"Family Affair" Tenth Season Premiere Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 18, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: I wouldn't let a small spider crawl on me either... but at least you could see the big one. The small one could get lost somewhere in your clothing or something and end up biting you. :lol:

:lol: at Sara calling Grissom about Stevie. Boy that would be a funny conversation. "Hey, Gil. You know that pet spider you had at the lab that went missing? Well, Nick and Greg found him and he's actually alive!" :lol:

2. symbeline

symbeline Witness

She jokingly said that a lot of people e-mailed and asked for Hank so "he's alive and well in Costa Rica". That's what Carol said.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but in reality Grissom would NOT have been able to take Hank to Costa Rica, Hank would have to quarantined before he would be allowed free in the country, that goes for Paris too. Now if he has Hank with him in Paris and wants to come back to the US, Hank would have to in quarantine for 6 months before Grissom could get him back. I know Grissom loves his dog and I don't think he would put Hank through all of that.

Now having said that, I think it's funny and sweet that so many people are so concerned about Hank and what happened to him.

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

i hope we see grissom reunited with lil stevie i wonder if he goes back to grissom or stays with nick
    and we finally know the dog's whereabouts

5. Star4CatESPChick

Star4CatESPChick Police Officer

I thought it was an awesome start to a new season! However, I was baffled by the scenes before the intro with everyone and everything in a frozen position.

What surprised me was that Nick was able to handle that tarantula without freaking out. Hasn't it been a few years since he was kidnapped, buried alive and neary eaten alive by fire ants?

IMO, I am also glad that Riley is no longer there, I didn't think she was a suitable fit with the team.

Sara is back and I hope she stays longer than the five eppies that Jorja signed for.

6. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

How do they know it's Stevie and not some other random tarantula out there? Does a spider live for so long? Wasn't the name of the spider Charlotte?

7. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

The episode was good, but I'm definitely going to call it the "this-is-our-response-to-the-fans'-complaints" episode. I liked it, but it seem too ... formulaic.

• Fans complain that Greg is not getting enough screen time and respect. Boom (channeling my inner Danny Messer), he complains about respect.
    • Fans complain that Catherine is the one who is in charge and should be on the screen more. Boom, they conveniently make Riley the scapegoat who questions Catherine's leadership skills.
    • Fans complain that Nick should have more authority and screen time. Boom, he gets both.
    • According to the producers, fans never warmed up to Riley. Boom, she's gone.
    • Fans complain that the family feel is gone. Boom, now the season is all about family.
    • Fans complain that they miss the old crew. Boom, Sara is back for a bit.
    • Fans complain that Ray gets too much screen time. Boom, it's cut back and he's seen more with the cast.
    It's as if the writers and producers read our complaints on a daily basis (they probably do), and were able to glean their ideas from them. If so, that was pretty lazy, but as they can tell by the reviews, it worked.
    I'm not saying it was a good or bad thing, just obvious to me.

8. electra

electra Pathologist

I really liked this episode.I don't mind the bickering between Catherine,Greg and Nick becouse it happened under very stressful circumstances and people can behave like that.Sara was great as well.She was friendly and assertive.She gave Catherine the "outsider" perspective in this situation which she badly needed.Their interaction in the locker room was their best scene to date IMO.

Great episode overall and I am all for season 10.:thumbsup:

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I completely agree. It's one of my favorite Sara scenes.

10. byline

byline CSI Level One

He didn't freak out in a major way, but we could see tiny beads of sweat on his forehead. I thought that was excellent. We knew he was stressed out, but was managing it.

There's a kind of cognitive behavioral therapy in which a person confronts his/her anxieties through a gradual, direct exposure to whatever it is s/he fears. I wonder if that's what Nick is doing with Grissom's errant tarantula.

11. BenCSI

BenCSI Victim

I haven't found it anywhere on the web, wiki, yahoo nor the forum.

what's the name/artist of the song played in the opening sequence during the slow motion/matrix scenes? :confused:

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

It's most likely a John M. Keane original score.

13. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

The spider at the beginning was Nick's and the one at the end was Grissom's missing spider.

I liked that Nick is facing his fears. It shows he won't be a victim anymore and will not let Walter Gordon win! Good for him.

14. 915

915 CSI Level One

Well on the bright side at least they made an effort to listen to fans oppions, which seems like an improvement to me. Though it probably had to do with ratings a little bit to. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed with the season premiere now I have to see how the rest of the season goes.

15. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

My sentiments exactly :thumbsup: