Flashpoint

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, May 12, 2009.

1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh..my..god..a Flashpoint thread..yeah!

This is one of my favourite shows now along with CSI and the Mentalist..cool.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

You know, I'd only seen a handful of the episodes because it's on at a bad time for me (Friday nights I'm usually doing stuff! :) ) Anyway, I had planned to just catch up online once I got the chance... Well, I ended up staying up last night until all hours because I accidentally starting watching the first episode pretty late, and then I wanted to keep going! I watched the first 3. :lol:

Let me tell you, the first 3 were all phenomenal! I don't know too many shows that can go three for three like that. Outstanding. I can't wait to keep going.

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I remember when I wanted to catch up with CM and they had them on youtube, and so they required four windows for one episode, so I started all four parts, then as the other three were buffering and all that I watched the first one (which I started ahead of opening the others), then watched it commerical free. :lol:

Okay anyone catch the repeat of last nights ep? 2x1 "Eagle two" Ed in a suit yummy. The teasing of Parker about skipping date night means you have to have a date first lol.

4. BabaOReilly

Yeah, I watched it, but it was the first time for me! I was pretty excited to see Colm Feore on there- he's one of Canada's finest, in my opinion. I was happy to see Henry Czerny in an earlier episode too- you guys may remember him as the sheriff in the CSI episode Jackpot. He's another awesome Canuck actor.

I also just watched the season one finale, where the Russian kid is after Ed. Great episode! And I liked the use of the song "Weapon" at the very end. Very cool.

5. Destiny

Yep I was searching Youtube and interviews by the cast, and wow he had something to say about CSI miami, coming on and suddenly Miami is important so he thought flashpoint would do very well. Not exact quote. I have to find that one, alot of them were a laugh a minute.

Then of course the heart gets broken, no where do you find his marital status, no where then I googled and found it, he is married (18-19 yrs) to [Midori Fujiwara] an artist/stylist, who helped him over come drinking and heroine. I am happy that she was able to do that, and yet upset cause well he is yummy. :drool: :lol:

I have to find some of those interviews, my good at one am I am lmao listening to this cast, individually and all of them together.

Also there was a trivia on tv.com about a couple of the eps being out of order, apparently Amy Jo (Jules), announced she was pregnante (at the beginning of season one) and the ep "Between Heartbeats" was suppost to be the season one finale (which put Amy on maternity leave), then "Business as usual" was due to be the first ep of season two. But anyway it got all switched around as something came up and that is why Amy was shot during the season instead of the end of the season lol.

Okay here it is "Peoples Baby blog" this was announced in June of 2008 lol.
    Amy Jo Johnson is pregnant, her rep has confirmed. The baby is due in late fall and is the first child for Amy Jo, 37, and fiancé Olivier Giner. Her new show, Flashpoint, will premiere on CBS on July 11th.

I found this on IMDB:
    Expecting her first child with fiancé, Olivier Giner, in Fall 2008.

On Monday, December 1, 2008, Amy gave birth to a baby girl, Francesca Christine Giner. Francesca was born at 9:09 p.m., weighing 7 lbs., 1 oz. Her middle name honors Amy's late mother.

So basically at some point during those eps she was pregnante and I have seen them and I can't tell at all, talk about great cover or she was just a very skinny pregnante lady. :lol:

6. BabaOReilly

OK, I have officially watched all the episodes and if I may foist them upon you thusly, here are my observations:

1. I LOVE this show. I will not miss an episode EVER again. In fact I'm watching the Friday night "re-run" right now.
    2. Ed and Greg RULE. I also love Spike. :)
    3. I really like Jules, don't get me wrong, but I will actually miss Donna a lot. It may be because I have always really liked that actress- Jessica Steen. I was sorry to see her go.
    4. I LOVE this show.
    5. I wasn't feeling the Sam/Jules thing at all, and am not sorry it's over.
    6. I LOVE this show.
    7. I love Enrico Colantoni a little more each episode, and I never thought it was possible to love him more.
    8. Ed... sexy in the "cool pants" and everything else... cannot resist this guy! And to think I've been mere feet away from him in the past...
    9. and 10. I love this show. :)

7. Destiny

Congrats to,
    24th Annual Gemini Awards For more info.

8. BabaOReilly

And I think it premieres next week! Yay! Although it looks from the commercial I saw last night that they're going to be killing someone off... my guess would be the underused black guy, but I like him so I sort of hope they don't do it.

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Ooh, I can't wait for this show to start again :D Thanks for reminding me about the premier, Baba :lol:

10. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

Woah woah woah! When's the premire? where? on CBS? the jerks, they didn't give any warning!

11. Destiny

They are referring to it airing in Canada on Ctv.

8-3-09 CBS TCA Tour Entertainment President Nina Tassler Said the following.
    On the status of "Flashpoint": "We have nine more original episodes that we are going to air in season. It just does better for us [than the summer]. It was a great experience [working with CTV] so we're looking forward to doing more, have more arrangements like that." As for "Flashpoint" specifically: "There are no plans right now but we certainly can if we want to."

As to any return it has been said it could return as a mid-season filler (say a show fails they could use Flashpoint to fill that spot), or possibly airing in the summer of 2010. I love how it won it's time slot last season just about if not every week, and they replace it with (nbc cast off) Medium. There is some even saying possibly returning to CBS in Feb 2010. But until the powers that be say it's so we won't really know.

Baba I believe you are referring to Mark Taylors Character Lou 'Lewis' Young. Also according to the Ctv site. Next Episode "Friday, Sept. 25 at 10/9C - One Wrong Move"

12. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

WHAT?!?! HOW CAN I WATCH IT IF IT'S NOT ON CBS?!?!

13. BabaOReilly

Aw jeeze. Now I feel bad, getting all your hopes up when it's only airing here in Canada... :shifty: Sorry!

Wow, it's such a great show. I'm surprised (especially with Destiny's stats!) that's it's not going to be showing up on CBS right away. Quite frankly, I find it a much better show than Medium, which I tried to get into but never could. Then again, I think it's much better than CSI:Miami too, but I'm sure that's not going anywhere! :lol:

14. BabaOReilly

OK well... I just watched the season premiere and all I can say is WOW. My roomie has never seen the show before, and she was totally all watery eyed at the end. Man this show can build crap up! Sheesh!

I don't want to give any details since my US neighbours can't seem to watch it yet. Hmmm.

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

:eek: Wow. Intense. Like Baba, I don't want to give too much away, but man, that was... wow! I got a bit teary eyed at the end too.