"Father of the Bride" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Series: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'
    Episode Title: 'Father of the Bride'
    Episode Number: 1120
    Synopsis: "Following his escape, Nate Haskell, the notorious "Dick & Jane" killer, resurfaces when he e-mails a disturbing video to the father of one of his brides, threatening to take her life."
    Original Airdate
    : April 28, 2011
    Written By: Evan Dunsky
    Directed By: Frank Waldeck

Guest Stars:

• Archie Kao as Archie Johnson
    • Jon Wellner as Henry Andrews
    • Bill Irwin as Nate Haskell
    • Larry Sullivan as Officer Akers
    • Bruce Davison as Avery Tinsdale
    • Roxanne Hart as Jean Tinsdale
    • Louise Lombard as Dep. Chief Sofia Curtis
    • Tawny Kitaen as Lydia Kole
    • Tony Bozeman as Attorney (Brad Lewis)
    • Kate Blumberg as Vivian Tinsdale
    • Raymond J. Barry as Farmer (Arvin Thorpe)
    • Shy Pilgreen as Nurse Teagan
    • Shelli Bergh as Officer Shelley
    • Amanda Wyss as Tina Vincent
    • Tracee Ellis Ross as Gloria Parkes
    • Dean Norris as Phil Baker

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

There is a lot of guest stars in this episode. I can't believe only 3 episodes left of the season. I just wish they were not all focusing on a certain case.

3. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Yes, that is a lot of guest stars. I haven't seen Tawny Kitaen in ages, not since her music video days, lol. Guess I won't be surprised if she looks like a sexpot. I'm very much looking forward to this episode, and since I saw that preview with Nick saying "mooove", I know I'll be.. :guffaw:

At least it looks like Nick's got some screen time with Greg too, and not just Langston, although since the last 3 eps are so Rascal-centric, maybe I need Nick with Ray all of the time just to see him ;)

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

It's nice to see Sofia is back after all these years! She was a favorite of mine from the moment she appeared back in "Formalities," and I was really disappointed when I found out "Dead Doll" would be her last appearance. Hopefully she'll have more than a few minutes of screentime... seeing that it's such a large guest-cast, that doesn't seem so likely.

They could always bring her back next year though. ;)

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Wasn't there a move of the same title?

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think this title is so overused. How many movies has there been of this name.

Although fitting given we have a Royal Wedding this week.:lol:

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah. And a sequel.

I will likely watch this one, although whether I do the next remains to be seen. I'll be sad though to see Brass get yelled at LOL. Even though Sophia's an okay character.

8. Lt.Sugar

Lt.Sugar Hit and Run

Totally agree :thumbsup:
    Sofia back for season 12 would be the best Christmas and birthday gift :)

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well, the last time *I* saw her, she was on Celebrity Fit Club, so you might be surprised. ;)

"Brides"? Seriously?? I know we were calling them that here in jest after the episode with the trial, but they're really going with it?

10. byline

byline CSI Level One

Yeah, last time I spotted her was on one of those celebrity rehab shows, and she did not look good.
    I always thought that term was being used here very much tongue-in-cheek, and I like the humor here (though not the reappearance of Haskell). I think Haskell's got his own little cult going, and "bride" takes on a very different meaning in that context.

11. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

You have no idea how much I've been looking forward to this ep. Screw all the other stuff in this episode. I'm watching for Sofia. She might not even have many scenes, but I'm going to enjoy every second of her. :lol: ;)

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm looking forward to seeing Sofia too, It was never really explained why she left or where she went. Maybe it will be revealed in this episode. She had some great moments when she was on. The horrible scene when we didn't know who shot the cop her or Brass. And the ep. where she went on the bus to retrive the little boy, poignant.:( And then "Unbearable" maybe her best one yet. So it will be cool to see her re-acting on this episode~

13. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

I saw the promo, wow louise lombard looks great, I hope that they will explain why that sofia disappeared after she and nick found Sara in dead doll episode then 3 years later she showed up as chief of reno. Im anxious to see how they come up with that.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Nick to cow: Mooooove!

I hope that was mud on Ray's shoes that he's tracking inside the lab on his boots rather than manure lol.

Archie!!

Hi, Sofia, long time no see.

Doc to Nick: you smell like a port a potty.

Greg: Maybe he messed up some psycho stripper's boob job. (or did he say hooker?)

A cop beating up on a citizen? Ray didn't beat up on her, he just tackled her to keep her from running away. She helped a psycho killer escape prison for crying out loud. He had a right to tackle her if she wouldn't surrender. Beating up implies hitting and kicking, he did none of that... yeesh, there were plenty of witnesses who could corroborate that.

"I mean who has a name like Teegan? Give me a break!" hehe.

Brass about Haskell: He's like the joker without all the laughs.

Vivianne's mother: Do you think its strange that I gave birth to the true bride of my husband? :wtf: I just don't understand her comments... saying the daughter came to him and he didn't want it. Cath is right, she was a girl and he was an adult and could have said no.

Nick: Let's get it on.

Sofia hasn't been in this much... and I didn't hear her giving Cath, Ray and Brass hell for the Haskell stuff. Did I miss something or was this just hyped up too much... or does it happen next week?

Eew, all the bodies in the tub.

Too bad Ray didn't show a photo of Nate to Gloria and Phil.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Maybe that's later...I didn't see Cath at all. And I missed Sophia, so yeah, not much of her.

Love the porta potty remark lol

I was reminded in the opening sceneof a Diamond Rio that used to play on whatever channel the school bus driver had the radio on...the chorus is something like "Just before dark, jump in the car...." and then there's a line "...Cow in the road...)

That or the movie "Twister". "I gotta go, Julia, we got cows!"

I did enjoy Nick in that part, the farm boy coming out in him. Although I was like "Isn't there some way you used to move the cows back in Texas that you could use now?" lol