Flashpoint

Season 3 Baba. Thats why on the Spoiler tags I listed 3x1 episode and 6/4 date. By the sounds of it you are getting repeats there, and on CBS their new. I just wish they could put them on, at the sametime. Like they use to.

I actually don't have cable (or a TV!) at the moment, so I guess it doesn't really matter anyway! :lol: I can just watch them online if they're knew anyway.

LMAO Thats how I watched them when they were airing only in Canada, and CBS was stubborn. I can't wait to actually see them on a television I didn't mind the commerical free parts it made it alot better for me to watch but still the computer in my opinion not the same as Tv. But if it works I am for it. :D

Just found this on TVGuide Online

Flashpoint's Enrico Colantoni: "We're Really Finding Our Stride"

During Flashpoint's third season, the members of the Strategic Response Unit are drawn closer together than ever, something series star Enrico Colantoni says was also true when the cameras weren't rolling.

"Every show takes a while to find its legs, and where CBS ended the last season, we were really finding our stride," Colantoni tells TVGuide.com. "The camaraderie of the unit — and of us as actors and crew members — was really clicking, so what you're going to see now is much more intense."

Indeed, in Friday's episode (9/8c on CBS), team leader Ed Lane (Hugh Dillon), Sgt. Gregory Parker (Colantoni) and the rest of the SRU are tasked with finding and dismantling a number of bombs set in place all over the city by an eco-terrorist. Ultimately, a member of the team makes a huge sacrifice for his colleagues and the lives of many others.

"For the first time, the action involves us directly," Colantoni says. "There's a real tragedy on the team. Usually, we're out dealing with other people, and just trying to handle a bad situation, but this is much more emotional."

Colantoni's character, a crisis negotiator, is known for finding non-lethal resolutions in stand-offs. But could that foundation be rattled?

"I'm sure there are times when he gets tired," Colantoni says, noting viewers will see more of Parker out of uniform this season. "I had a Toronto cop come up to me and say, 'Sometimes, all you can do is say please, please put the gun down.' The job drains you, and sometimes, that's all you've got left. But I think he's always focused on doing that job."

That interaction with real-life law enforcers gives Colantoni pride, he says, adding that he took this job partly to honor his brother, who was a 30-year veteran of the Toronto police force. Colantoni says he believes Flashpoint is successful because the cops on the show are still the good guys.

"We don't show the seedy underbelly — the cops are the heroes," Colantoni says. "Surprisingly, there's not a lot of that on American television. We still have the guns and the action of a procedural drama, but we're unique in that way."

Last edited:
So any thoughts on the ep "One Wrong Move"? The season three start that aired on June 4th.

Ahhh... just realized season 3 already aired in Canada last fall. I haven't seen a new episode in so long, I forgot where we were! :lol: We usually get the episodes new because CTV doesn't waffle over airing the show like CBS does. We're very proud of our Canadian content! :D

That season opener was a doozie though- I remember crying like a baby!

Now you know why you had me confused. :lol: I knew where you were and yet you were saying all that and I was like, huh? I wasn't sure how to proceed from there, due to the confusion. :p Yep while we are airing the beginning half of season three, you all should be starting the second half shouldn't you? Cause I don't remember seeing on the CTV site that they aired all the eps for the third season.

CBS is a ........................ insert your own words. :shifty:

Remember I wrote them. I did it again before they said they were coming out with it fineally. I had seen the eps online, but like I said on tv the upside bigger screen lmao better sound. the down side commericals. But without those we don't get to see the show.

Is there a second half though? Don't they only have like 12 eps per season or something?

Season one had 9 episodes to it, Season two had 22 eps to it.
According to the Futon critic season three has 22 eps to it. Okay I am seeing something from looking around. Apparently when they were renewed it for season 3 it was for 9 eps (which is the last ep you and I saw "Behind the blue Line"), then on Oct 6, 2009 they ordered 13 more eps. So at some point they will be airing those eps.

Now unless I am reading this wrong it looks like CTV is running repeats to allow CBS to catch up (note the cbs watchers below) because 3x9 episode will air on July 23. Now the futon critic is assuming that 3x10 will be aired on July 30. My guess is that CTV will start airing ep 10 when CBS does. Hopefully if all goes right, and CBS gets their heads screwed on straight and leaves the show on the air like its suppost to, then maybe we will be set and good to go. Then again.... :lol:

For CBS watchers The futon critic has this...
In a special, two-hour block on Friday, July 9, FLASHPOINT will air two episodes from 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT.
The series will relocate to its new time period on Friday, July 16 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).
The premiere episode will be rebroadcast on a special night and time on Saturday, May 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

I missed last Friday's season premiere. :klingon: That's the only reason why I haven't posted anything about it here.

Thanks for the article, Destiny. Enrico is my favorite. I am soooo mad that I forgot it was on. And I don't really like watching online, unless I know for sure that I can trust the site. And I don't suppose CBS is showing the episode on their site. Are they? I didn't even think to look for some reason.

I don't know but if you check your pm's I have that info you asked about. ;)

I guess CTV is trying to help the show by waiting for CBS. The show gets better funding with an American network on board, so what can you do? I don't mind waiting so much, as long as it gets to stay on! :)

Awesome season premiere! But I have a question...

Why was Lewis killed? Was it because the actor decided to leave the show or was it purely for TV drama purposes?

Thank you! Looking forward for tonight's new episode.

Actually if you look back through you can see alot of the stories, I linked to for the season, I watched it online when Canada aired it.

But I will save some time. ;)

'It was hard': Actor Mark Taylor responds to a shocking death on 'Flashpoint' <SNIP>

As one of the original cast members of “Flashpoint” since the summer of 2009, Taylor tells CTV.ca he was shocked when he first learned about Lew’s fate on the show.
“Near the end of our hiatus, I got a phone call from the producer’s assistant, asking me to come in. I was trying to understand what they were bringing me in for, thinking that they maybe had an episode that had a lot to do with me, or I thought that they were going to fire me,” says Taylor.
“It turned out to be both. I went in the next morning and then they told me. When I heard it, it shook me. It hurt.”

Also for those wondering after Flashpoint Mark did the following work according to IMDB

-Who Is Clark Rockefeller? (2010) (TV) .... Detective Mike Ruggio

-"Being Erica" as Anthony Winter for (3 episodes, 2009)
Yes We Can (2009), Mama Mia (2009) & Mi Casa, Su Casa Loma (2009)

Thank you Destiny. :thumbsup: That must be sad for the actor. I hope he finds more work after Flashpoint. I hate it when producers do it, like what happened last year with CSI: NY. :(

Tonight's episode 'Never Let You Down' was good. I actually shouted in front of the TV when Zoe was about to fall. I thought no one would catch her since the two SRU members were already holding Dale.

The team's grief about Lewis' death was subtly shown it the episode but great. At first I thought they wouldn't show any sign of Lewis' death. It's a good thing they focused on the case first then showed some nice since in the end.

I thought the episode last night was pretty good, but I suppose CBS was behind the killing off of the one character and his getting replaced? :rolleyes: I liked the new character, though. I thought she seemed totally believable. But there were some things I noticed in the episode that had me wondering. I'm not a huge fan of Jules. I think she's the show's weakest, least believable character. Why is it her who is being trained to talk down the suspects? I think I know the answer. :rolleyes: See, I watch this show mainly to watch the *guys*. And Flashpoint has been a great show to watch them in. So now if I'm going to have to watch the Enrico character have to stay home with a victim because CBS just has to foist the female characters in the viewers faces, I'm going to get tired of it real fast. This is just not the show to do this in. "Enrico" talking down the suspects has been one of the reasons I've kept tuning in!

Back