From the Mouth of High School

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by araSgerG, Sep 18, 2006.

1. AngelWearinJeans

AngelWearinJeans Witness

Our school is crazy like that. My freshman year, three guys failed gym class because they jumped in the river after the final exam. I don't blame them, the crazy teacher made us run like 2.5 miles in 90 degree weather.
    We go to such a small and rundown school that sometimes we lose our minds, and thats where these strange quotes come from. For example:
    -The windows rattle when the freighters go by on the river; there's actually a physics formula to measure how fast they're going based on the rattling.
    -Depending on which way the wind blows the school either smells like manure or fish.
    -There is no air conditioning and no heat, so we are miserable pretty much all year round.
    -There are no screens on the upstairs windows, so when they're open, you could just jump out, and sometimes we're tempted to during the more painfully dull classes. Also, bees like to come in during the summer and sting people.

I think most people would end up saying weird stuff if they were trapped in this place for 7.5 hours a day.

2. Fool4love

Fool4love Police Officer

On a geography field trip me and my friend decided to buy some veggie pasties as it was a bit cold. On the walk back to our group she turns to me and says "this pasty tastes like vegetables."
    Later on that day we were on the coast and she says "there's alot of sand on this beach"

3. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

...GOD that floored me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haven't got any funny stories, pretty much hung out with a boring bunch. :rolleyes:

4. AngelWearinJeans

AngelWearinJeans Witness

Glad I could make you laugh. I have a confession to make though...I was the one who said that. *hangs head in shame* :(

Honestly though, I was looking at a bottle of water a few months later and it had ingredients on it, I'm not kidding. There were like minerals and stuff in there. It was really sad.

5. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

"How about we call it switch your sex day!" - Holly on our theme day. We wanted to have a day (during homecoming week) where the girls dressed like guys and the guys dressed like girls.

"Ohmigod! I want a Lennie doll!" "What will you do with it? Pull a string and hear it say 'George, I want ketchup!" - Lexi and Me.

"Seriously, Who gave Dustin a hatchet?" - Me

"Hey, Ash Crack! I'm a sexy beast!"- Ryan
    "Don't call me that! Shut up! You're not even hot!"- Ashley
    "Okay, hey, P-Rat! I'm a sexy beast!" - Ryan
    "Oh my God, Ryan! Don't call me that! And your ugly!" - Me

6. AngelWearinJeans

AngelWearinJeans Witness

We're in homecoming week right now, today was toga day, it was so weird. They kept having these announcements like "Remember, you have to be fully clothed under your togas." We just laugh when they say stuff like that.

7. blackened623

blackened623 Prime Suspect

haha, that reminds me of last year, we had a day like that during spirit week, only it was called "gender bender day". haha :lol: It was pretty scary seeing a bunch of guys in mini skirts...though it was funny. :D That was an interesting day...

8. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

:lol: That's great! Our homecoming week is next week. But unfortunately we can't use Switch Your Gender Day (We changed the name). So now we're using comfy day instead.

9. Catherinesmyidol

Catherinesmyidol Coroner

Today we had to use our microphones in Lit. class, (I didn't feel all that well so I just sat back and listened to the other people make fools of themselves). There was one guy and he kept saying, "Heeellllooooo?" Into his microphone. He didn't know we could hear him! :lol:

There was another girl that got her mic privilges taken away because she kept swearing into the mic, thinking she had turned it off. :lol: I think I have dumb people in my school. :lol:

10. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

Ha ha, Catherineismyidol! That's great! That first one sounds like something I would do!

Your signature made me laugh, too! That's great!

11. AngelWearinJeans

AngelWearinJeans Witness

Today our teacher asked us if we thought that god had a sense of humor and one girl was like, "Yea, cuz he invented the platypus!" We all just burst out laughing because it was so random. Just thought I'd share that....

12. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

"Hey Mr. Jo! Your epidermis is showing!"
    "Hey Jordan, your incredible intellect is showing." - Last year's Science Teacher.

13. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

Yesterday we were playing Ultimate Frisbee (Is that even a sport???) in gym and our team is AWESOME! But anyway, one of the guys on my team, my friend Gage, said to my other friend Jerry "Hey, Jerry, our team is awesome! Let's go brag!" So both Gage and Jerry ran up to the other team and started bragging. It was pretty funny.

14. Calihan

Calihan Captain

One of my best friends said the funniest things today in government class. In class we were discussing economics and the three types of economic systems. Our teacher asked us what kind of economic system the U.S. uses:
    1. Free Market
    2. Traditional
    3. Controlled

When he asked us this my friend said the answer was controlled, the reasons he gave had nothing to do with the economy at all. He sadi it's because we censor the radio and TV, then he said it's as bad as if we were living under Stalin's rule.

A few minutews later in class he said the freeist economy was in a red light district. I forget exactly how he said it but the exact words and his tone just made it much funnier than it was.

Earlier in the day at lunch he said another really funny thing. A different friend of mine was telling us about a dream he had, and in the dream he was dancing with a girl who had a seizure on the dance floor. After he finished the story the first friend, who said the crazy shit in governmernt, asked with a sneaky grin "What did her seizure look like", he made it sound like there was an innuendo when there actually wasn't.

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I remember the teachers trying to search the girls' locker room once because it smelled majorly of decomp but I don't think they ever found what died in there. We did have to have it de-loused once though. Just...ewww.

I now wish I'd taken driver's ed, I want my license badly. I made the mistake of doing band again my sophomore year...I did love band class, the teacher was really funny, (he'd make up funny names for the sections that weren't doing well. dumpets (Trumpets) low gas(low brass) sucksaphones(saxaphones), fruits (fluits) twobyfours(tubas) concussion(percussion)or dummers(drummers)...really though that school never could keep a director for more than like two years. Wierd.) but am still sad about the car thing.

School changed even since I started...it was only in high school that we had bomb threats and drug searches. Plus a locker fire one year.

I'm glad it's over, I was always one of the people everyone picked on :( I was kinda a geek but I don't know how much science...more computers and library. Didn't make riding the bus easy either, I even once got beat up after getting off.

College was way better and I can't wait to get back to it...darn bills will be paid soon. Yay for me.