Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question I've always had on mind, is. who's older.. Danny or Flack?

AFAIK, Carmine is a few years older than Eddie, but I've always felt that Flack is intended to be older as well. Flack seems to come across as being older than Danny, but maybe that's just because he's the more mature of the pair and is less likely to go off half-cocked. I don't think any of the characters have been given definite ages on the show, have they?

They kinda-sorta gave Lindsay a definite age in "Sleight Out of Hand", I think, but I'm not sure what it was supposed to be. :p The form Hawkes filled out in "What You See is What You See" puts Hawkes at ~34-ish, but you know they wouldn't consider that binding because it was only a date jotted down on a piece of paper. ;) An upcoming episode should give Mac a definite age. Other than that, though, we don't know their ages, no.

I think Flack might be a touch older, but I could see it either way. I don't think the difference is more than a year or two, though. So I'd personally say they're about the same age.

Ceindreadh said:
One question I've always had on mind, is. who's older.. Danny or Flack?

AFAIK, Carmine is a few years older than Eddie, but I've always felt that Flack is intended to be older as well. Flack seems to come across as being older than Danny, but maybe that's just because he's the more mature of the pair and is less likely to go off half-cocked. I don't think any of the characters have been given definite ages on the show, have they?

Yeah I knew Carmine was a couple years older, so that kinda of had me leaning in the direction that Flack would be the younger one, But iguess they could be the same age.

Flack seems to be the older one just because he's so much more mature than Danny is, and he's always looking out for Danny, but I know they're also very much supposed to be peers, so it could be that they're the same age.

Flack is pretty much been great in every ep he's been in, but I guess my favs would be:

The Fall--obvious reasons, it's our first Flack-centric ep

On the Job--The way he took care of Danny emotionally (or tried to) was the first time we really saw the caring, emotional side of Flack

Trapped--Flack had some great one liners in this one, and really, I love it when he saves Danny's ass.

Super Men--Flack's line, "Sometimes brothers fight" is still one of my favorites ever

Consequences/Sweet 16/Past Imperfect/Comes Around--The conflict arc between Mac and Flack is one of the deepest ever done on the show.

Snow Day--Because who doesn't love Flack the hero?

Time's Up--Flack as James Bond? Yes please!

I can't put All Access on any favorites list of mine because of how much I hate that ep, but Flack was great in it, and it really showcased how good he is at reading his friends and handling them the way that will be best for them. He's sweet and consoling with Danny when Danny is upset or in danger, but he knew not to condescend or pity Stella in this ep. Eddie and Melina were so fantastic in that.

Yeah, I'd definately put Flack as older. And I imagine he's been in the NYPD for a fair while longer too. His experience makes it even more of a travesty that he's still a Detective Third Grade. What more does he have to do to get a promotion?

Favourite Flack episodes, I pretty much agree with what all of you have already said. :lol: My top four (in no particular order) would probably be The Fall, Snow Day, Consequences and You Only Die Once. Not that You Only Die Once was that great an episode imo, but Flack was certainly a fangirl's dream. ;)

Top41 said:

Super Men--Flack's line, "Sometimes brothers fight" is still one of my favorites ever

I love the interview on WOWOW TV where Eddie talks about how that line came about. It's one of his favourite lines too.

I also find it :lol: that he puts his great relationship with Carmine down to the fact that they take cigarette breaks together.

AlterEgo said:
Top41 said:

I love the interview on WOWOW TV where Eddie talks about how that line came about. It's one of his favourite lines too.

I also find it :lol: that he puts his great relationship with Carmine down to the fact that they take cigarette breaks together.

Love the interviews! Thanks!

( Is it me, or Eddie & Carmine ramble a lot? :lol: )

I always had a feeling that Eddie was a smoker too, but I wasn't sure because I don't think I ever saw a pic of him smoking. So, just the 2 of them smoke from the show, must be lonely for them. :lol: The best about the interview, the sense of humor. They are really great.

From "All Access":

221117xx0.jpg

Eddie was great in this episode. I just love his expression in this scene. So sweet and tender. And look at his eyes, you can see he is emotional. You can read Flack's affection for Stella in Eddies eyes. He's amazing! Eddie was born to act! :D

Zip with more caps here.

I am watching the WOWOW Eddie interview right now. :D Is he sitting in Mac's office? Heh.

Eddie, please do not ever try the ghetto-speak again. *guffaws*

It's so nice to see him smiling and laughing! He has such a beautiful smile. I noticed that he's kind of like Carmine in the way that their hands move around a lot when they're talking. I agree with Lorelai, both of them tend to ramble a little bit. :lol: I kind of lost track of what he was saying after a while. It seems like his thoughts are all over the place, hehe.

I'm new in this thread...
Mainly because my growing obsession with Flack is growing, mainly cos i rewatched some of S1 and he has some of the best lines, especially in 'Tri-Borough' it makes me laugh every time.

And in YODO... He is making me drool more and more and thats coming from a Danny girl. I think its the lines he has, cracks me up.

Hey, I'm glad Eddie felt it was a fling too. I would also like to see where the flack/angell thing goes. She is so much better them devon, and is somebody( besides me :) )That I can see flack really going for.

Welcome to the newbies to this thread! :)

And about the interview, all he says is very interesting. One thing we discussed here and all of us agreed was that the therm 'girlfriend' didn't suited him, more so if he said it on the interrogation room, and Eddie seems to agree with us. It's good to see one of the best parts in that episode (beside the white tank top and tux), the chat with Danny, was their own. Those two should make more dialogues :)

Eddie and Ghetto?

DAYUUM!

:lol:

I can definately see Flack with Angell. But never, ever with Devon *ewwwww*

I'd be perfectly happy if we never had to see Devon again. :D

Is it too much to wish that Flack would drop the line, "I dumped her ass", or something along those lines in a future episode if he was ever asked about her? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back