"Father of the Bride" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Apr 25, 2011.

1. electra

electra Pathologist

I was better then I expected.There was a lot of Catherine,Greg and Nick so despite that Sara was not there,I ended up liking it.Also I also find the "Brides" amusing and Vivian Tindsale story too.I am not exactly anxious about the finale but it was tolerable.

2. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I don't feel Nick was upset in any way either, he actually made a joke when Ray took off. "I can *hand*le it" :guffaw:

He looked perplexed that Ray left, but we all know his phone rang, and it is a work phone. I'm sure Nick knew it was probably Catherine, but I'm just stuck a little on manners simply because I keep trying to point these things out to my teenage son, and he seems to think they are unnecessary at times :lol:

One thing I did think was odd, is that Catherine called Ray back to the lab because of the video and Vivien's parents, but when Ray arrived, the tape was already playing toward the end. I just thought that once they'd watched it, and then called Ray, they would just wait for him to get there, and then start it over for his benefit. Minor point I know, it was just for the benefit of the audience to have it already playing for dramatic effect.

The Brides are just plain creepy, lol. It was pretty dramatic to hear their maniacal laughter, and the way they showed Tina chopping up the bodies at the end was cinematically (is that a word?) outstanding! Talk about some deranged people! :eek:

Wendy coming back would be awesome, but I don't feel it will happen either. That's too bad. It wouldn't hurt them to add Ecklies daughter and Wendy, for more female presence, even with Cath still around.

3. mobilaks01

mobilaks01 Civilian

Thank you for sharing. Waiting for new studies. ;)

4. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

I was happy to see Sophia....did they ever stated where she had been for the past few years.????

I loved the whole story about the brides...that was a good storyline!

5. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I always assumed she was wandering the desert after helping to find Sara...:lol:

6. byline

byline CSI Level One

I don't recall a specific explanation given as to why we haven't seen Sofia for so long prior to her promotion. The only comment I can recall is Archie's (?), saying that the new deputy chief's badge looked good on her. My take on it is that she's been there all along, but maybe working different shifts that didn't coincide with this team's graveyard shift.

7. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Well, this episode has only just aired in the UK and I'm having trouble deciphering whether I liked it or not because there were so many things about it which frustrated me and almost had me screaming "WHY?!" at my TV. :scream:

The main problem with the episode in my opinion was Ray. Okay, fair enough it's a chance to finally catch Haskell, and he's Ray's "nemesis" but even so I felt he was still really OTT during the situation. It seemed he took over the whole episode (even more than usual) and I personally think this is the closest the series has come to "The Ray Langston Show". The worst part was definitely his obnoxiousness towards Henry whilst processing the box, it kind of came across as a moment to create a bit of "awkward comedy" but all I ended up thinking was that he was an idiot.

Sofia was wasted. I was looking forward to seeing her again and I was disappointed with the 2 minutes screentime she got. It was still great seeing her, but like Lady Heather last week, it felt like she was just added in to promote Raskell again. This is probably what annoyed me most about the episode. :rolleyes:

I liked the opening scene with the cows (which was probably the funniest moment of the episode, not that there were many to choose from) but looking back, was there any point Ray being there? All it was, was a "oh look the hands don't match, gotta go bye" and he was gone. Personally think it should have been Greg with Nick at the beginning:

• Firstly, it would have made the opening scene a bit funnier in my opinion (I tend to think Ray makes a funny situation seem really awkward).
    • Secondly, Ray had enough screentime anyway throughout the rest of the episode. (Silly me I forgot it was the Ray Langston Show.) Yet again it seems that Greg's been demoted to "back-up" CSI, only coming in when Ray's dancing round the lab trying to save the world.
    • Thirdly, it would have made more sense for Ray to be shown the video as he got in to work, as ladybronco said, it didn't make sense for Cath to call Ray back to the lab and for them to watch it without him.

Oh and it struck me as odd that the whereabouts of the lab rats were explained, yet Sara was not mentioned at all.

There were some good moments in the episode however, firstly being the incident with the cows. It seemed very real that the CSIs would get lost on the way to the scene.

Nick/Greg's case was really what kept me interested, despite descending into Raskell. The scene where they found the bodies in the tub was excellently done! I was expecting worse to happen, it definitely seemed creepy and I was half expecting some insane person to run out with a kitchen knife dressed up as their mother. :lol:

There were a few good lines as well, not as many as usual but I really liked Brass' line about the Joker and Henry's one concerning Hodges moving out of his mother's.

Ray being reprimanded by Catherine was a scene I have been waiting for all season. It throughly did not disappoint and I hope that the writer's don't make the same mistake next season of portraying Ray as Superman.

Overall though, it was okay, but I can safely say that probably for the first time ever, I'm not looking forward to next week's episode. Especially as I've heard it's worse than this one. I'm half expecting that most of the episode will consist of Ray walking round LA sporting tights, a cape and a blue T-shirt with a big-red "R" printed on the front. I just hope next week involves Kryptonite... ;)

8. mati

mati Rookie

Hi gang
    I just was able to see the episode. I just remembered anew allt the reasons I loved that show and also why I'm not watching it that much anymore. Louise Lombard's appareance was 1. way to short (and she did so well ) and 2. from a story line viewpoint not really plausible (the writers could have done so much more with her return; that's a missed opportunity), although my heart made a happy dance seeing her return as Sofia Curtis. What I missed and what I also hoped to see was her walk :drool:!!! I agree with most of the statements I read so far and frankly, without Grissom and the original cast there's no CSI (and I do so not like Fishburn :(). I'm not sure if the writers lost there touch because the show is running so long or the most important actors left at some point. If Louise Lombard and Peterson would return (and I think they won't) I would restart and watching it. All in all a very unsatisfaying episode. Take care

9. modisens

modisens Victim

[removed spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Scheduled to repeat Wednesday, 8/31. :) Looks like we're heading into the "repeats to catch you up before the new season begins".

11. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

That's exactly what I told my hubby when he watched this weeks ep with me. Time to catch you up :lol:

That's the only bummer to the new 10:00 time, he's usually asleep before the end of it, but then it gives me a chance to watch the a 2nd time with him :devil:

It's been awhile now since I saw the end of the season, so it's a good time for me to see them again. In spite of Rascal, we had some good Nick moments in the last 3 eps.

12. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I loved this episode, it was nice to have Sofia back, she was always one of my favorite characters and it really p!$$ed me off when she disappeared without an explanation, she deserved an exit storyline.