"Family Affair" Tenth Season Premiere Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 18, 2009.

1. byline

byline CSI Level One

You got it pretty close. Cath said: "OK. That's a weird side of you."

We taped it, so I watched it a second time today and liked it a lot better. On second viewing, even the "sniping" came across as right to me, given the circumstances. It appears that things built up over the summer and must've come to a head at the time of Riley's departure, and so all of this was fallout from that. It makes sense to me, and gives me a good feeling for the start of this season. Also enjoyed Jorja Fox's return; it was a little bit shoehorned in, but still felt reasonably natural.

At one point, it was mentioned that the two lab personnel were in stable condition, and I think it was Cath who said, "That's good." So it sounded like they were going to make it, though it certainly didn't look good for them at the time.

2. Meta

Meta Hit and Run

I really enjoyed this episode a lot. Just want to point out a few things I like about it:

-Doc Robbins and Super Dave kick ass! Never mess with them cause you will regret it.
    -Kung-Fu Langston!
    -Sara's back and she's married to Grissom!:luvlove:
    -Cathrine, Nick, Langston, Sara, and Greg digging through the remains of vic's father. My favorite moment of teamwork on the show.
    -Wendy and Super Dave have been added to the credits. I was wondering when they were finally going to add David Berman to the opening credits. We already knew from spoilers that Liz Vassey was being added to the main credits.
    -I loved that part with Nick and Greg towards the end of the episode when they were talking about the tarantula. Better let Sara know that they found one of Grissom's pets roaming freely in the lab.:lol:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I still wish they'd tell us where the heck Hank (the dog) is. :lol:

Speaking of Hank, I swear I saw Hank (Sara's ex) on a commercial for mouse traps last night during the show. :lol: It looked like him anyway. :lol: Anyone else see it?

4. 915

915 CSI Level One

Yeah those three really know how to handle themselves in a crises :) and you never ever wanna mess with those guys unless you wanna end up in the hospital. ;) Liked that Langston took down that guy and that Doc Robbins hit one of the other guys, you go guys!

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

After I had rewatched the episode, I realized there was still a lot of Ray in it, but what was different this time around was that he shared most of his scenes with someone else unlike last season where he was the only one in a lot of scenes. That is the way they need to handle him and not get fans upset, have him sharing scenes with others.

6. GregNickRyanFan

Exactly. That's why it didn't seem bad with Grissom cause the majority of his scenes were with others. I thought the way they did the screentime in this ep was just brilliant. Handled beautifully.

I do wish though that we'd gotten to see Greg kick a little butt. Remember that one ep where he told Nick that he'd been taking some kick-boxing or something? I would have liked to have seen him use that. :)

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Good question where is he BTW? and I haven't seen that commercial, but hope to, maybe she will take and pick him up from their condo,[a dog sitter maybe be watching him] or maybe one of the other CS's have him, he's disappeared for sure, hope we see him soon 'GOOD BOY':thumbsup:

8. 915

915 CSI Level One

Yeah I can agree with that thing about Ray, I have a feeling I wouldn't like him that much if he was in a lot of scenes by himself. No offense to the guy he seems like an interesting character, but I like seeing plenty of the orginal gang (Catherine, Nick, Greg, and in this episode Sara). I'm glad we got plenty of everybody in this episode without somebody getting too much or not enough screen time. Hopefully they can keep this kind of quality the rest of the season. :)

9. GregNickRyanFan

Well, if this episode is an indication on how the rest of the season is going to be screentime wise, then I'm all for it. All in all, the episode left me with a good feeling about the rest of the season. :)

10. 915

915 CSI Level One

Yes now lets hope they don't disappoint us. This episode helped me rediscover my love for CSI and this one kind of had a little bit of the feeling I got from watching older episodes, even with the changes from the different seasons.

11. symbeline

symbeline Witness

Carol Mendelsohn said in an interview that Hank was in Costa Rica, I think it was on the season 9 DVDs

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  12. symbeline

symbeline Witness

Sorry for the double post, don't know what happened and I can't delete it

Carol Mendelsohn said in an interview that Hank was in Costa Rica, I think it was on the season 9 DVDs

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  13. Lightrock

Lightrock Civilian

I thought this was great and hope the rest of the season is as good

Top 3
    More Greg than usual
    Great to see Sara again
    The opening was awesome

Bottom 3
    Ray still seemed to get a bit too much screentime but I think Nick might have got the same
    Why did they skip showing us Nick, Cath and Rays reaction to Sara?
    Riley seemed to come off as a horrible person which I don't think is right

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

nice start of a season i must say. love Sara being back, loved the cool beginning, and believe it or not, i enjoy some inside drama tied to Riley's dissapearance. we finally get someone else to be the evil one, not just Ecklie (who i still adore as the prominent a-hole.) :)

and how could i forget? G/S marriage and team's reaction to it was awesome!

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's symbeline Carol said that? so Grissom took him down there? where was the dog when he was walking through the rainforest? that would make sense though he adores his doggie:thumbsup: and don't forget the tanantula scene, Stevie got out and has been hiding somewhere for how long?:rommie:Nick funny:lol:, and no way would I let a huge spider crawl on me EWWW:scream:Nick was brave in that scene. Maybe Sara will call and tell Grissom "we found Stevie":eek: