Flack #6 - Your Handcuffs or Mine??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Flack #6 - Your Handcuffs or mine?

detectdevotion said:
My other theory on this is that Flack has probably been in the NYPD for longer than Danny. I get the sense that Flack went right in the PD after high school, just as he was expected to ( probably thanks to his father! ).
I thought as far as the NYPD was concerned, a person had to do either 2 yrs of college or military, and be 21 yrs of age?

But I did have a question about The Fall. I can't remember where I read something on rankings (and it was a while ago, so it bugs me that I can't remember), but I was wondering about the scene where Moran gives Flack a hard time about his notebook being an order. I thought technically Sergeant Moran still outranked Flack as detectives were on the same level as police officers, and therefore, really below people like Moran? But I guess since it had to do with a hot homicide case, Flack had priority or something? I don't know, I can't remember where I read up on the ranks, but the part bugs me every time I see it.

I guess it's safe to say that Moran has seniority on account that he had been in the force longer than Flack.

But speaking of ranks, maybe Flack does out rank Moran. After all, he had a reason to stay put in his beat.

That's true. He could have turned down a promotion to stay in a place where he could keep an eye on his son.

But I think you're probably right, SimplyBlue--Flack was probably able to give Moran an order because he was involved in one of Flack's cases.

However, I'd be interested to hear if anyone can shed some more light on this for us. :D

Re: The Fall...When I saw that I just figured that detectives are of a higher rank than beat cops. But I don't really know and I'm not sure I care to do any research. In any case it was a great scene and a great episode. As for Don outranking Danny, Danny is a hot head sometimes but I have a hard time imagining Danny copping an attitude if Flack has to pull rank on him. Not because Danny's a wimp, but because he has a LOT of respect for Don as a friend and fellow cop. In fandom it seems that people see Don as being enamored of Danny (staring at him all the time, etc), but I think that if you're looking at it that way (I try not to but you gals make it difficult and I mean that in a friendly way :D) I think that Danny is just as crazy about Don. If you're looking at it in a non-shippy way, he just really admires him and looks up to him but he's not comfortable about showing it.

Detective is a separate designation that is the same rank as police officer (although they do generally get paid more).

Can I just say, whenever Flack walks into a scene, he just makes me smile! :D ! He is sooooooo good looking that sometimes I can't even concentrate on the show! ;)

Yes, he is gorgeous, jgio. :lol: If a cop that hot was asking me questions, they'd think I was guilty of something because I wouldn't be able to keep my answers straight. Of course, that might not be all bad if he frisks me and cuffs me and puts me in the back of his patrol car...:devil:

I was thinking that was the case, keljopy, with them being the same rank. I read about it on some website or another, but I didn't know for sure. ;)

As for Don outranking Danny, Danny is a hot head sometimes but I have a hard time imagining Danny copping an attitude if Flack has to pull rank on him. Not because Danny's a wimp, but because he has a LOT of respect for Don as a friend and fellow cop. In fandom it seems that people see Don as being enamored of Danny (staring at him all the time, etc), but I think that if you're looking at it that way (I try not to but you gals make it difficult and I mean that in a friendly way ) I think that Danny is just as crazy about Don. If you're looking at it in a non-shippy way, he just really admires him and looks up to him but he's not comfortable about showing it.
In fandom, some people see a relationship there. I certainly don't think it's safe to assume that everyone feels that way based on a few of us here. ;)

But I think most of us think that Danny and Don are good friends. Maybe we've made an incorrect assumption about them being best friends at some point, since the writers have never specifically said so, but the evidence is there for good friendship at the very least. And nobody denies that, I'm sure. ;) Shipping is fun, but nobody implies that's the only way to discuss it. :p

As for Danny respecting Don, I definitely agree with you there. Don is someone that's easy to look up to, even if he's young. And in some ways Danny might view Don in the sort of older-brother role that Louie abandoned to protect him all those years ago, because Don really takes on the part of the protector when it comes to Danny. I'm not sure about the ages of the characters, there's been some speculation that Don is older, but either way he sort of has that place for Danny, I think. :)

I think Danny might mouth off to him at first, because that's just how Danny is (he's very defensive), but Don wouldn't take any of that from the Messer. :lol: Eventually, I could see Danny being abashed and apologizing in actions if not necessarily with words, and that would be enough for Don. ;)

jgio said:
Can I just say, whenever Flack walks into a scene, he just makes me smile! :D ! He is sooooooo good looking that sometimes I can't even concentrate on the show! ;)

I'm guilty of this too. Especially when I had my hands on my 2nd season dvd. Everytime he talks or walks in, the scene lights up. :D

Flack (as well as Mac and Stella) is Detective 1st Grade. Danny (and I think Lindsey, too) is Detective 2nd Grade.

If Moran and Flack does have the same rank (although not the same paycheck), well, why did Moran say, "Is that an order, Detective?" as if asking for a rank thing.

^^Do you rewind the tape or DVD to see Flack's scenes again? I do. I do it all the time. I just cannot get enough of Flack. I think the season 2 set comes out tomorrow. I must go buy it. There is so much I don't remember about the episodes. Can't wait to get caught up!

Yeap, it officially comes out tomorrow. Same here, I have to buy it!!! I can't wait. Yea, I always go back to the Flack scenes constantly. Right, there's a lot I don't remember either.

Oh yeah, I rewind the DVD to my favorite Flack scenes. Hahahahahah!

My brother (who believe it or not, watches it as religiously as I am -- he's 14) even jokes that if DVDs can file a case, I would be charged with physical abuse already. Hahahah...

He loves Flack's humor, too.

Haha, that would definitely be true for me too.

But think about it, how could you not love his humor? It's just so wry it's absolutely funny.

I watched "Grand Murder in Central Station" today and I was cracking up when he was talking to the doctor. You have to see it but it was so funny. He saw a woman all marked up for her cosmetic surgery and he's like "Whoa!" Then he's playing with the hemostats, asking the doctor if the other doctor ever butchered a patient, "nip a little too much here, tuck a little too much there" while waving the hemostats around. He's so funny. I can imagine the people on the set laughing when he delivers those lines. Yeah, I love my Flack.

Definitely. I know exactly what scene you're talking about. I know right, they probably have to call cut a bunch of times, from all the laughter. Who doesn't love Flack?? Well let me rephrase that, how could you not love Flack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back