Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gun-wipe down could be symbolic, yeah. I like the idea of it tying in with Flack's father and his past and the "old school" way cops used to handle things. Flack is a moral and upright guy, but I'm not sure he'd shed any tears at a rapist being thrown off a roof. I wonder how he would have felt if Mac had thrown Dobson off that roof!

NOLAGRRL said:
I recall the CBS site saying he was "Yonkers-bred"

It certainly did. Maybe they just thought if it wasn't there then they could just change background characteristics and no one would notice. :lol: Or maybe he was from Yonkers but they moved house? "Bred" technically also refers to lineage, so it could still be assumed that his parents were from there rather than young Flack actually living there, maybe... Interestingly, with the Irish connection, my Irish colleague was talking about New York to me the other day and mentioned that Yonkers had one of the largest Irish communities in New York...

Ooh, such good ideas coming out of this thread everyone. :D

I love the idea of the gun wipe down being symbolic and that Flack's father may have been more "old school". It would make for a very interesting episode I think and Flack struggling with conflicting feelings about police work, ethics, family and morals would be great. (And Eddie would play it brilliantly). :D

CSI_in_training said:
We seriously need TPTB to get back to us on this.

We really do. But I imagine TPTB are like, "We've given them a girlfriend and a mention of his Mom and brother...that's more than enough 'development' for one season..." :rolleyes: :lol: I'm totally cynical.

Elsie said:
We really do. But I imagine TPTB are like, "We've given them a girlfriend and a mention of his Mom and brother...that's more than enough 'development' for one season..." :rolleyes: :lol: I'm totally cynical.

Perhaps TPTB think that is enough to make the show "New York", causing all of its fans to become cynical and bitter! :rolleyes:

I just had to come out of lurking...to thank Lorelai for posting the caps of Don from Time's Up. YUMMY! He's sooo beautiful. :D

My friends are always teasing me to make up my mind as to who I prefer more, Flack or Aaron Stanford. I tell them that I will never be able to choose one over the other. I'm greedy, I know. :lol:

Lessien_Tinuviel said:
I just had to come out of lurking...to thank Lorelai for posting the caps of Don from Time's Up. YUMMY! He's sooo beautiful. :D

My friends are always teasing me to make up my mind as to who I prefer more, Flack or Aaron Stanford. I tell them that I will never be able to choose one over the other. I'm greedy, I know. :lol:

Good to read you. He sure is beautiful!

So, I've watched Stuck On You last night & made some caps. I was thinking that when I have more than 5 pics, & I don't zip them up, I'll post on my LJ to keep this topic lighter.

Follow to find the caps.

Tell me what u think.

We really do. But I imagine TPTB are like, "We've given them a girlfriend and a mention of his Mom and brother...that's more than enough 'development' for one season..." I'm totally cynical.
Well let's hope you're just cynical and not clairvoyant because if that's all they give us, I'll cry.
Lessien_Tinuviel Welcome to our lovely thread, full of people who believe that Flack is the epitome of wonderful. We admire his wit, looks, interaction, looks, quotes, looks, heroism, looks...you get the point. He's our star and we welcome you to our humble home.

I agree. We need more than just a passing mention! It's about time we saw Papa Flack. I wonder who they will cast if he's ever written into an episode. Hmmm...

Thanks for the welcome! I'm beginning to like it here. :D Yes, he is the epitome of all things great and wonderful, isn't he? *swoons*

Definitely all this talk about Flack's back story makes me want to find out more about his past...All your theories about what actually what happened in Flack's past are really interesting...I hope TPTB give us more...They opened a can of worms when they gave us so little info about Flack. :lol: It would be great to find out more about Flack's family dynamics...Especially with regard to the mentioned brother/s.

Oh yeah. Some background info on Flack would be great...I mean, we do have a serious lack of it? Don't we?

We know he has a father who's now a legend in the police, but, how did he became a legend? What exactly did he to be one of the most known officers? Maybe that's why he's wipping his gun, maybe all has something to do with his father, bein a legend and the reason why becoming an error or a mistake for his father. Maybe the wipping the gun clean is a metaphor of him beggining withouth the weigh of that father legend theme.

^^According to Zuiker, it's not significant--even though he said before that the positions in the photo are significant.

Zuiker said:
There's no hidden deeper storyline in the photo...And Don Flack (Eddie Cahill)--you have the streetwise kid cleaning his gun with the scientist Sheldon Hawkes (Hill Harper), holding a flashlight to the system as he cleans his gun. Every twosome tells a story and then you bring out of it what you may.
That really doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I guess he's just saying that Flack cleaning his gun is simply Flack cleaning his gun.

So that's all? Flack cleaning his gun means Flack is cleaning his gun? And here I was, Miss Conspiracy, trying to find some underline explanation...

At least we know Flack likes his gun clean :lol:

AZ is kidding, right? Is he smoking smtg? :eek: Just read the interview. He said that there are hints, emphasize on hints, in the pic. That's the hint? That Flack likes to keep his gun squeaky clean and shiny? :rolleyes: And he does that in his lunch break. Right! Flack of all the people. :rolleyes: What about Hawkes flashing Flack's gun? What’s the super hint there? Missed a spot? :rolleyes:

:( I need chocolate now!

Sometimes a cigar is just :devil: ...aw hell, I can't even go on. Flack cleaning his gun for whatever reason is just fine by me...but they better not mess with the loyal good cop Flack we have all come to know and love.

Maybe it's supposed to symbolize that Flack is a clean cop--that he's dilligent and fair and keeps his gun (and his nose ;) ) clean. And if he doesn't, Hawkes will get him! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back