Forensic Science Trivia Game!

Re: Forensic Science Trivia Game

I am not sure of my answer, so I wont try, but I can give you the adress of a interesting site article on forensic entomology : http://courses.washington.edu/insects/454Students/TermPaper/TPexamples/TP_2004HER.doc

The only species I can think of are Diptera, blowflies (calliphora) (first species to lay their eggs in the body, therefore who are usefull to approximate a T.O.D)and Coleoptera. I'll quote a sentence of the article which might be the closest I have to answering your question..."Three major concentrations in the still somewhat burgeoning field of forensic entomology have been recognized: the identification of species, the study of larval growth and the changes associated with different developmental conditions and the determination of how differences in how thermal differences affect insect invasion of the cadaver "

1) The flies and beetles that eat off a corpse

2)Predators and parasites of the flies and beetles.

3)Wasps, ants and beetles that feed off both body and maggots.
4)Spiders using the body as a habitat for their prey.

grrr i totally knew that one but i'm kind of at work... not really supposed to be on...

hey i answered 3 questions correctly when do i get to ask one??

ok yay!! :D :D :D

ok...
what is the main cause of a hemopericardium and how is it distinguished?

The main cause of bleeding into the side of the heart is blunt force trauma and it is demonstrated by dark blood in the sack which surrounds the side of the heart.

Name the three devices for the assessment of psychological behavior that are sensitive to malingering and explain their purposes.

Structured Interview of Reported Symptoms - Detects malingereing and deception specifically.

The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory- "Faking bad" and "faking good"

The Rorschach test - assesses deviant responses and thought disturbances.

TheCoroner said:
Structured Interview of Reported Symptoms - Detects malingereing and deception specifically.

The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory- "Faking bad" and "faking good"

The Rorschach test - assesses deviant responses and thought disturbances.

100% Correct!

i guess i am...

ok...

what were three mistakes in the JonBenet Ramsey case that caused the time of death to be undetermined??

1. vidctim was wrapped , thus bringing down body temp.
2. coroner arrived 7 hrs. after discovery of body, spending 10 minutes on body examination.
3.coroner failed to take temp. of body.

Back