Gary #7; Baby, You can be my Breakfast

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MarineGirl#1, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I can not even begin to describe how excited I am that the two of you like True West and Austin!!!!!! although, how anyone couldn't I don't know...! ;) But beyond the superficial fact that Gary is pure genius as Austin, I love the play itself, and have gone on at great lengths with actual literary and interpretive analysis of it.

And yes, that is my youtube channel where I uploaded it. The problem is, PBS filmed it for broadcast back in 1984 (so even earlier....), so the only other way to get it is to track down an ancient VHS... hence the quality problem for the copy that I have. Though considering how next to impossible it is to find, I'm not complaining. AND I have just the audio ripped and in mp3 format, so I can listen to Austin (and Lee...) anytime I want :D It truly is epic, and a brilliant demonstration of Gary's true acting ability, and why I'm of the firm opinion he needs to get out of "mainstream" and return to at least quality film material (such as OMAM) and most preferably the stage. As much as I love Mac, he is rarely given the opportunity to really act in that role.... at least, to the level that he is clearly capable and genius at!

And oh, those awful awful glasses!!!! I was so happy they miraculously disappeared once he got drunk :lol: And speaking of, yes, he acts drunk better than almost anyone else I've seen! (although the word is, when he and Malkovich were performing it in NYC back in '82-'84, they had real liquor in the play... which given what he's mentioned about those earlier years, I can actually very easily believe :D ) Have you seen him in 'That Championship Season' as Tom? Tom is an alcoholic starts the movie drunk-ish, and goes 'downhill' from there. He's brilliant! Tom is so lovely in such a sarcastic, dark, sane, sad, and funny way. And besides, how can you go wrong with Gary drinking and smoking and falling down stairs?! :lol:

And his voice..... :adore: :devil: :adore: :devil: :adore: ..... *melts* I have the audiobook of OMAM too, as well as "Travels with Charley", and I go to sleep with Gary's voice in my ear far more often than not.... *siiiiiiiiigh* That man could read the dictionary and I'd listen to it over and over!

OH, and back to TW and Austin, yeah, those unscripted genius moments of his, STILL have me laughing even after all the countless times I've watched it :guffaw: Because if you guys ever read the play itself, all those bits are not in the original. Same with the 'igloo' line and Austin's "brrrrrrr" :luvlove:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Jade! i didn't know that was your YouTube channel thanks so much for uploading it :D.so they had real alcohol at one time then? how did they remember there lines. I would of loved to of seen a real drunk Gary. I love your last animation, bowing down to toasters :lol:. I have seen 'The Championship season'. I liked the bit when he took a picture of that guy before he was gunna shoot someone :lol: and when he said ''i think i pi**ed my self''. Falling down the stairs was a good bit too:lol:.When he was outside drunk and smoking on the chair was just :drool: :drool:, how can a man look so gorgeous just by drinking and smoking :confused:, well he is the most gorgeous/handsome/great..wow i could go on forever, actor. Do you think he thinks he is good-looking and handsome? i'm sure people have said it to him though :devil:
    I agree with doing other things because he is a great actor, one who can actually act really well and bring emotion to a character. In CSI:NY they make him seem uptight all the time? where as when he is movies, he seems more humorous and be himself. Don't even get me started on Of Mice and Men that film was just amazzzzzzzinnng, he got good shots of the ranch and California(it was filmed there wasn't it?) and he played gorgeous George really well seriously, that one was of his sexiest roles IMO :drool: . i don't usually watch films cause they bore me but Gary doesn't bore me at all i could just watch one film after another of his all day.He is defo my fav actor and always will be. i hope if he finishes CSI:NY then we will see alot of him in some movies:D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  3. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

It's not stupid at all, I know exactly what you're talking about. like I said before, his voice does stuff to me. and his voice did sound so very manly, at least in the beginning. by the end his voice was cracking like a thirteen-year-old's X)

4. taylorgirl

When he said ''a piece of golden brown fluffy toast'' i thought he said that so sexy haha i don't know why :confused: and when he whispered to Peyton ''I''ll be very careful''.:drool:. Yeah at the end, it did go a bit squeeky? but that's cute though :D. Did he once say in CSI:NY a line like ''If, your lying. You'll be feeling me''? oh please, im lying can you feel me Mr Taylor?:devil:devil:

5. legitlyobsessed

I definitely agree as well. He is a fantastic actor, and I like what he does on all of his stuff. If you think about it, though, the role he plays on CSI:NY is probably the hardest, because its definitely not the type of character he plays. I mean, look at TW, or Reindeer Games, or even some of his other stuff. He plays some real characters, but in CSI:NY, Mac is very reserved and toned down. As an actor who's used to being so far out there, it's got to be hard to have a character that's more reserved and still let the character be three-dimensional. It's a serious part, a really tough, serious part, and he does a good job. Well, I'm gonna go watch Ransom now, talk to you people later :cool:

6. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

[​IMG]

How about this hot Gary pic?

7. taylorgirl

Going to watch Ransom legitlyobsessed? Well have fun drooling at his perfect ass and his badass demeanour :lol: :drool: and thanks for the pic kaunis Mies i like his hair a lot in that film :D

8. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I got screen caps from it and Ransom

9. legitlyobsessed

I'm 26 minutes in and I've seen him once. when does the badass-ness and such come??

10. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

It shouldnt be that long now and it's a great film and i must get it on dvd

11. taylorgirl

uh well he is a bad guy in it so it shouldnt be too long into the film

12. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

It's time for Gary

13. legitlyobsessed

as soon as i said it, he showed up. you guys might have mentioned that he DIES.... man. But he plays one hell of a bad guy. so sexy, so sexy :drool: except when he was all bleeding and stuff at the end. good for him, though, that he was prepared. all those guns. he never gave up.

Silly Kaunis, it's ALWAYS time for Gary :D

14. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I think it's time for me to make a Gary video

15. taylorgirl

forgot to tell you he died? oh how silly of me :lol: wouldn't that of ruined the whole film though?Did you enjoy it? did you see his ass, it's not on for long but its still half a sex scene we get to see haha, wish they shown more of him in the shower in Imposter, i mean if i was the director, i would of dropped the camera a little bit down, but that's just my opinion :p :drool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.