Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: *hands you cookies* So demanding. :p

Exactly, if they go there it will be pretty similar to Danny's story. But that could be good, would give them yet another thing that holds them together.
Maybe things appear to be similar but turn out to be very different, or else things don't look at all the same but are similar deep down.

Perhaps his brother is a suspect and is being set up. Or maybe his brother does something that might not be legally wrong but is morally wrong, and Don has to deal with that betrayal.

So many possibilities. :lol:

Faylinn said:
:lol: *hands you cookies* So demanding. :p

Exactly, if they go there it will be pretty similar to Danny's story. But that could be good, would give them yet another thing that holds them together.
Maybe things appear to be similar but turn out to be very different, or else things don't look at all the same but are similar deep down.

Perhaps his brother is a suspect and is being set up. Or maybe his brother does something that might not be legally wrong but is morally wrong, and Don has to deal with that betrayal.

So many possibilities. :lol:

Yummy!!

*with a mouth full of cookies* Yeah, we've already come up with plot of the whole season for Flack. Now, we just gotta hope that the brother won't share the dad's faith. :(

But doesn't knowing that he may not have a happy relationship with his brother give a new meaning to that look at Danny in the car, in Hung Out To Dry?

304048br4.jpg

304051se6.jpg

No, he's just pouting because he couldn't listen to his book on tape during the ride. :p

Flack thinking: I want to know what happens to Harry, but noooo, Danny makes me leave it off. *mumble*

Lorelai, I once again must compliment you on your caps. The larger ones show off his eyes just beautifully.

Regarding the issue with brothers, it could be a complete breakdown in communication. If you go with the theory that Flack's mother is deceased, and his relationship with his brother was not good, communication might have ceased after her death. Maybe not a good theory, but it could be something where they might not have gotten along, and with their mother gone, they no longer have a reason to speak with each other. There is no need to put up appearances, and they just don't speak. Just an idea, anyhow.

I was suprised to hear he had a brother, I always pictured him as the type to have an older sister..

I think that Flacks brother is older, I agree with Ceindreadh said about the Irish tradition. The main reason is, well I just don't see Flack as the type of person to let a younger sibling push him around, or insult him as he said his brother(s) did.

On the subject of his brother, I think his brother probably is in some kind of career that would be higher up than Flacks career, and maybe his brother is really smart. Flack has hinted many times that he isn't very smart, maybe school wasn't his thing and his brother would tease him or "insult" him about that.

I also get that vibe that his mother is dead.

So maybe when he was younger his mom died and his dad went into some kind of cold, depressive state and didn't have a good relationship with either of his boys. Or maybe, if we go with the school thing,he was very proud of his other son for being very smart, and he never really showed any affection towards flack so, flack was closer with his mom. And yeah, after she died(if she died) he didn't really have anyone that he was close with.

lol and maybe Flack has that whole cats in the cradle thing going on with his dad.

and we know Flack loooooves his food, so maybe by enduring everyone of his brothers insults to get one last taste of that paradise(don't know if i quoted that right) he meant that his brother insulted him about eating.. maybe his brother would call him fat or just insult him on his love for food...

yup i'm done now

catey1234 said:
Regarding the issue with brothers, it could be a complete breakdown in communication.
It's very possible. A breakdown in communication along with misunderstandings between them, maybe. Plus, if they're both busy, they can easily avoid trying to mend the bridges and they don't realize that it isn't worth avoiding each other--they're family, after all...

I'm very curious about the different relationships with their father, or if they've had the same experience. (I feel like I'm probably repeating myself and everybody else, but) Flack is an umpteenth generation cop, so I could see his dad being proud of him for following in the family footsteps. That could mean that the other brother was looked down on for not becoming a cop as well, and it caused some resentment. Or maybe Flack Sr wanted them to get into a different career that wouldn't force them to spend so much time away from their families--and with the brother going into something else, like medical school or getting a fancy business degree, he might have felt that Don didn't aim high enough...

You know, if Don has a strained relationship with his brother over the idea that the brother did 'better' by going to college and whatnot, it might explain the way he snarks with Hawkes--maybe he sees similarities to his brother in Hawkes? Danny, for example, is smart and educated, but he's very down-to-earth. Contrast that with Hawkes, who kind of seems like he's been sheltered from the reality of crime a bit--not as much as someone who doesn't work in the department, but there might be just a hint of his brother in Hawkes that makes him more snarky.

Which would make Flack's interaction with Hawkes even more interesting, should they go down that road.

Or maybe I'm pulling all of that out of my arse. :D (Actually, I know I am. ;))

flackie_boo said:
I think that Flacks brother is older, I agree with Ceindreadh said about the Irish tradition.
I can definitely see that. Isn't corned beef a traditional Irish-American thing? If so, that might be a little hint that at least his mom's side of the family is traditional and might have gone with the naming tradition as well.

maybe his brother would call him fat or just insult him on his love for food...
Oh man, now I've got the mental image of a chubby young!Flack stuffing down Mama's cooking. :lol:

CSI: NY should do a crossover with CSI: Vegas. Some Flack/Brass scenes. Some Flack/Danny/Nick/Greg scenes, god what a great man-meat sandwich to be in between of. That's my dream.

The Hot Geek- Greg, Southern Gentleman- Nick, Strong NYPD Detective- Flack, and hot tempered Italian- Danny. They can form their own justice league. Only in my dreams :)

Faylinn said:
You know, if Don has a strained relationship with his brother over the idea that the brother did 'better' by going to college and whatnot, it might explain the way he snarks with Hawkes--maybe he sees similarities to his brother in Hawkes? Danny, for example, is smart and educated, but he's very down-to-earth. Contrast that with Hawkes, who kind of seems like he's been sheltered from the reality of crime a bit--not as much as someone who doesn't work in the department, but there might be just a hint of his brother in Hawkes that makes him more snarky.

Which would make Flack's interaction with Hawkes even more interesting, should they go down that road.

Love this idea! Flack does make self-depricating comments about his intelligence--stuff along the lines of him not having a college education or the DNA/RNA snark at Hawkes. As we know, Flack doesn't have too many insecurities, but that could be one of them, and it would be really interesting if it tied back into a brother (I still see the brother being younger) who maybe lords his intelligence and higher education over Flack.

If we ever see Flack's brother, I think they'll go a different route than the Danny/Louie relationship. I don't see Flack covering for his brother if it ever comes to that though.

I do keep wondering about that promo pic, though. :p Flack wiping a gun off--I can't get over that! I've given it some thought and I wonder if Flack is wiping the gun off for someone else. If they're not his prints on the gun, but someone else's. Could this mean we'll actually see Flack's father? I could so see it tying in with him. Or is Flack once again protecting Danny? Less likely, but I can't see Flack risking his job for anyone else on the team.

It had just better mean something, or I'm gonna be annoyed. :p It's so obvious! Either way, I have a feeling that Flack is doing the right thing--even if it doesn't seem that way.

:lol: Of course Flack will do the right thing in the end.

I wonder if maybe wiping down the gun is symbolic? Like maybe he feels like he's a dirty cop, or something like that. Or maybe he uncovers some hard truths about his father's days as a cop* and doesn't know whether to let it go or pursue it...or something. :lol:

* Didn't they say somewhere that Flack's father was a cop in a time when there were more gray areas in the way the department worked? Something about a rapist ending up pushed off of a building or something? I remember reading it. Anyway, I get the feeling that Papa Flack might have been involved in some situations or methods that Don wouldn't personally condone in this day and age.

So maybe Don finds out about some criminal that his father dealt with in a certain way, and while he agrees that the guy deserved whatever he got, he isn't sure he can live with the way it happened--so he has to deal with knowing what his father did and 'covering it up' so to speak...

Or I'm just rambling again. :D (I think this is the most likely option.)

I am glad to see I wasn't the only one trying to figure out Flack's place in the family system. The whole "Jr." thing in addition to him following in his father's footsteps made me thing he was the eldest, but the comments threw me off. Knowing about the Irish tradition is an interesting tidbit though.

I hate that TPTB only throw us crumbs on backgrounds (especially Flack's it seems). I wanna know more *stomps feet*. I was thrown off by the whole Queens thing though, because in obsessing research for my ff, I recall the CBS site saying he was "Yonkers-bred" http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_ny/bios/index.php?cast_member=eddie but since they went all "wiki" it is gone.

My thought on potential future story lines, if the whole thing might be about his brother: Supposing NYPD legend dad is still alive, wouldn't he have some pull without Flack having to deal with a cover up?

I see Flack's character being intensely about loyalties. I think he is often torn between tradition and science. Historically, he would have grown up in a household pretty attuned to the thin blue line between police and public, in an NYPD era that is much different from the one portrayed on the show. I could see how this would effect him as the CSI Cop.

Anyone else think could easily come up with the first season of Flack's own show? ;)

I am going to stop before I really start to ramble...:)

Don't be frightened, dear, just go with the flow. :devil:

The only problem with Flack having his own show is that they'd feel the need to give him some cute female partner so they could have teh sexual tenshuns. :rolleyes:

Although if they shipped Angell over to the new show, I might be on board with it. :lol:

ETA: However, I'm still secretly holding out for the Super!Flack and X-Factor hour of crimefighting tv goodness. ;)

Faylinn said:
:lol: Of course Flack will do the right thing in the end.

I wonder if maybe wiping down the gun is symbolic? Like maybe he feels like he's a dirty cop, or something like that. Or maybe he uncovers some hard truths about his father's days as a cop* and doesn't know whether to let it go or pursue it...or something. :lol:

* Didn't they say somewhere that Flack's father was a cop in a time when there were more gray areas in the way the department worked? Something about a rapist ending up pushed off of a building or something? I remember reading it. Anyway, I get the feeling that Papa Flack might have been involved in some situations or methods that Don wouldn't personally condone in this day and age.

So maybe Don finds out about some criminal that his father dealt with in a certain way, and while he agrees that the guy deserved whatever he got, he isn't sure he can live with the way it happened--so he has to deal with knowing what his father did and 'covering it up' so to speak...

Or I'm just rambling again. :D (I think this is the most likely option.)

:D That I would like to see. Like the father thingy better than the brother one. But I still wanna meer his bro too. Any chance for that to happen this season? :rolleyes: :lol:

And of course Flack will do the right thing in the end.

I know it's been said a million times, but GOD does he have gorgeous eyes! *melts*
As for his brother, as it's a popular conversation topic as of late, perhaps it's not like Danny and Louis. My friends and I were discussing the possibility that Don followed his dad's footsteps where as the brother rebelled and went into something else. The 'insults' he refered to were actually just his brother chiding him on falling so easily into line.
We seriously need TPTB to get back to us on this.

We seriously need TPTB to get back to us on this.
If they leave us hanging like they did with "The Fall", I'll probably stop speculating about Don--if it's going to be a letdown, I won't bother. *le sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back