Flashpoint

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, May 12, 2009.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Aww thanks Baba!

Okay anyone interested I found Not only Hugh Dillon's brand new CD online, but TWO of Amy Jo Johnson's. Found them at the Walmart site.

Hugh Dillon (you can listen to a 30 second preview of each song) and the CD goes for $9.00 or each song is .94

Amy Jo Johnson (preview time same) Both CD's go for $9.00 or .94 cents a song. (Released March 04, 2005 "Imperfect") and (Released January 10, 2002 "The Trans-American Treatment")

Okay some trivia, of all the actors on the show Amy Jo is the only non-canadian on there She was born in Cape Cod, Mass. And in this interview From Youtube she tells how before she started on the show that she hated and feared guns. Also in the interview she was pregnante, so this is from 2008. As she gave birth to a daughter, Francesca Christine, on December 1, 2008; the father is Johnson's fiance, Oliver Giner. - She is also most recognized for her role as Kimberly Ann Hart, the first Pink Ranger of the Power Rangers franchise in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

2. Destiny

HEADS UP US FANS. Here is a possiblity...

This was posted on the Yahoo Entertainment area

3. Destiny

Okay that ep "You think you know someone" was awesome.
    Consistant, Greg talking about his drinking and losing his family.

How he kept that girl from knowing the secret that it was her that killed her mother, so that she didn't have to live with that.

How though had a little doubt she never stopped believing in Greg.

Jules speach about putting his life on the line, being the great greg parker, tells me she is still thinking about Lew making a sacrifice. Greg didn't put his life on the line he thought he was helping a girl survive a tramatic event in her life. He puts his life on the line everyday they all do, her concern with a touch of disgust I guess you could say was misleading as in the previous episode "The farm" they made the big deal about getting him into the field. I am not saying that Jules didn't have a point, the fact is she did for them all to hear, but she also had only some of the facts not all of them, so to judge his motives before knowing the whole story smells of consistancy of Lews death (who knew no matter what he wasn't going to survive) Greg knew the kid did intend to kill him, Jules assumption that he didn't know that was off base Greg has always taught them to assume they intend to kill and basically pray that they don't.

The only problem I found with the ep was that part at the end with Jules while she meant well, they are SRU they are the ones who get called in when the other police can not do it, they put their lives on the line, to tell him that it wasn't right what he did, something that he carried for many years, to continue to help people after the ordeal is over. I again get her concern but Greg doesn't act irresponsibly, even Ed knew that by the look on his face, course he knows more about his past. Her emotions were that of Lew, and almost losing another team member. I get that, heck greg got that, but he also knows that no matter what it is apart of them.

I give this ep a A-

Okay thats my whole thought on that, though I will have to watch it again, to make sure.

On to some Flashpoint news
    10-26-09: 'Flashpoint' a big winner at Directors Guild bash... "Flashpoint" earned the title of best TV drama, also picking up awards for direction and sound editing.

Gemini Award Winners will be announced November 14, 2009 -- Live from Calgary, AB - "Flashpoint" initially led the nominees overall with a record 19 nods. After garnering three in the early ceremonies, it will compete for five more.

Best Direction Drama
    Kelly Makin Planets Aligned

Best Drama:
    Flashpoint

Best Performance by an Actor in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role
    Enrico Colantoni Who's George?
    Hugh Dillon Haunting the Barn

Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role
    Amy Jo Johnson Planets Aligned

Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Program or Mini-Series
    Hugh Dillon Of Murder and Memory

Also:
    "Flashpoint," a CTV/CBS co-production that led the race overall with 19 nominations, nabbed drama awards for best guest performance by an actress, Tatiana Maslany; best guest performance by an actor, Henry Czerny; and best title design.

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, I did a "Flashpoint Sunday Morning" and caught up on the last 2 episodes and they were both phenomenal. Man, this show just does not disappoint, does it? It was cool to see Gina Holden in the Farm one, and did anyone else find her crazy cult leader husband Charles to be a bit sexy? Man, I feel like I'm disturbed sometimes! :lol: The last episode was excellent too, with a particular standout moment when Jules basically gave Greg a talking to about his risk-taking behaviours. It could have come across cheesey and sentimental, but she imbibed it with just enough emotion to make it convincing. Kudos to Amy Jo for that one.

Some friends of mine in Ontario were posting on Facebook about how much they love this show and one of them, who's a cop in south western ON I believe, was complaining that none of her colleagues are hot like that show. (The funny part of that is that her husband's a cop too! Hopefully he didn't read that! :lol: )

5. Destiny

I've always told you, you were distrubed Baba you just didn't believe me. :p

Don't get me wrong I love the emotions that AJJ protrayed, but at the sametime you have to wonder if it was part of that consistancy they have regarding Lewis's death. The only concern I have is that Spike didn't have a smiliar response or even a flicker. I wonder if they plan for further storyline. I hope so I would love them to inject amongst the storyline their personal feelings further. I mean you can't just do what they did and not have a reaction. Greg doing that might have been his, Jules response might have been her's. I mean Lewis first, then Ed, now Greg, not to mention she was shot and almost died. Poor Wordy and Sam.... what is next?

6. Destiny

Oh this looks like it might be another good ep.

Friday, Nov. 13 at 10/9C - The Good Citizen
    The SRU is called in when a gun is fired in a local bar and two local drug dealers have been beaten up. The team quickly learns that the drug dealers were terrorizing the owner of the bar (guest star Fulvio Cecere, INTELLIGENCE) and that a good citizen came to his rescue. The team identifies the good citizen as Robert Cooper (guest star Alex Carter, CSI), the president of the neighborhood guard association. When Cooper goes after and shoots one of the dealers, the team fear that Cooper is taking the law into his own hands and becoming a vigilante. The team must race to protect the dealers and save Cooper from himself.

7. Destiny

The good citizen was pretty good, not the greatest but still good, Alex did a great job in it, I also love that Wordy got some screen love. And were they trying to kill us with the Spike thing cause that was so not nice.

8. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I loved it! Alex Carter was amazing in this episode. And I loved Wordy's personal involvement in the case. Nice to get a bit of background story for him. And Spike too. I hope he decides to stay :)

This show can certainly paint shades of grey. The bad guys aren't all bad, and the good guys aren't all good. It just makes it seem that much more real, and the characters that much more believable.

9. Destiny

WoooooHooooooo! Congrats to Flashpoint!!!!!! :D

The Gemini Awards were tonight and here is the outcome...

Best Direction in a Dramatic Series
    Kelly Makin - Flashpoint - Planets Aligned

Best Dramatic Series
    Flashpoint (Flashpoint Season 1 Inc., PINK SKY ENTERTAINMENT INC., AVAMAR ENTERTAINMENT INC.) Anne Marie La Traverse, Bill Mustos

Best Performance by an Actor in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role
    Enrico Colantoni - Flashpoint - Who's George?

Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Program or Mini-Series
    Hugh Dillon - Of Murder and Memory

Awards Given Out Earlier Pre-Show (Oct) Won By Flashpoint:
    Best guest performance by an actress, Tatiana Maslany;
    Best guest performance by an actor, Henry Czerny;
    Best title design.

Though Amy Jo Johnson was beat out :( here is a pic of Hugh, Amy & Enrico on the red carpet

and of course a pic of Cast and crew from Flashpoint pose for a photo with their Gemini award for Best Dramatic Series backstage

For all the Gemini Award winners Click here (PDF)

This also seemed like a cool story with Enrico Colantoni - I like how he and Hugh were nominated for the same catagory this year and part of the story he says. "In the meantime, he's enjoying filming in his old hometown. As for competing against his co-star Hugh Dillon for Gemini gold, he says it hasn't come up in conversation. But, he says, there is an unspoken competition between the two.
    "It's a great competition, I love it." Colantoni says. "It's fraternal. I'm not familiar with the other actors who are nominated, but as long as either I or Hugh win, we're fine."
    - How cool is that? :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  10. Destiny

Next episode.

Friday, Nov. 20 at 10/9C - Behind the Blue Line

The Godwin Coliseum’s the pride of a city – an arena rich with the memories and dreams of millions of people. But when it’s slated for demolition, Darren Kovacs (guest star Shawn Roberts, WILD ROSES) decides to fight back. As Ed (Hugh Dillon) contains the vast arena, riddled with booby traps and occupied by an active shooter, Parker (Enrico Colantoni) and Jules (Amy Jo Johnson) discover that Darren is doing more than defending a stadium. He’s a soldier, recently returned from war and fighting the guilt of losing his best friend in combat. Sam (David Paetkau), haunted by his own ghosts of a military past, reaches out to Darren. Will the connection between the two men lead to a safe resolution or will Darren turn the tables on the team and gain the upper hand?

11. BabaOReilly

OK, finally watched the last episode and it was pretty decent. Not quite as good as the last two, but still better than most of the current cop dramas on TV. :lol: I loved the teasing the boss gave Spike at the end too- very cute. I LOVE Spike so I'm glad he's sticking around. ;) Oh, and loved seeing Alex Carter. It might surprise the US audience how many US TV show regulars are actually Canucks. :lol:

And yay- nice work in the awards kids. You've worked hard and you totally deserve it. (Was also glad to see Henry Czerny getting props because like I stated earlier, he's a totally underrated actor. :) )

12. Destiny

Expanding on the finale "Behind the blue line" is a story from CTV but it contains spoilers and so it will go into a tag.

Sniper in Maple Leaf Gardens: Gripping Flashpoint Fall Finale Airs Nov. 20

Hot on the on the heals of three more Gemini Award wins Saturday night, including Best Dramatic series, Canada’s most-watched original drama series Flashpoint wraps its Fall season this Friday, November 20 at 10/9C on CTV.

Shot from inside one of hockey’s greatest temples, historic Maple Leaf Gardens comes back to life, guest-starring as “Godwin Coliseum” when the SRU attempts to disarm a highly-trained and passionate sniper who will to do anything to save the famed arena from demolition.

With unprecedented access, viewers get a never-before seen look at the bowels of Maple Leaf Gardens, including hidden corridors, the Foster Hewitt Gondola, and the announcer's booth used by former house-announcer Paul Morris, as the SRU tracks down their target in one of the series’ most riveting episodes ever.

In the Fall finale, entitled “Behind the Blue Line,” the Godwin Coliseum (Maple Leaf Gardens), an arena rich with the memories and dreams of millions of people, is slated for demolition and Darren Kovacs (guest star Shawn Roberts, WILD ROSES) decides to fight back.

As Ed (Hugh Dillon) contains the vast arena, riddled with booby traps and occupied by an active shooter, Parker (Enrico Colantoni) and Jules (Amy Jo Johnson) discover that Darren is doing more than defending a stadium. He’s a Canadian soldier, recently returned from Afghanistan and fighting the guilt of losing his best friend in combat. Sam (David Paetkau), haunted by his own ghosts of a military past, reaches out to Darren. Will the connection between the two men lead to a safe resolution or will Darren turn the tables on the team and gain the upper hand?

The Fall finale of Flashpoint will be made available on demand Saturday at 9 a.m. ET on the CTV Video Player at CTV.ca following its television broadcast. Viewers can also catch up on previous episodes at CTV.ca.

13. Destiny

Video episode is fineally up at ch131 (see link in post/page one of this thread). I haven't seen it yet, and won't get to till later this afternoon, then I will give my review. :) But for those interested I figured if you wanted to see it, it's ready to go. ;)

14. BabaOReilly

Yeah, I was wondering of there was a new episode on Friday or not since my site didn't have it up yet either. Good to know. :)

15. Destiny

Well now I just watched it, and I would give (3x9 "Behind the Blue Line") it an A-

Sam almost had me with the emotions and the story he told but he lost me it was like he shut off too quick at that one moment and Spike... they are trying to either give me a heartattack or make me want to give that guy a hug. :lol:

The storyline was pretty decent, showing yet again the aftermath of war and the transition, and how many aren't or won't get the help they need. How familiarity gives only so much peace but that which was seen, felt and imprinted on you and in you can never really fully reach that peace within.

Parker for two eps now that puts me in shock. I love how Ed had to reign him (in his excitement) in as they were entering the building, I like this Greg we have. The arguing, poor Winnie it was like being caught in the cross fire of who did what. I watched that one part twice and I am going to watch it again, because I want to know how the heck they got spike in that position anyway, one minute they were... Ohh never mind memory overload.

I like the new girl (Leah?) she is cool, I hate that Lew (okay not going to cry).... But I hope they keep her, she is good, for the show and the team.

Okay we know Season 3 is 22 eps, 9 finishes the fall season leaving us with 13 more to go, the freaking torcher they put us through. CBS better hurry the heck up because I want to actually see it on TV instead of a small (800/600 resolution) computer monitor. Okay love my monitor I do (pats monitor) its still working after 8 yrs, but dang it CBS hurry it up! I got my father hooked on this show and he hates it on the computer the video is grainy for him, though he likes the commerical free part (so do I) but we want it on TV!!!!!!! :scream: :scream: :scream: