Family is a complicated matter

luv_danny

Prime Suspect
As she walked back to the familar apartment building, Rebecca Conrad's feelings were confused once again. This home was where she had happy memories but also the sad ones. She lost her Aunt in 9/11. She was the one person whom Rebecca could trust. Claire had gained custody of her when Rebecca was two and her mother died of cancer. Rebecca has very few memories of her mother but in her mind Claire was her mother. Rebecca also had very few memories of her father also, all she could remember was his striking red hair and his piercing blue eyes. She was very young when he left.

As she approached the apartment building she decided to just use her keys and surprise her favourite uncle. But when she entered the familar apartment and called his name, she knew he wasn't home.

"At work as usual!" Deciding to make her way there but first hiding her suitcase in her bedroom in case he came home. She wanted to surprise him. Quickly she left the apartment, armed with her cellphone knowing her sister would call her to see if she got home alright. Hailing a cab and giving the driver the address. When she reached the crime lab and had paid the very talkative cab driver, she began to feel unsure about doing this.

After asking where Mac's office was, she slowly moved towards it just in case she spotted him. Suddenly her name was yelled, "Becca?" Turning on the spot to see the form of Stella Bonasera. "What are you doing here?"
"I've come to see Mac."

---------------------------

To be finished. Off out

Thanks Mel. I thought of it a few months ago but didn't know how to word it. Here we go, continuing from last post.

---------------------------

"Mac's in the office. Here. I'll take ya there."

"Thanks. It's good to see ya again Stell."

"You back for good?"

"Yeah. Only if Mac'll take me back."

"Of Course he will." Laughing at the joke. "He loves you as if you were his own, Becca. You know that." Finally outside his office, Rebecca could see her uncle busy working with his head over a piece of paper.

"I'll go in alone." Stella leaves her. Slowly walking into the office trying not to startle her uncle. "Hey Mac." Mac quickly looks up to see a young woman whom he wonuldn't have recognised if he passed her on the street.

"Becca?" Standing up so fast that he knocks his chair over. "What you doing here?" Walking very quickly over to her to hug her. "When did you get here?"

Standing back from him and laughing, "Hey! Slow down I barely got any of that! I'm moving back here and I got back today. That alright?"

"Yeah. Of course it is." He couldn't believe this was the same girl that he saw three months ago at her graduation. Then she was a broken person, mourning the recent deaths of her mother's other sister and her husband. All he could do was comfort her. Becca and her sister were the only females left in their mother's and Claire's family. They were the only family he has left. "Sit down. I thought you wanted to go to college?"

"Nah! I don't think I'm cut out for college. I think I'm gonna work for a bit." Mac noticed she still had her strong New York accent but it had a hint of Chicago in it. He laughed at his thought of this. "What's so funny?"

"It's just great to see you again. How are you doing?" A shrug was his only reply. "Right. I've just got a couple more things to do here then we could go and grab a bite. How does that sound?"

"Pizza! You know I want pizza!" Laughing at him.

"Ok." Walking towards the door of his office. "Give me 20 minutes." But after 5 minutes of sitting alone in his office and being nosy at everything and anything that was in there, a man walks in.

He notices Becca standing there looking bewildered at the familar face that had just entered the office. "Danny?"

"Oh! Becca. What you doing here?"

"I came to see Mac. He's my uncle."

"What? Your uncle?"

"Yeah. Please don't tell him that I slept with you."

"I don't intend to. My girlfriend works here as well."

"Ok. So it's a deal." They agreement was sealed with a nod. Nothin was said again as Mac walked in.

"Did you need something Danny?"

"Nothing important. See you tomorrow." Leaving quicker than he usually did, not looking at Becca or saying anything to her.

"Right. Pizza?"

"Yep! You're paying."

I'll carry on then.

-------------------

At the pizza parlour, the two relatives shared a nice hawaiian. They sat in silence until the elder spoke. "I'm sorry about your Aunt and Uncle. I came to you as soon as I could."

"I know. I tried everything to not let you come back here."

"Becca?" He replied sturnly. "Are you blaming yourself?"

"Yes!" Tears filling up her eyes. "If I hadn't decided to go and meet James's relatives, they would still be here."

"No!" Putting his chair next to her and placing a comforting arm around her shoulders. "Don't say that. It could've happened even if you didn't go. Becca, what happened was meant to happen. You told me that only four months ago."

"Did I?" Mac nodding in reply. "God! I'm sounding more like you everyday." Laughing at her comment.

"Come on, let's get you home. You look tired."

"I lied to you earlier." Looking very guility.

"What did you say?" Gettin his coat on.

"When I said I only came home today, I didn't. I came back two days ago."

"Why did you lie?"

"It was Sarah's bachelorette party and I stayed with her for two nights."

"You didn't drink?"

"Of course I didn't. I was there to make sure Sarah didn't get into trouble. Which she didn't before you ask."

"Ok. Don't lie again. I hate it when you do." Walking towards Mac's car. Beep beep.

"No! Oh come on!"

"Sorry Bec but it's work. I'll drop you home."

"Fine!" Mac sensed she didn't like the idea.

Two nights ago

Sarah Phillips was all ready to send her last night as a free woman with her friends and baby sister. "Becca?! You ready?"

"I was ready before you." Her little sister walking in dressed as if she were 22 not 17.

"Sorry? Who are you? You are not my sister!"

"Shut up!" Laughing at her sister's surprise at her own appearance. "Come on let's go."

At the club which they had decided to finish the night was the most eventful for the younger sister. She was just dancing on the dance floor when she had been spotted by a young man. He made his way over to her and began dancing with her. She did not seemed to mind as he was quite good looking and the last rum and cola seemed to have gone to her head. She noticed his lips moving towards her neck and she did nothing, her sister was nowhere to be seen, to protect her. Becca felt her dance partner's lips graze her neck, she actually melted to the touch instead of recoiling. His lips moved her ear, "My name's Danny Messar."

She quickly placed her mouth next to his ear also, "Becca Conrad." He moves to face her and places his lips on hers. The amount of drinks which she had began to affect her.

Without a moment's notice he asked her, "Do you want to come back to mine?" She moved with him towards the exit.

-----------------

Morning after the eventful night before, Becca found herself waking up in an unusual room and bed. She slowly turned over to see her partner but there was no one there. She found a note on the pillow. Reading it she was quite alarmed.

Becca,

I'm sorry to leave you without saying something but I have work. I put my number into your cell and mine into yours. Hope to hear from you.

Danny.

Quickly she dressed and left to get back to her sister's before she got an earful.

Thanks for the comments guys. This is my first and I'm trying to do it justice. :D :D :D.

Back to present day

Becca and Mac finally get talking about everything that has happened to them and what is going to happen. Becca never understood Mac when she was younger, she always saw him as her dad never anything else. But when Claire died that changed everything about him, he became depressed, wouldn't talk for days and sometimes would forget about Becca. That's the main reason she left, she needed someone to care for her and Mac wasn't doing his job.

Mac always thought of Becca as his own little girl but now he knew she was very independent and aware of the dangers around her and for this he had to be protective. Lasagne was the dinner they were talking over. "So...?"

"So what?" Replied the young woman.

"So... What's the plan?"

"D'you know what? I have no idea. When I decided not to go to college I didn't think what to do after. I might work."

"Where?"

"I don't know. I haven't thought that far."

Ring ring. Mac stands up and answers it. "Taylor? Hey Danny." Becca looks up out of curiousness. "Yeah sure bring it over. Becca won't mind. Ok." Puts down his phone. "Umm.. You don't mind if a couple of people from work come over?"

"Whatever. As long as Stella comes. If she doesn't I'll be hiding in my room."

"Of course she is." Smiling at his niece's usual attitude.

Hour later

All of Mac's collegues have arrived and just talk about work which bores Becca pretty quickly.

"Mac, I'm gonna hide in my room. As you lot are boring." Trying her best keep a straight face infront of Stella, who always made her giggle.

"Ok. Don't be cheeky."

YES!! Peace at last, no more boring forensics. Becca decided it would best be time to email James, her boyfriend. But as she did, her door opened and closed quietly. Turning around to think Mac would be there but it wasn't. It was Danny Messar. "What you doing in here?"

"I've gone to the bathroom apparently."

"But Mac..."

"Won't suspect a thing." Moving towards and as he reached her, his hands found themselves at her hips.

"Danny please..." Her sentence is silenced by his kiss. She wanted to pull away but her desires carried on. Finally pulling away. "Please go. I'll meet you another time. Not today." He moves in for another kiss. "Please?" Pleading with him and he melted under her piercing blue eyes.

"Ok." Leaving without another complaint. Leaving Becca giggling to herself about what had just happened and what could happen between them.

--------------------------------------

WOW didn't see that coming.
I'll take Danny with anyone other than Lindsay.

Good job, can't wait for more :D

awww...*Thwaps Danny* lol just kidding. I on the other hand do like my D/L though. Either way I'm curious where you take it.

My original idea was to write it as a script but that fell through. I'm glad for the responses. Here's more.

---------------------------------------

It has been two months since Becca returned to New York and is now working in a restaurant two blocks from home. The kiss which she shared with Danny previously had been forgotten and her relationship with her boyfriend was repaired. Her and Mac were getting alone much better as if they had never been apart. But while working at the restaurant she recognised someone and her heart leapt. It was the irresistible Danny Messer. She couldn't understand why she felt this way whenever she saw him. Walking over to him to talk to him, "Hey."

"Hey." She couldn't help but melt at the sight of him. "When do you finish? Just wondering if you wanted to grab a coffee to talk."

"I finish in an hour. You're welcome to stay only if you order something."

He laughed at this, "Sure, I'll have a coffee!"

"I thought we were going to have coffee?" Jotting down his order.

"I have been working since four this morning."

"Sorry. I'll get that for you now sir." Giggling to herself as she walked away unaware that his eyes were following her.

Coffee shop

"Right," started Danny, "I wanna know what is going on between us."

"Well, nothing. I thought it was just a one night stand?"

"So did I but I'm feeling something. A connection. Is it the same with you?"

"Kinda but I'm with someone and so are you."

"Doesn't stop most people."

"But I'm Mac's 17 year old niece. Didn't that occur to you?"

"Yeah at first but I see ya differently." She couldn't help but love his accent. It was different to hers. But she felt as if they were on the same wavelength.

"Danny... I don't know why but I feel different with you than I do with my boyfriend. Please can we not carry on?"

"Ok. But one kiss wouldn't hurt. A kiss between friends." He leans over the table and they kiss, soon breaking apart. "Okay two can't hurt." The second kiss was more passionate and longer.

"Ok. Mine?" His forehead touching hers.

"Ok." Smiling at her partner. "I can't be long. Mac's expecting me."

"Just say you got stuck in traffic."

"Good enough lie." Both of them standing up and leaving hand in hand.

--------------------------

Tell me what you think guys? It's getting harder to write Rebecca into the CSI:NY francise. I do have a storyline for the end but it then connects to another. Can anyone guess who her father is? I thought you would guess straight away. Might've just given it away saying that!

Sorry Heather but you'll have to wait til I say in the story. But it's because of the Danny and Rebecca situation the truth about her father come out.

--------------------------------------------

With Lindsey going to visit her sick mother in Montana, Danny wondered how to ask Becca to celebrate Valentine's especially with her having just broken up from her highschool boyfriend. Both of them lying in his bed, he decides to get it over with. She had come to him for some comfort as she was really upset about the break-up. "Becca?"

"Humm." Sitting against him relaxed.

"Do you wanna spend Valentine's with me? Only if you wanna." Feeling a bit awkward.

"Yeah. I'd like to. What you planning?"

"Cooking a meal but desert I'll have to think." His cheeky smile appearing.

"Danny!" Moving away from him, holding the covers close to her and turning to him. "Now behave."

"Sorry. You working then?"

"Til 11. What you going to do about that?"

"I'll come and meet you." Moving up towards her. "Then back here for the dinner. Better?"

"Of course." Leaning towards him and kissing him.

Valentine's Day.

Danny's at home trying to get everything ready in time for Becca. He had never felt this excited to see her ever. He didn't understand why she made him feel this way. Knock knock. He thought he was meant to come and get her. Opening the door to see her standing there with her cheeky grin.

"Sorry to surprise you but we closed early." Walking in further.

"That's alright. It's a nice surprise." Kissing her on the lips and lifting her off the ground while closing the door to the apartment.

---------------------------------------------

Right the next time I write I will be writing four weeks after this event takes place. And OMG you'll get a surprise and a half! Please give me good remarks!!! PLEASE!

Back