Family is a complicated matter

Four weeks after Danny spoiled Becca with a romantic evening without having to quickly hide because of Lindsey, Danny was beginning to feel like Becca was a distraction from everything. She wasn't anything to do with work or family. The only thing that she was was Mac's niece but that didn't bother either of them. He loved spending time with her but he also loved spending time with Lindsey. He was starting to feel just a little confused.

Meanwhile, Becca was beginning to be her old self again after everything that had happened to her recently. Now she was beginning to love her life again. As she walked to her Uncle's office at his work, she began to feel really unwell. She did have bad sugar levels and finally decided her health was more important than seeing her Uncle, but as soon as she turned to go to the snack machines she collapsed. Stella being the first to see her and reach her was concerned about whether Mac was about.

At Angel of Mercy Hospital

Mac at her side, holding her hand and as she lay sleeping. He was clearly upset about what the doctor had told him. He couldn't believe it, he wouldn't believe it. Why would she be so stupid? He thought she was too clever to do something like this. She was 17 and pregnant. He couldn't believe. He didn't even know she was having sex but he didn't notice much things about her and her actions. How was he going to tell her? Was he going to supportive? That is the question which is racking his brain. She began to stir when he came to his senses. "Becca?"

Feeling very groggy as she sat up to adjust to her surroundings. "What happened? Where am I?"

Moving closer to his niece. "Hospital sweetie. You collapsed when you came to see me. Becca..."

"I collapsed?" Cutting across his sentence. "How?"

"That's what I'm trying to tell you." Trying not to lose his cool. "Becca. You're pregnant." Not looking at her as he's too ashamed of her.

"Pregnant? No..." Laughing it off. "No. I can't be."

Standing up and moving away from her. "Yes you are. The doctor told me."

"But... We've been careful." Talking more to herself than Mac.

"Rebecca. I've gotta go back to work for a few hours. Will you be able to get home?" Still unable to look at her.

"Mac? You alright? Mac. Look at me." He now has his back to her. "Since when did you start calling me "Rebecca"?"

"I've gotta go." Within a moment he was gone, leaving Becca trying to digest the things that had just been said. "Oh my God. Danny. It's his!" More to herself than anything.

Finally out of hospital after a tedious amount of paperwork, instead of going home she goes straight to Danny's. Knowing he has a day off today she knows she has to tell him. How does she tell him? Their relationship is basically an affair, how can they raise a baby in this situation and do they tell Mac about their liasons? Without realising her feet have taken her to Danny's. The knocking and the waiting seemed to be forever until he answered. "Hey."

"Hey. I heard about what happened. Are you alright?" Moving aside to let her past. "Do you need anything?"

"No thanks. Can we just sit down for a sec?"

"Sure." Feeling rather confused.

"Right. First things first, after what I am about to say it's up to me what I do. Ok?" Danny nodding slowly and confused. "Ok. I'm... I'm.... How do I say this?"

"Say it quickly if that'll help." Holding her hand to comfort her.

"Thanks." Squeezing his hand. "I'm pregnant and you're the father."

"What?" Chuckling and pulling his hand away. "You're serious?"

"Yeah. That's why I've been ill."

"No! We've been careful. Hold on." Stopping his speech to think. "Oops! Valentine's day."

"Oh yeah!" Remembering also. "You can be involved as much as you want but I don't want to tell Mac that you're the father. He won't be best pleased."

"Yeah sure." Looking a bit shell shocked.

"Danny? Are you alright?" Standing up and moving closer to him.

Stepping back from her. "Yeah. Yeah of course I am."

"Danny. Do you want me to get rid of it?"

"Yes." Looking at her with sad eyes. "I'm sorry. I don't want to be a dad."

"Fine." She said angrily. "I'll do it on my own." Storming out of the apartment.

"Becca!" Shouting down the hall after her. "Damn!" Shutting the door in his temper.

------------------------

One of my BIG revelations! There's a few more to come. Hold on to your hats!

Last edited:
Just a little bit of a mess! :lol:

------------------------

Neither Mac or Becca are on speaking terms. Dinner was an awkward affair, neither saying a word, not even in polite conversation. He couldn't understand why she would be so stupid and she couldn't understand how he couldn't help her. Her morning sickness began three days after she found out and was suffering quite badly. Only her sister seemed to be supporting her in the idea of keeping her baby.

"Have you told the father?" Sarah giving the big sister talk.

"Yeah. Told him the day I found out and no I am not telling you who he is before you ask. Because you'll tell Mac." As she noticed Sarah was about to speak. "Have you thought about what I asked you?"

"Becca, your dad... I haven't seen him in years and haven't spoken to him either. I will look for you but don't hold all your hopes on me. I might never find him. Ok?" Becca nodding and crying softly. "Oh Becca." Hugging her. "Everything will be alright. Mac will come around eventually. You are not alone before you say. You've got me and Mac will never abandon you. He loves you too much!" Hugging her tighter. Sarah remembered that she did this when Claire died. The two sisters sat together for a long time until Mac got home from work. "I'll go. You two need to talk." Getting up and leaving.

"Mac.."

"Becca..." Both laughing at this.

"Mac, I am sorry. You do know that don't you?"

"Of course I do." Sitting next to her and giving her a one armed hug. "Becca, I was only upset more than anything But I was a bit disappointed."

"I know. I should have been more careful."

"Yeah. Can I ask...?"

"No I won't tell you who the father is. Sorry. He knows but he hasn't had time to let it sink in."

"Hey! How about a pizza to celebrate our reconciliation. Yes I'll pay."

"Wasn't going to say anything!" Giggling at Mac's face! "Instead I'll offer to go and get it. That better?"

----------------------------------------------

Going to carry on again soon. A little busy today as it's bank holiday weekend. Tell me what you think. Warning about next one a little upsetting! Revelation of her father!!

I wish it were that simple Mel! Can I apologise inadvance? When I wrote this I had consumed quite a bit of the strong substance! So excuse the spelling!

----------------------

As she walked to get the pizza, which Mac had ordered and had given her the money for Rebecca Conrad was to get the surprise and shock of her life. Not only happiness but also upsetting. As she was walking back from receiving her pizza, Becca was suddenly grabbed from behind and dragged into the nearest alley. Shouting with all the strength she had, no one seemed to answer. Crying for Mac more and more didn't seem to help. Unfortunately the young woman was knocked out by her attacker and is not found until the next morning by an unsuspecting passer-by.

Stella is the first CSI to arrive at the scene, unbeknown to her that the rape victim is Becca. "What do we know, Don?"

"Nothing." Feeling guilty that he had no answer to give Stella. "I asked everyone but no one heard anything or are too scared to say anything."

"Fair enough." One of the paramedics walks over to Stella and gives her the victims ID. "Thank you." Opening the Purse quickly and dropping it with fright and mouthing "No!"

"Stella?" Looking concerned for his friend. "What is it." Picking up the purse and also is shocked about it. "Becca?" Looking up at Stella. "We have to tell Mac."

Stella nodding with fright. Finally finding the courage to speak, "I'll tell him. I'd rather tell him." Leaving very quickly, leaving a confused Hawkes and Lindsay in charge.

------------------------------------------

Sorry it is a little short but this is a much needed part in the story. I promise that the identity of her father will be revealed soon but don't knoe when exactly.

how come it's not simple? lol I hope they find who did it. And hurry, I wanna know the other thing fast too

Last edited:
Back