Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

It would be great to have an episode where his father were involved in some action, like someone he charged being innocent or somethig like that. It could make us see the interaction between Falck sr and our Flack, and his reaction to the fact that Flack make the same work he did in his working days (cause he seems to be retired).

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'd be very surprised if we got any mention, other than a vague passing comment, about the bombing. Flack's a pretty tough character, and I guess he would be the type to internalise things like that. So, any mention of injuries or the like would probably be best left to the people actually physically affected by the actions in the finale, in my opinion. ;)

That said, Flack has had one hell of a year! It must have been difficult at times, what with his continued recovery, the hatred that some other cops are feeling towards him, seeing one of his own men sent down for murder, and feeling partially responsible and emotionally torn by his actions in that case. Yes, I would like a quieter (but not in terms of actual screentime, of course!) start to the next season for him.

To repeat what I believe I said on the last page, after his heroic and, dare I say, legendary largest drug bust in NY history this man deserves a promotion! Seriously, we unquestioningly follow his incredible third grade detective career, but I would find it all a little more palatable if we could at least have a suggestion that he was moving up in the ranks. :lol:

And of course, the usual next season requests would be Flack Snr, a Flackcentric episode, and more bad wardrobe choices! :)

3. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

I like the wishlist!
    Flack's definately gonna need a promotion this season, something to say 'good job' after all the hell he's been through. Maybe he'll have a name for himself other than 'son of the NYPD ledgend'.
    And as for whether or not we'll hear about the bomb, I highly doubt it. After how little we heard of Charge of Post, it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't hear about it at all.

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I hope he gets a promotion, too, and that we see more friction between the CSIs and the cops with Flack in the middle. I think that's got a lot of potential for intriguing storylines and developments and I hope the writers explore it.

5. DannyMesser4eva

DannyMesser4eva Civilian

wots on 2nite

6. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

We all love to see him getting promoted, but this is CSI universe, where nobody remebers a bomb getting blasted and almost killing one of their detectives and where alegies comes and goes depending the needs of the writers, so...

And about the love life of Flack? A lot of us would love to see Flack in a relationship with another member of the team (cough *Danny* cough), but that is almost impossible, so, how about some chick to be the love interest of our favourite detective?

7. Top41

Flack should have his Danny, period. I think it's hilarious that the guy has never once looked at a woman with anything approaching lust, and yet can't take his eyes off of Danny. Can't say I blame him, but in all honesty, I'd love to see the writers delve into Flack having feelings for Danny.

That is, if they're going to explore his romantic life. For next season, I'd really like to see Flack in the middle of a CSI vs. police force conflict.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Me too. It would definitely be an interesting storyline, and you know Eddie would knock it out of the park. ;) The only thing is how they'd bring resolution to the conflict without alienating him from either group. He's a cop, not a CSI, but he's close to the CSIs and I can't imagine things would be comfortable between them if there was some kind of intense battle between the cops and the CSIs.

Geez, I just had the mental image of the cops on one side and the CSIs on the other, wearing armor and charging toward each other. :lol:

9. Top41

I love how Flack clashed with Mac this season, and I thought it did a nice job of highlighting the differences between CSIs and detectives, as well as the two men in general. Both are honest men trying to do good, but they approach things from different angles. I loved seeing that, and I'd love to see more next season. Plus, watching Eddie and Gary fight is just cool. They're both so good!

10. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

That or being in some real trouble, like the one Hawkes was in "Raising Shane". I suppose that Donnie must have stepped on a couple of toes in his brilliant detective career, so ... :devil: Would be nice seeing the CSI's fighting for him. ( Danny fighting for Don, for once :rolleyes: )

Anyway, I'll take whatever the writers want, as long as it comes in more that 3 scenes / episode! :(

11. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

^^^ I agree top41 seeing Flack and Mac clash would be really good! :D

12. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

I know. the man definately needs to be appreciated more. We need more scenes that show him and a few times where the CSIs stand up for him and not the other way around. We need to have Danny say 'he was/is right' or Mac say 'Flack is a good detective, he would never do anything to comprimise the investigation'.
    Flack is always standing up for the people around him, being a pretty great guy/friend to everyone and he doesn't really get it back. He doesn't really seem to get the same attention the CSIs do.
    Also, and completely off topic, I really miss the leather jacket from s1. *sigh* I don't see the point of getting rid of it. It was sexy ^_^

13. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I would love to see a situation where Flack knows some bit of obscure knowledge that the rest of the CSI's don't know, and they're all looking at him in amazement, and he's all "What, I watch Discovery channel" (or something like that).

Or maybe have Flack be the one to put all the pieces together for a change. I mean, I know it's CSI NY and not NYPD Blue, but Flack is smart, so lets see it.

14. Top41

^I'd like to see both of those things. I'm sure there's some piece of knowledge Flack picked up somewhere that he could throw out. I think it would be great to see Flack put a case together, but I see him as street smart vs. the CSIs' book smarts, and well, CSI is a science show. I don't think Brass or Tripp are solving the cases either. I'd love to see it, but I wouldn't expect it to happen.

15. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

Maybe Flack surprise us all resolving a case where CSI just went out of leads, using all his resources and contacts in the streets, showing all the scientists he's there for a reason, not just to get the suspects into custody and make the interrogations. But as Top41 said, the show is named CSI for a reason.

:lol: I'd pay to see something like that!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.