the last person cast. They just couldn't find the right guy for the role and ended up with making the chracter of Nick Stokes perfect for George. The thing with the doctorate is new for me... well if Nick has one, why bringing in Langston, huh??? :wtf:

I'll never get why they they simply have no faith in their very talented actors... that's beyond my imagination... really :scream:

Thanks for the link blackflag.

George brings so much of himself into the character (Nick). Both are extremely
intelligent, passionate and compassionate and very outspoken ( as in speaking exactly how he feels/what he feels). Some actors just pretend to be a character but George Eads really is Nick Stokes. Does this make any sense?
I believe that George deserves an award not just for one specific show but for all of them. He has made that character come alive.

Teehee! How adorable! Anthony Zuiker saying that George was really humble and saying, "just lookin' for a job!"

Thanks Blackflag.

Now if Nick has his doctorate why isn't he called Dr. Stokes? Wouldn't you be if you had a doctorate?

I knew he was the last one cast. I believe he had to start shooting within hours of being hiring too and be released from his contract on Grapevine.

As for an Emmy, George won't be nominated, though he should be. He shows so much emotion just through his face, but tptb our way too focused on getting Petersen and Fishburne and Emmy, that George will fall to the wayside. You know, like what always happens to him.

Thanks Blackflag.

Now if Nick has his doctorate why isn't he called Dr. Stokes? Wouldn't you be if you had a doctorate?

I knew he was the last one cast. I believe he had to start shooting within hours of being hiring too and be released from his contract on Grapevine.

As for an Emmy, George won't be nominated, though he should be. He shows so much emotion just through his face, but tptb our way too focused on getting Petersen and Fishburne and Emmy, that George will fall to the wayside. You know, like what always happens to him.

Man if I had the cash, I'd buy some of the rights to that show and create a TV show just for Nick Stokes. Then I would probably partner up with an independant channel just so we could get some..:evil:

If I had a doctorate I'd make you all call me Dr.bookgirl :D
But Nick's just much more humble. I wouldn't peg him as one who cares so much about the title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back