George/Nick:Texan Charm #10

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

They have been known to show the episodes out of sequence from when they were filmed but I don't think last night's episode was filmed around the time of Billy's Walk of Fame day. George's face doesn't look right when you compare the two events. That being said George may have liked the shirt and decided to wear it for last night's show.

Nick certainly looked uncomfortable with the bartender after he said that line about the makeup. Nick has always been considerate of other people so it just seemed unNick like. That being said we all know George likes to tweak with his lines so maybe it was something he wanted in as a way to make a statement with whats going on with the problems in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I did like his comments to Hodges and Wendy at the beginning as he was trying to process the scene :lol: 'Why don't you two beam yourselves back to the lab' :guffaw:

2. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I noticed the same thing about the t-shirt. They must have been filming that day.

And, last night he was still looking a little bloated, is he packing on the pounds? Or is it from those epidural shots?

As for the buzz, I'll have to see the episode to determine if I like it again.

3. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Yeah Nicky was acting quiet strange yesterday... but you're right he's just human and maybe he just isn't in that science-fiction stuff... I can't blame him, I'm also not that into it... :)

That shirt was the same, I saw that too... maybe they did it like myfuturecsi said just because they needed to finish as many episodes as possible and mixed them some up in the progress. That's how they do it with the movies, so why not also in a tv show???

4. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

If he's taking anti-inflammatory drugs for his disc problem, they may be steroid based which will give the bloated appearance. They don't help by creating an increased appetite as well.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I wouldn't say he was exactly cranky last night. I think it was supposed to be funny...him getting annoyed by the geeky Questers. :lol:

Yeah, he stepped in it when he made that remark to the bartender, but at least it was unintentional. It reminded me of the early days when they would have him say something like that on purpose and have Grissom correct him. :rolleyes:

I would say the shows are definitely out of order, considering that last week he was obviously looking more haggard than the week before or this week. I refuse to say anything referring to size. :) He's fine no matter what, and I hope it's from the meds and they're helping.

And I love, love, love the backwards hat and the orange goggles look!! :adore: Yay for having that back!

6. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Totally agree with you on that one. That scene with the bartender was really like something which he would have done in his early years... but at least it shows that he's still our Nicky :)

That backwards hat look is always cute. He looks always like a little boy then :adore: Great that he still wears it :D

7. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Well George has said that he doesn't like Nick to be "cool" all the time. He likes to see Nick sort of fall on his face because it makes him human.

I noticed his shirt too. He looked more lively last night than last week....so maybe they are filming and airing things out of order.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yep, I was once given a 7day supply of steroids for a rash one time (a long time ago) and it made me so hungry. Normally I'd be full on one serving, but I had to eat at least three servings to get full. I have never taking anything like that again and I tell doctors up front not to give me anything like that.

George still looks great no matter what though. I honestly don't even notice him looking bigger or anything. I just think he's gorgeous regardless. :)

I think Nicky was probably just tired last night. Maybe he'd worked a double or something. Probably should have had some coffee before work. :lol:

What exactly did he say to the bartendar? I couldn't understand what was said for some reason.

9. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I don't remember the exact words but it was something about how even the bar staff were getting in the mood by dressing up. The bartender then took off the 'top half' of his disguise and explained about his face.

10. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I know I must have asked this question once before and I do apologize, has George done any other episode commentaries for CSI? I know he did Snakes and Poppin Tags but I could have sworn he also did Random Acts of Violence from Season 3.

I'll be sure to write the answer down this time.

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I've only got seasons 1, 2, 3 & 5 and the only one he's listed on is Snakes. Random Acts of Violence is listed with Danny Cannon and Neran Shankar.

Susan

12. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Thanks Susan. I don't know why I thought he did one in Season 3. I hope he does one for Turn Turn Turn from this season.

13. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Yeah. His exact words are:

Nick: There's nothing worse then a bunch of drunk conventioners. Must be hard enough to sling drinks without making you play dress up. *chuckles*

14. KFK

KFK Witness

Hey All,

Loved tonight episode, it was like the old days, every character involved (I swear no spoilers, other than, good episode watch it when you get a chance, or when it's available in your area.)

Was it just me, or could you actually feel George Eads' (Nick's) pain tonight...his back problems. The wear and pain was etched on his face. :(

My brother had 2 herniated disc, a few years back, put off surgery for awhile, but the wear and tear took their toll. He opted for surgery, had his disc fused, and has been fine and healthy since. Before surgery, he was miserable, and I remember him looking much the same...in pain, tired, and worn out.:(

All I can say is...Best wishes, I hope he finds relief from his pain soon and speedy recovery.

Take Care...

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

White open Nick, vest, sunnies, buzz - need I say more??? :drool::drool::drool:

I didn't notice when I watched the opening scenes online yesterday but when I watched on TV - he tripped lightly. Right in the beginning when he was following Catherine and Ray out into the alley. He was barely on camera (it was like they were trying to let him come at his own speed but keep an eye on him at the same time). He just didn't get his left foot picked up high enough to get over the foundation. (I constantly trip over things when I'm not sleeping enough - which is really constantly! :p)

He is a good sounding board for working through case related material in an orderly fashion. I love the fact that he's not afraid to go back and redo when something doesn't seem right about the outcome to him (IE the fingerprints on the hammer).

How did Nick get to do the processing of the hammer when it was Catherine and Ray who found it.

From the way his face looked in the lab (out of the sun and with the sunnies off) they deffinately filmed A Space Oddity out of order. He was looking just as tired and 'bad' (for lack of a better word coming to mind)as he did in The Decent of Man. I feel sorry for him but I commend him for thinking of his job, and us first.

Susan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.