Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueGirl

BlueGirl Coroner

ANAHEIM, CA - 06 Jun 2007
    Anthony E. Zuiker, Eddie Cahill

[​IMG]

SYLMAR, CA - 12 Apr 2007
    Eddie Cahill

[​IMG]

Check www.viewimages.com for more MQ pics.

2. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

What's eddie holding in the 2nd pic?

3. hyburn8

hyburn8 Hit and Run

It's the Stanley Cup--the trophy for the #1 team in ice hockey. He's a HUGE fan of the NY Rangers. Sadly for Eddie, the Rangers did not win this year, but there's always next year.....:)

4. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

Eddie, don't stick your tongue out like that unless you mean it. :devil:

Nice pics. Thanks, BlueGirl for posting the link.

I'm all for plenty of Flack next season, but an ensemble show (sort of) has to balance it out between everyone (sadly). It would be nice to see Flack get some sort of story arc, much like this season. Something that offers a bit of independant character development.

5. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

There are a lot of aspects from Flack that can be developed, let's just hope they make it in the new season. One of the could be the relationship with his father, what happened to his family... We know Danny has a brother, that Stella is an Orphan... But what about Flack's family??

6. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

Flack had a story arc this season? I watched every episode and missed it! I'd love to see some solid character development for him, but I don't have much faith that this will be the season for it.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Guess what you consider a story arc and what many others consider a story arc doesn't mesh.

Anyway...penguinpie, I'd like to see that, too. I'd love to see the CSIs vs. cops thing built upon next season, as well as the tension that developed between Mac and Flack continue. I really liked seeing them clash, and liked how neither was wholly right or wholly wrong.

I also loved Flack's interactions with Gerrard--standing up to him for Mac, being encouraged by Gerrard to play the political game, etc. Does Flack play politics? I think he's shrewd but honest. He's a little more savvy than Danny is, but I think he still stands up for what he believes in.

8. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

Yeah, well, as much of one as an actual detective on a CSI show gets. :) The Truby thing was a good carry-over storyline, even if it did end up being All-About-Mac. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What I really want is for him to have more to do than interrogate suspects and provide a bit of exposition every now and again. As others have said, we could stand to learn more about his family, how he handles the inevitable office politics, anything really ... Anything at all, TPTB. You listening?

9. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

He can be more than just the cop that make the interrogations, but we got to admit that he's really good at that.

In Heart of Glass, in the end, when Mac was making the interrogation to the victim's sister, I was really surprised by the way he saw the whole thing. he wasn't just listenint to what she was saying, he was analising her behaviour, telling the others that the way she was talking, moving and looking she was telling the true.

For the next season they could make something like give a turn in an investigation due to his detective skills. It would be great, a scene where he can say to Mac something like "Not all in this world is science" ;)

10. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

True--my views are rather skewed compared to everyone else. I consider a "story arc" to be a story concerning a specific character, such as the Tanglewood story was for Danny (or references to Mac's late wife, Claire throughout S1 followed up with the arrival of Reed in S3; Mac's marine corps experience flashbacks during the S2 finale; Stella's reactions to specific cases following her own experience in "All Access", etc). Flack did have some good scenes throughout this season, but they were all within stories centering on other characters--mostly Mac--not for his character, like "The Fall" was in S1. Last season we did glean a few new insights into Flack's character, and I wonder if that's more Eddie's portrayal rather than the writing? Since he doesn't get front line stories featuring his character, I think Eddie has to put as much into Flack as he can within the material he's given to work with.

11. sweettea88

sweettea88 Civilian

ok so this is my first time posting in this forum, and i'm posting in this thread because it's freakin amazing(how could it not be, there's pictures of flack invovled), and because i freaking love Don Flack. i love all things CSI:NY, but i might love Flack just a little more than everyone else. so i hope you all don't mind sharing the obsesion :)

12. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

Welcome sweettea88, and don't worry about your obsesion, all the people who post here is a bit (or a lot, it deppends :)) obsessed with thr blue eyed detective...

And about the story arc, the one in consecuences was Flack's until the end of the episode, the moment Dobson was included it turned to be Mac's, but Flack took a big part, at least in the scene in Mac's office.

13. puppydog72

puppydog72 Hit and Run

14. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Hi! I'm a newbie to this thread!!

Anyway, I love the character of Don Flack, Jr. I like that he almost always has a witty retort for everything...One example is the following scene from the Season 1 episode, The Dove Commission:

Flack: Excuse me, Cronkite. You can't film here. This is a crime scene.

Reporter: Please, please, please. I was here before the shooting, covering the release of the Dove Commission Report. I'm well within my rights.

Flack: You keep filming, I'm gonna give you rights...and lefts. Now take a walk. Now back to your nests, you vultures.

That was so hilarious! He was so sarcastic! I remember laughing so hard when I saw that particular scene... :lol: Don't you just love that smart-alecky mouth of his? :D

I love that he is so intense and so committed to his job... and that he is so supportive of his friends, i.e. being there for Stella throughout the whole Frankie fiasco, as well as being supportive of Danny during the accidental shooting of that undercover cop in the subway in Season 1...

And who wouldn't want to give those rosy lips of his a big kiss?!? :lol: :devil:

Lastly, did anyone else notice that in Snow Day, particularly the scene where Flack was giving the press conference, he had a bit of gray hair on the sides?? Or were my eyes just playing tricks on me? :lol:

15. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

Oh, yes I do, but not quite in the way you're implying... :devil:

There are people who wouldn't? :eek: :lol:

No, our gorgeous detective is in fact sporting the slight salt'n'pepper look, and is making it look quite dashing too! *drool*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.