Flashpoint

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, May 12, 2009.

1. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

My second cousin was actually on an episode of this show! He played a criminal, but I actually missed the episode. I'll find out which one it was though!

I really like this show, even though I've only seen one whole episode :lol:

I guess what I like the most is that it doesn't pretend to be an American show. It's in Toronto.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I mentioned that Hugh and Amy Jo have sung on the show, I found the eps.

Amy Jo:
    Ep 1x6 "Attention shoppers"
    Amy Jo Johnson - Dancing In Between (At the very end of the episode)

Hugh:
    Ep 1x8 "Never kissed a girl"
    Hugh Dillon - Lost at Sea (at the end of the episode)

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Holy crap- Hugh was the lead singer for The Headstones? That's crazy! I saw them a few times, and once in this really small venue in Whistler. I totally didn't recognize him without his angry hair. :lol:

He always seemed really intense on stage and I recall hearing one time he got p.o'd at a his guitarist and whacked him with his mike stand! :lol:

Wow, I seriously can't believe it's the same guy... but then again now that I think about it, I found both the lead singer and the guy from Flashpoint pretty sexy. :lol:

4. Destiny

I know what you mean, I saw pics of him with hair and thought, whoa, but love the shaved look, and his album you can hear the tracks on the website I linked to if you haven't, they are really cool. Gotta agree, sexy is the right word. :)

5. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

Now I'm curious, sum1 post a pic, please?

6. BabaOReilly

Thanks Destiny I'll have to give those a listen.

Coincidentally, I was flicking channels last night and found another show with him starring- "Durham County". It's like he's everywhere now! :lol: Funnier still, I used to live in Durham County. :)

Now I'm feeling the urge to watch the rest of the Flashpoints I missed this season- Friday nights were bad for me, so I've only seen around 3 or 4 episodes... but I liked them all, so that's a good sign. I was watching them, too, because I love Enrico C. Seriously, I LOVE him. He was so amazing on Veronica Mars- a real standout character. I'll watch anything he's in. :)

7. Meatball42

I heard of Durham County, it's supposed to be really dark. This poor homicide detctive's partner is shot and killed so he gos back to his hometown to wind down, only to find his hometown is wicked creepy. Any1 seen? how is it?

8. BabaOReilly

Well, I watched it last night and it was pretty trippy. Took me a while to figure out what's going on, but in the end I liked it.

9. Destiny

Here is his bands/and I think his official website CLICK HERE You can listen, Watch, and shop hugh dillion and you can read his bio and what he has done..

As to pictures you can find some Here (tv.com) & Here (IMDB)

So you can see him with and without hair. ;)

10. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Hey nice to see a thread for Flashpoint ...

Just started watching it but luckily have Holidays so I've allready seen most eps ^^

Watching the pilot I was a little sceptic how they'll handle the whole special unit theme and a little annoyed at the obvious future romance between the pretty girl and the mysterious ,pretty new boy ....but wow that show really got me .

They have great actors that always keep me watching even if sometimes the plot is not that surprising.
    I like the emotional side and the little climpses of character and privat life they give the team. (I'm a junkie for shows with interesting/good team interactions ...I could totally pet that last team scene from the finale*g*)

Its somehow funny that a snipershow has that much negotiation ,but they really get me crying with some stories ^^°

Now I simply love that show and would really like to see more of the team and their backgroundstories and families...

@ Destiny: Thanks for the links . After seeing him as Ed Lane his hair is just great :guffaw: (and thats Callum Keith Rennie with him on one foto -didn't remember that name, but knew him from Due South , god I loved that guy as Ray *g* so special thanks for the link ;))

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  11. Meatball42

The whole Jules/Sam thing was handled badly from the beginning, she's smarter than that and she wouldn't get into a relationship with a coworker no matter how much he dogged her.

I agree, some of those stories are so heartbreaking, I find myself wondering why someone, anyone, wasn't there to help them.

We have some backstory on Sam in the army, Wordy's wife, Greg's son, but I want way more than that!

12. Destiny

Okay I felt Challenged and I know wasn't intended :lol: Here is what I got (some we already know and some we will remember)

From CTV Character Profiles:
    Greg Parker, Ed Lane
    Jules Callaghan, Sam Braddock
    Kevin Wordsworth, Mike Scarlatti
    Lewis Young, Dr. Amanda Luria

Wikipedia on Characters

Quotes from Eps on Characters...

(Ep 1x4 It is revealed Ed Lane has one boy, Clark, who is 13 years old.)
    Ed: He's a great kid, it's just, it's awkward. I love rock music, he plays the cello, loves basketball, hates hockey.

(Ed's Wife) Sophie: The world isn't going to end if you and your buddies miss a few push-ups!

(Ep 2x1 Sophie is a caterer and has been married to Ed for fifteen years.)

(We learn that Ed keeps tends to keep alot in)
    Ed: I'm fine.
    Greg: You may want to do the math one day on all of the I'm fines.

(Ep 2x7 we learn Ed has a problem with cats)
    Parker: You know what, we all have our weak spots. Could be anything. Flying. Cats. (Parker looks at Eddie) (Eddie looks back at Parker)
    Eddie: Hey, it was one cat. It was mean.
    Spike: I was there, it was mean.

(Greg admits when asked if he has kids)
    Greg: Yeah, I do. A boy.

(Greg admits to trying to contact his son)
    Ed: You gotta see him in person; where is he? Dallas, right? You gotta go there; it doesn't matter if he slams the door in your face.
    Greg: No, I think I'm done.

(But we know that Greg did indeed go see his son later in the season, but he wouldn't come to the door)

(Ep 1x4 It is revealed that Kevin Wordsworth has three daughters)

(Ep 2x2 we learn spikes mom is Italian)
    Wordsworth: Hold up, hold up, your mom still does your laundry?
    Spike: Hey, she's Italian, ok? Try and stop her.

(Ep 2x4 we learn Jules's dad was a cop.)
    (Ep 2x7 we learn Sam was in Special Forces)

(Best descript of the team came in ep 2x13)
    Parker: You guys want a review? How's this, Officers Callaghan and Braddock performed admirably in securing assigned areas and gathering key intel without any public displays of affection.
    Officer Scarlatti's skill with computers and other geeky toys was augmented today by a truly spectacular take-down of a dangerous subject.
    Officer Young provided crucial back-up and insight into the psychology of yet another subject.
    Officer Wordsworth, well, he's just plain and simple the toughest SOB I have ever had the privilege to command.
    And that leaves us with Officer Ed Lane, who, truth by told, has always been a bit of problem for Team One. -- Because when everybody's struggling, he's pushing through and when everyone's lost he finds our way and when we falter he picks us up. Problem is, after he's done all that, who picks him up? Right? You saved that kid today, Eddie, and one time or another you've saved every person in this room. So today is Ed Lane's fifth anniversary as team leader.

Very Funny Line:
    Ed: Hello, Jules phone, who's this. Todd, oh Scott, Scotty, oh just Scott sorry, it's Edward, her personal assistant, well I'll ask her, you want to go out with him tonight, your second... (Jules holds up three fingers)
    Ed: Your third, she would love to see you tonight Scooter, movies well we can't do that see were working late. What about bowling excellent I'll have her call you OK, bye. (Ed hangs up the phone and gives it back to Jules without a word.)

13. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Hehe I'll always slash guys in my head ,but I must confess over time I got interested in the Sam/Jules thing - 'cause for him it got clearly more important ,you can see that in his behavior and after the break up he says that his father wasn't the worst part (something about when the General (???!) asks you to come you don't say no - I suck at quotes maybe Destiny would know that one better ;)) ,that was his mother asking when she'll be meeting Jules ....

@Destiny: ...:wtf:....NICE :lol:
    Then another big thanks for you ,because I love good quotes (my memory is like a black hole ^^°...) , and ohhhh 2x13 :adore: (the whole team)& :D (Now definitely everybody knows about Sam/Jules *g*)

I have a few missing eps so I don't know if there was any explanation for Kira not working with them anymore ,and now after Nicky (??) the new guy Peter ?

14. Meatball42

What!?!?:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    I missed the last two eppies, they're still together! OMG! I have to watch those, NOW! Bye!

15. Destiny

Thank you. And that would be "Perfect storm" 2x11
    Sam: Dealing with my dad, that was the easy part.
    Jules: What was the hard part?
    Sam: When my mom asked when she gets to meet you.

You're welcome, I love finding quotes if I can. :D

They suspect, they [sam and jules] said they broke up, but I and several others aren't buying it, and we don't think they [The team] are either..