"Father of the Bride" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

They've all showed "incompetence" at one time or another all of them. He's no exception, and on "brilliant" he's the one who put it together, realizing he was not in Vegas, & was using his trickery, on who killed who and why and how and why he figured it out. And he wasn't respnsible for his escape that would be the guards. that's certainly not incompetent, on his part. This guys is crazy and doesn't think like a rational normal person would. And Haskell is a shrewd and cagey lying creep. None of them can outsmart him. On Sofia I guess the writers gave her what they could in this episode, maybe later down the line she'll have more screen time. This ep. wasn't about her it was to show her input, for the time being~

2. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

he realised he wasn't in Vegas after he told Sofia he was in Vegas, which led to her calling off the FBI, he should have been removed from the case a long time ago, during the earlier years Catherine wasn't allowed to investigate Sam Braun because he was a "family friend", but Ray is allowed to investigate his own attacker.

Not only is it incompetence on the part of Ray, but also on the parts of Catherine, Brass, Ecklie, Sofia, Nick, Greg, Sara, Atwater and every other person in the LVPD thats a higher rank than Ray... which would be every other person in the LVPD, I suppose.

What Ray did to Sofia is the same as a regular person saying "No, the smoke coming out of the pet store isn't a fire", then a few hours later saying "The pet stores on fire" and then to be praised as brilliant? :wtf:

3. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I admire your staunch support of Ray, Desertwind. However, I must ask if you'd be giving the same support had it been a different CSI in a similar situation. Had it been Sara or Greg who got so personally involved in a case that they left their assistant supervisor at a scene without a vehicle and later getting snippy with their actual superviser, would you say it was okay?

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yes indeed, and have seen those situations in the 11 years as a fan. Too many to name. They've all done incorrect out of line things without supervision, and they've all done inappropriate things they shouldn't have. that at the time fans were going "WHAT"?. How many of you have had a serial killer nipping at you heels for 2 years? how would you react to that ? And bottom line TPTB, write the dialogue and the scenerios, the cast does what is written for them. ;)

5. byline

byline CSI Level One

The poster wasn't saying that Haskell was "nice"; the poster was saying it was nice (for you) that the same facial expression we've seen countless times still gives you the creeps. And, it's true. It's good that you still find something in that look. I -- and apparently some other viewers -- don't.

6. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

And I believe what PC and everyone else is saying is that the character, as written, is at fault, NOT the actor. If the writers want us to question this character's motives and actions, then they did their job well, as did LF when he brought their lines to life. We, as viewers, do not have to like or enjoy that particular aspect of the show, but a little back and forth between viewers show tptb that the show is still watched and critiqued, which is the hallmark of any show that merits renewal.

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

That's what I meant. Thanks byline.

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

But he is responsible for part of it. Ray's the one who let's Haskell push his buttons again and again and fall for his crap. Ray is the one that convinced Catherine to get Haskell out of prison so Haskell can tell him who Dr. Jekyll was.

Ray gave into everything Haskell wanted and Ray let his guard down :rolleyes: and got stabbed. Hence the REASON Haskell had a trial where he could escape.

So if Ray stopped giving into Haskell's games then Haskell would still be in prison. :rolleyes:

9. Lt.Sugar

Lt.Sugar Hit and Run

And we didn't have to put up with his story anymore and could watch something more interesting, something that might focus on anybody else than Ray and his personal vendetta.
    The last time I checked, there are four more CSI on the show :rolleyes:

10. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Ray should not have left Nick at the scene but apparently it seems that Catherine called him. Now he could have told Nick this but I really don't think it was a blatant chance to disrespect his supervisor.

Ray is mad. Mad that he is not smart enough to catch Nate. Mad because he's always playing catch up with Nate. Wasn't Grissom the same way with Milander? With Natalie? I saw Ray getting snippy with Catherine and Catherine, gently but very nicely, putting him into his place. Maybe it's because I don't see Ray as all that bad that I can see that there was some geniune respect towards Catherine in that scene.

I don't think anyone is saying it's okay. But frankly I never took these people to be so uber sensitive that Nicky would be crying over this disrespect or Catherine either for that matter. It all goes to show that the viewers tend to be more upset about certain things and give credence to more things than is actually there. Seriously if you're a Nick fan and anyone looks at him crosseyed you get pissed. The same could be said about Sara, Catherine or Greg fans. It's all human nature.

No, Ray is not the first CSI to process a case or be involved in a case that could have been deemed too personal. Grissom and Natalie. Catherine and Eddie. Nick and Kelly Gordon(and the lawyer). The whole team and McKeen. It's that creative license the writers use to make the story more compelling. Granted y'all don't think so with Ray and Nate but for some of us it's cool...

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  11. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I really don't think it was purposely done either....to disrespect Nick and his position....but personally, I think he could have at least said something along the lines of; "That was Catherine, she needs me back at the lab!" Instead of just saying that he had to go...but leave it to television and trying to make everything all the more suspenseful.

And I am glad that Ray stopped when Catherine called after him. I think I would have lost the little respect I do have for the character if he had outright ignored his supervisor in favor of his own personal vendetta against Nate.

12. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Was there anything mentioned about the fact that Henry said Hodges was moving out of his mom's? Wonder if there is any significance to that...

13. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

Nothing was ever said, at least as I recall, but wouldn't it be a wonderful surprise in the final ten seconds of the season finale to see Wendy walk into the lab?

14. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I was thinking along those lines also...

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

The first thing I thought of when Henry mentioned that was, didn't Hodges already do that back in season 8??

Would love for there to be some significance to the comment, but more then likely, just an explanation as to why Hodges wasn't around.

"I don't know who's more traumatized...him or his mom!" :lol: Great line Henry.

For those who would love to see that...me included...that would be awesome. But highly unlikely I'm afraid! Won't get the hopes up.