Flashpoint

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, May 12, 2009.

1. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

ok wow didn't expect that :eek:
    I was totally happy to see the whole team again, everyone got nice screentime and even Lou got to do something in the field ;) ....and now , well just :eek: *sniff*:(

2. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

Gonna put spoiler codes just in case.

I saw it too and all I can say is WOW........that was a very great episode it makes you think what will happen next.
    That episode has to be one of the best;)Very heart pumping
    I cried at the end:(

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Meatball42 asked about when it was returning. Back during the posting of renewed or canceled shows. TvGuide.com under the "OFFICIALLY RENEWED FOR THE 2009-10 TV SEASON (FINAL UPDATE 5/21)"
    Flashpoint, CBS (to return summer 2010)

Also TvGuide 9-1-09 Q&A
    Will Flashpoint return as a midseason replacement? I really like the show and will miss it. — Larry
    ADAM: Like many things in life, Larry, it's all a matter of timing The show still has nine unaired episodes in the can, and I am assured that they will see the light of day. But when exactly remains anyone's guess. I suppose it depends on whether you're rooting for CBS' new fall lineup to fail.

I don't know if this helps at all. But there isn't much on it for CBS right now.

4. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

I haven't watched it yet (because I'm a moron, that's why) but even in the US you can watch the premier on casttv. Just tryin' to help all my Flashpoint-withdrawal-stricken friends!

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

It's probably on Surf the Channel too. I watch all the HBO shows on there! :lol:

6. Destiny

Okay US fans (heck any fans) I know this probably won't help but lets face it we are limited on options. I just clicked and wrote the CBS Feedback form, telling them how I loved watching Flashpoint, and how it was a good fit on friday nights and how it should never had to be replaced. That as much as I find medium okay its a more mid week show where as more times then not Flashpoint brought them top ratings as the middle show between two other top rated shows. I asked them to please give us some clue as to when they actually plan to bring out season three, and not say one thing, change it, and change it again. Fans of this show are not even getting repeats, at least they could put repeats on, on the weekends when nothing is really on. I doubt I will get a response, I doubt they will even read it. But if on the off chance they do then I think its worth it to at least give it a try. Including if their not going to put it on tv then put it online.

Okay now moving on lol. I just read the CTV Flashpoint. They have news on Hugh Dillons new album, finale highlights, cast photo's and widgets. Then down further there are feature articles about the actors and the show.
    'It was hard': Actor Mark Taylor responds to a shocking death on 'Flashpoint'

At the climax of one of the most emotional episodes of the series, one of the SRU’s finest officers sacrificed his life to save another’s.

In the season three premiere, “One Wrong Move,” Team One answers the call of a bomb threat in the downtown core, only to discover it’s the first in a series of planned attacks. To deal with the scare, the team splits up while Spike (Sergio Di Zio) and Lew (Mark Taylor) must diffuse two bombs simultaneously.

But when Lew realizes he’s stepped on a landmine, Spike is desperate to find a way to save his friend. Eventually Lew accepts that he can’t stay still any longer, and he detonates the bomb when Spike is out of danger.
    As one of the original cast members of “Flashpoint” since the summer of 2009, Taylor tells CTV.ca he was shocked when he first learned about Lew’s fate on the show.

“Near the end of our hiatus, I got a phone call from the producer’s assistant, asking me to come in. I was trying to understand what they were bringing me in for, thinking that they maybe had an episode that had a lot to do with me, or I thought that they were going to fire me,” says Taylor.

“It turned out to be both. I went in the next morning and then they told me. When I heard it, it shook me. It hurt.”

When filming the episode earlier this year, Taylor says that shooting on that particular day was hard, and remembers that it had “a sad vibe.”
    In one gut-wrenching scene, Lew, exhausted and trembling, calls his parents one last time before taking his own life. Taylor says inspiration for that scene came from talking to his own real parents, and imagining what it would be like making that call to them.

“It was a sad story, but a good story,” says Taylor.

Before appearing in “Flashpoint,” Taylor has appeared in a variety of film and TV projects, including “Student Bodies,” “Instant Star” and a role in the film “Seventeen Again.”

Yet for the Scarborough, Ontario, native, he admits that he never thought he’d have a career in acting.

“Well, I never even really wanted to be an actor. I had a friend, my best friend, he was doing a talent show and asked me to check it out, and there was an opening for in a fashion show part of it,” says Taylor.

“So I joined that, and it so happened there was an open audition for a new TV series, which was ‘Straight Up.’ So my friend wanted to go to the audition, and he wanted me to go with him. I didn’t want to and he said, ‘Why not?’ But I got the role and that was my first acting job.”

Taylor credits the casting director, Marissa Richmond, for looking out for him and sending him to different auditions before he even had an agent, eventually bringing him onboard for a role on “Flashpoint.”
    Now Taylor will happily admit he’s changed his attitude about his career choice.

“I want to keep acting for sure! I want to do movies, something that will make a difference for people. Something that people will watch again and again,” says Taylor.

“Ideally, I’d like to stay home and work, but it’s kind of limiting in a way. Here, you have to keep on starting over.”

One job Taylor won’t rule out either is the possibility of a “Student Bodies” reunion, and is more than willing to revisit his character Romeo.

“I would do it if everything was cool and I liked the idea. I’d be up for it.”

“Flashpoint” airs Friday nights on CTV, with full episodes available online in the CTV Video Player at Watch.CTV.ca.
    That is just one article. I can't get CTV to let me watch the new eps on their site and I can't find another site that has it. Though I haven't really had much time to look.

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Gosh, I love this show. I just watched the second episode of the season, and it was just as amazing as the season premier. Nice to see a show that knows how to do continuity :lol: It was another every emotional episode, and the end really got to me. This show seems to do that a lot, which I suppose just means they're doing a good job...

It's weird, I'm so used to having to wait for shows to air in Canada, and being unable to watch them online because I'm not in the States. I guess it's the other way around this time.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

9. BabaOReilly

Nice! They must have read Destiny's letter! :lol:

10. Destiny

:lol: Well I was kind of demanding and witchy in it. :lol:

OMG I just watched the premiere online, and shoot Baba you were right. I will give this
    TISSUES REQUIRED!!!!!!!! and beware just when you think okay I can breath, USE MORE!!!! thats all I will say about it, and I don't cry with tv shows all that often it has to be powerful, so that should tell ya something.
    I will say this after watching that if they wouldn't have renewed it that witchy letter would have gotten witchier, you get my point. That ep is a solid 10 A+++ Okay I need a double chocolate fudge brownie now lol.

I mean how could they not renew it at CBS the Hollywood reporter said what we all knew and heck I even put in my letter. "Flashpoint," has been the most successful among the slew of recent scripted imports on the U.S. broadcast networks, which have been looking for lower-cost drama programming. In its second season on CBS, "Flashpoint" averaged 9.6 million viewers and a 2.1 rating/6 share among adults 18-49." May I just say one thing DUH! :lol:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  11. Destiny

I just saw the second episode online, let me just say that it makes me appreciate this show all the more.

Also they have something pretty special up at Youtube thing is if you haven't seen the first episode then beware, it is a musical tribute with scenes in it.

I don't know if this will help but I have a couple sites in which I Watched it on. There is no download required and I don't see anything illegal about it. I will post it here.. You can make the choice to watch it online or wait for CBS to bring it out.

Season premiere 3x1 and also episode 3x2 if I find 3x3 I will let you know. At least for those who can not wait you can catch up. Again I don't see anything about these sites to make me think they are in anyway bad.

12. BabaOReilly

Watched the third episode last night and it was awesome! Very action packed and another good background story.

Hey D, did you know Hugh just released a new album? I think it's out- they advertised it during the commercials here.

13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

^ Agreed! Flashpoint does it again! I love how they can make some one both the bad guy and the victim at the same time. It takes good writing (and acting) to fully accomplish that.

On a different note, I saw that commercial too, Baba. I had no idea Hugh Dillon is a singer! I'm going to have to track down some of his music now :)

14. Destiny

Yep I knew :D

I plan to download it if Walmart gets it online. I love his songs from this album. I like the "Lost at sea" HDRC official page (Hugh Dillon Redemption Choir). and his Bands MySpace page and you can hear the music Here

Nevermore check out page one, post #17 and you can see that Hugh and Amy Jo (Jules) have both done songs for the show. He also use to be the lead singer for the now defunked "Headstones". Baba was speechless on that one. Course back then he had HAIR! :lol:

ETA: I listed in a couple posts up a couple places you could watch the premiere and ep number two. Well here is another again nothing wrong with it. Eps 1-3 ready to go

Also I was reading CTV and I did not know this info so I thought I would add it.

Flashpoint by the numbers..
    Date: 4/23/2009 Here's a look at what it takes to put a show like "Flashpoint" together:

Number of Man Hours = 5,358,678
    Number of feet of film used = 861,440
    Number of Camera Set Ups = 3,558
    Number of Crew Dailies = 2,372
    Number of Back Group Performers = 1,844
    Number of Scenes shot in the SRU HQ = 240
    Number of Regular Crew = 182
    Number of Meals Served to Cast & Crew = 104
    Number of Days Shot = 94
    Average number of scenes per episode = 84
    Number of gunshots fired = 37
    Number of lives saved = 19
    Number of times Parker said his own name = 15
    Number of male hostage takers = 10
    Number of different types of weapons each member has in their kit = 8
    Number of explosions = 5
    Number of times they say "Keep The Peace" = 5
    Number of fatalities = 5
    Number of female hostage takers = 4
    Number of hugs between SRU Officers = 3
    Number of kisses between SRU Officers = 2
    Number of original Songs by Cast members = 2
    Number of bomb threats = 1
    Number of times they've had to say "Scorpio" = 1

Now that is interesting. As is this interview with Hugh Dillon from July of 08, discussing, Flashpoint, Music, Durham County, and popularity.
    Also a story about his Album being released Article from June 09

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  15. Destiny

I just got an email from CBS, thought you all would like to see it.

Thank you for writing to CBS. Please be advised that FLASHPOINT will be returning to CBS later in the 2009-2010 season. While a date has not been announced, we will update viewers on the FLASHPOINT page at CBS.com.

Cordially,

Ray Faiola
    Director,
    CBS Audience Services