Flashpoint

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, May 12, 2009.

1. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

This was the first episode of the real season 3. It was a sneek peak episodes for the Canadian fans, who were without new epsiodes since November 2009. The other episodes currently airing are part 2 of season 2 (although CBS names it season 3). The final two of that season will air this Friday and the Friday July 30th.

From August 6th onwards, the real season 3 will continue with episode 2 on CTV. If CBS continues to broadcast simultaniously with CTV is unknown at this moment, but we should know more soon.

I know, it's confusing, it took me a while to figure it out .:wtf:

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Thanks a lot Daisy! I hope CBS airs Flashpoint simultaneously with CTV so that we are updated. :D

3. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

I read somewhere this morning that CBS should at least air 4 more episodes starting from August 6th. Lost the source however, but it should be legit.

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I fineally got to watch the rest of the episode. So Ed has a brother who is a cop. That is interesting, As to the opening theme I like that they got everyone in there instead of like the old way, but I am not crazy (and it could be just seeing via the computer) about the new look with the orginial characters like Ed and Greg, that could change..

Schedule (Subject to change lol) :
    7/23/10 (#221) The Good Citizen
    7/30/10 (#220) You Think You Know Someone

Source: CTV:
    A new season of Flashpoint begins Friday August 6!

Cast Photo's Season 3 from CTV This is interesting in the cast photo's the actress Olunike Adeliyi who played Leah Kearns isn't in there and not listed as part of the cast either on the CTV website. Hopefully they explain where she went.

Story from CTV:

Canada’s most-watched original drama series is back with a bang this summer with the highly anticipated third season of FLASHPOINT, Fridays at 10 p.m. ET beginning August 6 on CTV (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times). With last Friday’s Season 3 sneak peek delivering 1.3 million viewers, and winning the night, Canadians can now lock their sights on a new season of adrenaline-pumping action that features an array of talented guest stars including Lauren Holly (NCIS), Douglas Smith (BIG LOVE) and Victor Garber (ALIAS). Kelly Rowan (The Good Times Are Killing Me) guest stars in the Season 3 premiere.

Last season, FLASHPOINT was Canada’s most-watched home grown drama, averaging 1.8 million viewers out of simulcast on Friday nights on CTV. This summer, encore episodes continue to average nearly one million viewers on Friday nights. Meanwhile, in the U.S., FLASHPOINT is once again a sure-fire summer hit. Internationally, FLASHPOINT is licensed in over 100 territories worldwide, with channels including RTL2 in Germany, Canal Plus in France and Veronica in the Netherlands.

“Connecting with audiences in North America and around the world, FLASHPOINT continues to lead the way in the resurgence of compelling Canadian drama, “said Susanne Boyce, President, Creative, Content and Channels, CTV Inc. “We are extremely excited to bring our audience a new season, which promises more adrenaline-pumping action than ever before.

In the Season 3 premiere, entitled
    (Friday, August 6 at 10 p.m. ET), Maggie Perrello (Kelly Rowan) was the perfect mother until an addiction to prescription meds spiraled out of control. It cost Maggie a stint in jail, and the loss of her beloved daughters Becky and Riley into foster care. Now she’s out of jail, clean and sober, and yearns to bring her children home but when Maggie discovers that she can’t have her kids back, she turns desperate and kidnaps Becky and Riley.
    (Friday, August 13 at 10 p.m. ET) Team One launches a high-stakes raid on a white supremacist compound after a former insider, Danny Butler (Brendan Penny, WHISTLER), alerts it to an imminent attack. The team shuts down the militant camp but nearly loses one of its own in the battle. When the dust settles, the team discovers that the group’s leader Victor (Adrian Hough, DEFYING GRAVITY) escaped with Danny’s brother Trent (Tyler Johnston, LESS THAN KIND) and another accomplice and they’re all carrying concealed bombs. Parker must enlist Danny’s help in a race against time to stop the bombers and save hundreds of innocent lives.

One of the most streamed programs on CTV.ca, new episodes of FLASHPOINT will be made available on demand the day following their television broadcast on the CTV Video Player at CTV.ca. Viewers can also catch up on all previous episodes at CTV.ca and at popular download stores.

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Good pics of Wordy and Spike. I think Sam is my least favourite... something about that guy has always bugged me a little, I think, but I can't put my finger on it. It may be that he's too blonde. :lol:

Yay, new season starts in August. Guess I'll be watching it online on CTV.

6. Destiny

Thank you it is not just me. I always felt that he had an attitude and a big chip on his shoulder. That and he is a bit too blonde. :D

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Great episode last night but I can't understand what Greg and Spike are talking about. CBS should be playing the episodes in order! :scream:

Next episode looks great and exciting!

8. Destiny

Geeno what they were discussing wasn't part of the orginial ep before it. It was only to that ep. I believe the ep you are referring to (before I go further is "The Good Citizen"? ) I am also guessing you are referring to this conversation.

Greg: I told them, Michelangelo Scarlatti, codename Spike, is a disgrace to the force. I mean, he cracks under pressure, he can't shoot his way out of a paperbag, he can't be trusted with sensitive information on a surprise party let alone national security, he can't type if his life depended on it. No, wait, that's what I wanted to say.
    Spike: Boss, they were headhunting me, okay? It's not like I was....
    Greg: I mean, you get to see the world, international intrigue. Young guy like you, right? Just when you make the choice, Spike, I will support it, okay?

What they are talking about is that Spike apparently asked to think about (or joining) a Federal agency. Apparently he didn't tell Greg about this or anyone, it seems they contacted him, and he approached Spike about it. In the end he decides not to go and stays.

7/30/10 (#220) You Think You Know Someone (FYI This is the "Greg" episode)

Next NEW ep air date 8-6-10
    Maggie Perrello (Kelly Rowan) was the perfect mother until an addiction to prescription meds spiraled out of control. It cost Maggie a stint in jail, and the loss of her beloved daughters Becky and Riley into foster care. Now she’s out of jail, clean and sober, and yearns to bring her children home. When Maggie discovers that she can’t have her kids back, she turns desperate and kidnaps Becky and Riley. Team One answers the call. But when an unexpected complication threatens Becky’s safety, will Parker (Enrico Colantoni) be able to convince Maggie to make the ultimate sacrifice?

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

That's exactly what I'm talking about. :thumbsup: You have great mind reading skills, Destiny! :) I couldn't relate to what they were talking about. I know that this episode and next were flip-flopped by CBS. So, when the promo for the next episode was shown, I assumed that the conversation has something to do with it - there was Greg trapped and I thought Spike did something good/bad. Good to know the episodes are not related and Spike's staying.

Episode 3x2 sounds great! I'll definitely watch the upcoming episodes live since I've found a show to watch before it - SVU on USA. :lol:

Thank you very much! :)

10. Destiny

:lol: Thank you and you are welcome.

Twitter messages..

Flashpoint:

-Very cool Flashpoint interactive game! Have you played it? www.flashpointrecruit.ca/

-Yes, the Flashpoint game is only available to Canadians right now... hopefully it'll find its way to the rest of you soon...

-Yes there is a season 4 coming. Starting to write it now.

-CBS will be airing new episodes of Flashpoint in August.

-No actors regularly on twitter although David and Enrico did a live twitter during an episode recently.

11. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I thought the last two episodes were excellent, especially the one last Friday. It was sooo suspenseful. I thought that one guy was going to be forced to inhale that whole bag of cocaine, and I dreaded seeing that happen. He would've had the biggest, most horrible heart attack. Also, I really liked that we had some character interaction, and Spike's possible career change and that he was being sought out for a position like that one, was very interesting.

Yes, I know this next ep is the Greg-centered episode! It will be :eek: seeing him in that kind of situation. I can't wait to see how he gets out of it.

Thanks for all the great info, Destiny. Canada should be proud of this show; it sure is a good one.

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Tonight's episode is awesome! I really thought Greg shot Haley's mom because she was a threat. When it was revealed Haley shot her mother, I thought she was an abused child so and did it to end her sufferings. Then it was an accident and I didn't see it coming! Nice twists, great story and unpredictable (none of my theories were correct :lol:)! :thumbsup:

I'm excited for new and fresh episodes starting next week! Yay for season 4! CBS is full this season so maybe we'll see it next summer. I agree HnStetlerfan, Canada should be proud of this show. Thanks Destiny fot the info. :)

13. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

The episode last Friday was excellent! I'm glad Greg didn't have an even worse time than he did. Because actually, I thought it would be even worse. And it was really different seeing Greg look scared. I had expected him to be his 100% cool-as-a-cucumber self, as he tried to convince his captors to let him go, but that's not how he was. And the episode was full of twists; I always love that. We had two very surprising OMG-worthy twists, and lots of unexpected other things happening, like how Greg was captured. A definite A+ episode.

14. Destiny

Okay this interview had many spoilers involved, so I was trying to figure out what to do. I went through and went this direction. You will read the first part of the interview and the rest spoiler free if you wish. But I put the spoiler in the box for those who wish to read them, then the rest of the interview.

When Flashpoint returns to CTV for season three on August 6 (and continues on CBS, who blithely ignore production seasons), the co-creators promise even more of a glimpse into the personal lives of the core characters. “What’s holding this season together is a family theme,” said Stephanie Morgenstern.

-The long-estranged, long-referenced son of Greg Parker (Enrico Colantoni) will make an appearance this year.

-the first look at the difficult relationship between Ed Lane (Hugh Dillon) and his brother, and revealed his wife’s surprise pregnancy.

“It reaches a point of such strain that she leaves him, even though she’s pregnant. That’s resolved in the finale,”

-“The theme of the whole series is the human cost of heroism,” - “How can you be a cop who puts his life on the line every day, and then come home and be the guy who cuts the grass and is there for your family?”

-Season three will focus on family bonds that go beyond blood relationships, “whether it’s a group of white supremacists who are on a mission to help the world become whiter, or a group of young basketball stars who are bound together in an oath of secrecy,” Morgenstern said. ‘Any strong connections between people they’ll make extreme sacrifices for, whether they’re blood families or families of choice — we’re testing all that.”

-Those tests will come with the help of some impressive guest stars, including, in Friday’s episode, Kelly Rowan (The OC), plus Lauren Holly (NCIS), Victor Garber (Alias), Erin Karpluk (Being Erica), Ian Tracey (Intelligence), and Douglas Smith (Big Love).

-Referring to the possibility of Olunike Adeliyi [NOTE: Played Leah] coming back in the future, Ellis said “we like to stay loyal to people we’ve had on the show. Unless we’ve killed them.”

-the death of Lewis Young (Mark Taylor) in season two, an event that will be revisited this season. “It felt like something we had to do,” Ellis said about killing off the character. “We talk about it being a life and death job. It felt like we had to show that’s the case. You can’t take it for granted that we’ll come out of the episode with the same people who came into it.”

“We come back to that in the finale, where people’s toughest experiences are re-explored under the stern gaze of an external psychologist,” offered Morgenstern. “This death comes to the surface again because no one’s been able to shake it.”

“The team is family and we take that seriously,” said Ellis, who admits to crying during the table read for the death episode. “If a member of your family dies you don’t just forget that. We want to do it justice.”

Canadian audiences have waited over eight months for the new season of Flashpoint, though CBS just finished airing season two (while calling part of it season three). The show has generally been scheduled with long breaks within and between seasons, causing fan consternation and confusion along the way.

“From our perspective, there’s never really a long gap,” an exhausted Ellis pointed out in our interview, conducted just as they were heading away for the weekend after writing the season three finale, before continuing with the grueling production schedule.

“What makes it tricky is we’ll structure a production season with an arc for some of our characters, and then when it comes to broadcasting, the episodes may be aired without the same continuity,” he said. “But we knew we were working with big network television and that possibility existed. So we construct arcs to reward the faithful viewer, but each episode has to stand on its own.”

They are watching the ratings on both sides of the border, but “on a personal level, what’s most important to us is that Canadians have taken to the show so strongly,” said Ellis. “That was the big brass ring for us, to become watercooler conversation, something my mom’s hairdresser would have seen. That’s happened and we’re grateful. We try to root our stories in the Canadian sensibility — that’s really important to us.”

When I’d asked Colantoni if he had any dirt on Ellis and Morgenstern before our interview, he replied, deadpan: “Yeah, how do they manage a successful marriage in the midst of this chaos? It’s the craziest thing. How do you f***ing do that? You live together, you work together, and you’re still happy being married. Explain that to me.”

They laughed when I dutifully relayed the question, but had a contemplative answer. “We draw on that, actually,” Morgenstern said. “I think the strongest relationships are the ones that survive the test of adversity. It’s a very high-stress path to work on a show like this with its relentless pace. It’s great when we can come out of it, side by side, ready to go on a holiday together.”

“I can’t imagine anyone I’d rather go on this adventure with,” she added.
    “Good to know,” Ellis interjected, before continuing seriously. “I don’t think either of us would say it’s easy. It’s extremely intense.”

As cowriters, they think of themselves as “our own little writing room inside the writing room,” as Ellis put it, offering brutal honesty to each other before facing the brutal honesty of the other writers.

According to Colantoni, their partnership pays off onscreen. “They’re the ones who, from the inception, understand the heart and soul of these characters. We know what they bring. We feel their heart and soul on the page every time they write an episode,” he said.

Ellis and Morgenstern’s confidence that Flashpoint would live to see another season was justified when CTV announced a season four pickup after our conversation. However, CBS has yet to make a decision.

“We left it wide open instead of wrapping it up,” said Morgenstern about the finale. “But we also constructed the episode in such a way that it returns to themes and stories for our characters that have been present since the first episode. So it also comes full circle.”

That said, it will be a while before audiences will see that finale. The first part of season three will air until mid-September, with the second half airing sometime in 2011 … when CBS will likely call it season four.

[NOTE FROM ME: I am going to double post on cause this has gotten long, eyes probably wonky, and I have a link or two to add in, better you see straight lol.]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  15. Destiny

These are some good stories.

Now he is cool.
    Flashpoint lets Toronto actor Sergio Di Zio live the dream
    As it begins its third season, show about police emergency task force is a hit on both sides of the border

This is a nicely written article about the show.
    Robert Fulford: Canada's Flashpoint may be sparse, but it’s highly engaging

This is what happens when Flashpoint rents your house
    [NOTE: May contain tiny spoiler, otherwise funny story]

Real-life cops grateful for portrayal on 'Flashpoint,' says star Colantoni

Schedule:

Air Date: Friday, August 06, 2010
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#311) "Severed Ties"

WOMAN KIDNAPS TWO YOUNG GIRLS WHILE THE SRU'S QUESTION HOW THE KIDNAPPINGS ARE RELATED. "Severed Ties" - When a woman kidnaps two young girls, the SRU's wonder why she zeroed in on these children. - A mom who lost her kids due to a drug addiction is now clean and wants to have her children back. After learning she can't have them back she goes to desperate measures to get her children back but doing so could put her life in danger.​

Kelly Rowan ("The O.C.") Guest Stars As The Kidnapper
    Air Date: Friday, August 13, 2010
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#312) "Follow the Leader"

TWO BROTHERS GET CAUGHT UP IN A WHITE SUPREMACY GROUP THAT IS PLANNING A TERRORIST ATTACK. "Follow the Leader" - When two brothers get caught up in a white supremacy group that is planning a terrorist attack. - Team one learns that there will be an attack on a white supremacist compound and discovers that have a much bigger problem on their hands, team one must try to stop and the bombs from killing people.
    Air Date: Friday, August 20, 2010
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBSEpisode Title: (#313) "Whatever It Takes"

A HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETE THREATENS SUICIDE AFTER HE IS KIDNAPPED AND BEATEN. Whatever It Takes" - When a high school athlete is kidnapped and beaten, the SRU's wonder why he would threaten suicide after they attempted to rescue him.​

Douglas Smith ("Big Love") Guest Stars as the High School Athlete.​