Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orison said:
Top41 said:
Hmmm...doesn't sound like he thinks much of the storyline. He wouldn't have wanted it for Flack it seems. I found that very, very interesting.

Yeah, I got the same impression. Guy's smart, I might add, he knows what's best for his character. I really liked his answer to this particular question, the whole "yes, no, yes, no" made me laugh... :D

I got that impression too, and it's nice to know sometimes the cast (or at least one of the cast) agree with us! ;)

I enjoyed the "yes no, yes no" part of his answer too - I can see that really getting on Flack's nerves! :)

^^Mine too. ;) Unlike Danny, Flack wouldn't have put up with that crap. Flack wouldn't have turned down women just to wait for someone that couldn't be with him right now but likes him "a lot". Flack would have moved on with his life. I also couldn't see Flack running off to Montana.

If Lindsay had treated Flack like she treated Danny, he wouldn't have been waiting around to play doormat. Yay for Flack. :D

Orison, I too loved his "yes no yes no" answer. Goes to prove Flack is defiantely not that patient.

^I know. And my respect for Eddie and the character you can definitely tell he loves keeps growing... ;)

Shoot I just thought of a good question to ask. Someone talked about Raising Shane. I remember wanting to know it that scene where he chased him looked as bad as I thought. Damn brain!
I really liked all the episode related questions he answered. They give we a added understanding of his character in those scenes. ;)

1CSIMfan said:
^^Mine too. ;) Unlike Danny, Flack wouldn't have put up with that crap. Flack wouldn't have turned down women just to wait for someone that couldn't be with him right now but likes him "a lot". Flack would have moved on with his life. I also couldn't see Flack running off to Montana.

Absolutely, and I think that's tied into Flack's sense of self and the fact that he's not insecure in the way that Danny is. Danny doesn't expect to be treated well and that's why Lindsay would never have gotten away with pulling her crap on Flack. Flack has a healthy self-esteem and is also more emotionally mature and wouldn't play games. I very much think with Flack, what you see is what you get.

It makes me wonder if Flack is concerned about Danny with regards to Lindsay. He obviously cares about Danny a lot, and I bet he'd worry about Danny being hurt. I would love to see a scene between Flack and Danny where they talk about it and Flack says something like, "Be careful...."

I also kind of wonder if Flack isn't Lindsay's biggest fan since he either ignores her or snarks her when they're on screen together, but it's been a while since we've seen them in the same scene, so I'd be curious to see how he treats her now.

If Lindsay had treated Flack like she treated Danny, he wouldn't have been waiting around to play doormat. Yay for Flack. :D

I know--I like that Flack is well-adjusted enough that he wouldn't let himself be put through that.

Orison, I too loved his "yes no yes no" answer. Goes to prove Flack is defiantely not that patient.

:lol: I know. That was great. "Not for me" was the best. :D

I also kind of wonder if Flack isn't Lindsay's biggest fan since he either ignores her or snarks her when they're on screen together

I've never got the feeling that he dislikes her, i usually get the feeling he is unsure of her. They are from 2 totally different worlds in some respects.

I would love to see a scene between Flack and Danny where they talk about it

Some flack and danny moments would be great on this. Although I sort of get the feeling Don Flack wouldn't be empathy type, i'd imagine it would go along the line of tellng Messer to grow a back bone.

Or there is the other option, that Flack finally tells Danny how he feels :devil:

This was posted on IMDB message board last year, i found it and had to share the Eddie love, he would be about 19 in this pic, you may have already seen it, but for those that haven't

http://www.skidmore.edu/academics/theater/trial.html

Sammy11 said:
I've never got the feeling that he dislikes her, i usually get the feeling he is unsure of her. They are from 2 totally different worlds in some respects.

They are, but I've always seen him as being somehwat dismissive of her. Ever since he just up and walked out of the interrogation in "Cool Hunter" leaving her behind, I've thought he doesn't think much of her. He's kind of snarky towards her (CoPT about the block parties, "People with Money" about the phone numbers) and it just seems that he either doesn't like her or dismises her.

Some flack and danny moments would be great on this. Although I sort of get the feeling Don Flack wouldn't be empathy type, i'd imagine it would go along the line of tellng Messer to grow a back bone.

He usually isn't the empathy type, but he's definitely got a soft spot for Danny. He was so gentle with him in "On the Job," and he looked out for him in RSRD. I think Flack knows how emotionally vulnerable Danny is, and I think he'd hate to see Lindsay taking advantage of that.

Or there is the other option, that Flack finally tells Danny how he feels :devil:

Now I love that option! :D

This was posted on IMDB message board last year, i found it and had to share the Eddie love, he would be about 19 in this pic, you may have already seen it, but for those that haven't

http://www.skidmore.edu/academics/theater/trial.html

Awww...look how young--and bald!--Eddie is!!!

He's kind of snarky towards her (CoPT about the block parties, "People with Money" about the phone numbers)

I read those scenes so differently... more flirty, maybe i'm just doing something wrong :lol:

he's definitely got a soft spot for Danny. He was so gentle with him in "On the Job," and he looked out for him in RSRD. I think Flack knows how emotionally vulnerable Danny is

That's very true, I was probably projecting onto Flack what I have been yelling at the TV ;)
I really do feel that Flack needs to sit down with Danny and tell him how he feels, its been long enough! My mum so doesn't get it when i'm shouting at the telly, just tell him god damn you, tell him!!!
I know, i'm kinda hoping its a bald cap. I think the bottom photo may include him as well... not sure though.

Sammy11 said:
I read those scenes so differently... more flirty, maybe i'm just doing something wrong :lol:

I guess I didn't read it that way because there's no lightness to Flack's voice, no smile in his eyes or at his lips like there is when he teases Danny or Stella.

That's very true, I was probably projecting onto Flack what I have been yelling at the TV ;)
I really do feel that Flack needs to sit down with Danny and tell him how he feels, its been long enough! My mum so doesn't get it when i'm shouting at the telly, just tell him god damn you, tell him!!!

Flack should! He'd treat Danny much better than Lindsay has, and I have no doubt the relationship would be much, much healthier.

I have no doubt the relationship would be much, much healthier.

I'm sure they would keep each other very active... A good cardio workout, I apoloise I need to get my mind out of the gutter!

I guess I didn't read it that way because there's no lightness to Flack's voice, no smile in his eyes or at his lips like there is when he teases Danny or Stella.

Have to disagree with you there.
COTP was the first episode of S2 that I watched, the first time I'd seen Lindsey, and without any prior knowledge of her and Flack, my take on the block party scene was that Flack was being just as friendly/flirty with her as he would have been with say Stella. (Plus he gets this really sweet grin on his face after Lindsey says 'Wyoming' <g>)

^I guess I saw his expression and tone as being more snarky and even a little condescending, given how he asked her something like, "Don't you have block parties in Montana?" But, different people can definitely look at the same scene in different ways.

I just have to throw my two cents in here. Please don't shoot!

CoTP is a bit borderline, but "People with money" only just showed this week in Australia and,yeh, Flack was not very happy with Lindsay's "teasing". There was a definite edge in his voice. And that little not-quite-smile after he said "Three" was not friendly.

You could interpret it that he thought she was being a bit personal and hadn't earned it (as Stella has). Or that he just doesn't like her. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back