"Fallen Idols" Discussion *Spoilers*

Okay I have a lot of quotes going on here so bear with me on this I pretty much thought I was clear but I will try to answer a bit clearer IF I can. (Note I might shorten the quote for space and time).
Toots said: Destiny, I need some help here. To me, there is a fine line between discussing a certain shipper couple and something that happened between the two characters in the episode. I don't know about the others here, but it is too difficult to try to figure out just what you want or don't want us to discuss with regard to said couple.
Its really not that difficult and its not what I want persae, it is as it always has been, and yes its a fine line. In here you can discuss the ship only as it pertains to the episode, you're opinions, impressions, the actors, ect. Discussing a ship in an overall or comparison to previous eps should be done in SC, because overall and comparisons have nothing to do with the scene in this ep. Want to talk about grissom and work and ethics of the ship as it pertains to this ep thats fine.
mrb105 said: Ya I'm a little lost on this too, were my comments off topic, because I was attempting to talk about the future of the season without having to go into the spoiler lab
If they were you would know about it, future of a ship (as in guess work without actual knowledge) would be done more in SC or if its lite in said characters thread, if you mean about the season in general (again without actual knowledge and guessing) that can be done in here or in the spoiler lab.
xfcanadian said: yep...its confusing now, because the ship is part of the show...
True but in this forum only as it pertains to the episode at hand or in the spoiler lab as a future episode.
blackflag said: In my view it means that it has been only a very small part of any ep that it has been in and there is a lot more to the ep to discuss. There are enough boards that only discuss that scene that I come here to discuss what happened in the whole ep.
Similar to what I was saying not fully but close.
McStokes said: Yeah, this thread is more about the episode as a whole, and not intended to turn into a lengthy discussion regarding a relationship...there are other threads for that.
True but at the sametime it is apart of the episode and therefore can be discussed as long as the discussion of the ship is more about the scene shown in the current ep.
Toots said: But that relationship IS now part of the episode. Sure, we can discuss the other 40-some minutes of the other part of the episode, and I have to a degree already, but if that's not what I'm interested in talking about, then I should have the same right to discuss the particular scene that interests me at the moment.
Umm I think you just answered your first question, were not stoping you from discussing the scene, just the ship in an overall sense (which at one point it was headed not by you but by alot of folks).
xfcanadian said: Plus again, i have to keep going on lengthy discussions because GSR fans always give me lectures about my opinions, then I have to explain why I have those opinions...
An opinion you are entitled to and if you have to explain further maybe its because someone is more interested in how or why you have come by those thoughts, hey its a thought.
grisslybear said:
Comments like "GSR makes me want to vomit" or "there is a GSR scene in this episode *barf*" are OFFENSIVE and should not be part of these threads.
I don't care if you don't like GSR, you have to express it in a civil manner and in the context of the episode.
That is your opinion and some disagree with that, while I agree using more friendly, respectful terms is better some will just give opinions as they would normally do, if you disagree then in a friendly, respectful manner state why and or just agree to disagree and let it go.
allmaple said: i think there were threads in sc where you could discuss ships you dont like and why, but i could be wrong.
There was an anti-ship (insert name) thread at one point, not sure if there still is, if not someone might contact the mods there to discuss it.
blackflag said: I guess an easier way of putting it is you have your opinion and state it. Someone else states their opinion and it might be different. Don't make those of us who are here to discuss the whole episode have to wade through post after post of people fighting for their opinion. Everyone is allowed to state their opinion, and some may be different than yours.
Much closer this time and agreed on the last part about opinions.
mrb105 said: I think somebody should just make a thead "GSR Discussion" in this forum.
Which would only get moved to SC as its a ship and as I said above its not what I want, its just the way it is.
xfcanadian said: sure, why wouldn't it?? If thats how it makes you feel, than its part of your opinion...
Exactly opinion, based on the scene that pertained to that exact ep, without comparison, or overall discussion of a ship.

Anyone have eye crap? good though I have typers crap, basically what is allowed when it comes to ships?
Honestly nothing has changed in the rule, it has just not been inforced as much I guess before unless it resulted in either an argument where neither wanted to agree to disagree, or it started to head into an overall or comparison to other episodes. Yes the relationship is part of the show that is true, BUT only in certain episodes not in all of them.
Anything seen in other eps (that are not pointed out like for instance in this episode) is more an impression based on the opinion of what might be and not what is. Basically we in this forum ep discussions deal with the scene of that episode, or spoiler lab of future eps (where it is knowledge or possibilty of a scene may happen).

If anyone has further unclear feel free to pm me, and all I can do is talk to Tally to see if we can further clear the line for everyone to know where it is, *Thinks I am getting confused after all that* :lol: until then hopefully this will help. Now I need Ice!

Grissom always does to everybody, he comfort them by listen to them. He does with Sara, Catherine, Nick, Warrick, Greg and even Sofia. Grissom always there for them.

I love the episode. I like the whole cast working together, it not like Grissom and Sara do the thing in the break room, they did it at home at the end, probably 15 second of it. I'm not worry about anything. I watch the show because I love it.

I'm happy I saw Grissom and Nick working together, finally. Either Sara and Warrick working, Nick and Greg working together too, I'm sure the fan are happy about that. I see few minutes of Catherine.

I can't believe they still have that razor, My Grandfather (My dad's dad.) have it. That was good razor better then we have now.

I use to talk bad about GSR, not anymore. See, I didn't know about Sara is Grissom's love interest, because I starting watch CSI when Graves Danger was on. I use to watch it in the beggining and I wasn't interested, so I didn't know about it. When I read it other board, I kept on read it 'till I know it is true.

Which would only get moved to SC as its a ship and as I said above its not what I want, its just the way it is.

See I always look at Shipper Central as fantasy, and now that there is an actual relationship, I thought it would be proper to have a discussion on it, but now that I think about it more I guess it could always be talked about in Grissom or Sara individual thread. I also thought it would be a good way to keep the GSR stuff out of the episode threads and would also give people a chance to say what they agree and disagree upon, but if you say it would be moved I guess it's a lost cause.

Anyways, back on topic, this was the first classic type CSI episode of the season IMO. The whole team working together, along with Sophia and Brass was good to see. I said in an earlier post that this isn't our old CSI anymore, you could tell by its opening scene and the conclusion (GSR). You can tell the writers are being pressured by Grey's Anatomy and carrying so many things over this season with cliffhangers and what not. As much as I love classic CSI, it is good to see a change and I wasn't in love with this season after the first 5 or 6 episodes but now I am loving it. . . .

In conclusion, CSI is like fine wine, gets better with age.

NicknGrissom said:
Grissom always does to everybody, he comfort them by listen to them. He does with Sara, Catherine, Nick, Warrick, Greg and even Sofia. Grissom always there for them.

I love the episode. I like the whole cast working together, it not like Grissom and Sara do the thing in the break room, they did it at home at the end, probably 15 second of it. I'm not worry about anything. I watch the show because I love it.

I'm happy I saw Grissom and Nick working together, finally. Either Sara and Warrick working, Nick and Greg working together too, I'm sure the fan are happy about that. I see few minutes of Catherine.

I can't believe they still have that razor, My Grandfather (My dad's dad.) have it. That was good razor better then we have now.

I use to talk bad about GSR, not anymore. See, I didn't know about Sara is Grissom's love interest, because I starting watch CSI when Graves Danger was on. I use to watch it in the beggining and I wasn't interested, so I didn't know about it. When I read it other board, I kept on read it 'till I know it is true.

I agree that the whole gang working together was great, but the episode itself was a bust; the story was rather cliche, and it was nice seeing the whole gang together, but it wasn't anything they couldn't handle. If the MCSK is a tornado, this episode is a sneeze.

That said, I still want to point out that I agree that seeing them working was great, but I felt it was wasted (on this episode).

well, the only reason i kept going on the conversation was because several posters mentioned my opinions are wrong, and gave reasons why i should like GSR..and that happens everytime i comment on the GSR scenes in the episodes. I can't say I don't like the scene without getting a lecture.
i started this discussion and i would like you to go back and re-read my posts on top of previous page. i've never said you cannot have your own opinion. more so, i emphasized your freedom to express it, but in a civilized way.
Comments like "GSR makes me want to vomit" or "there is a GSR scene in this episode *barf*" are OFFENSIVE and should not be part of these threads.

I don't care if you don't like GSR, you have to express it in a civil manner and in the context of the episode. I am pretty sure that it wouldn't be met with positivity if I said "this episode is Greg-heavy *shudders*. Greg makes me want to vomit." Right?
oh boy, thank you grissly. finally somebody understood me, lol.
You can say you don't like [insert the ship] (if its per the rules stated), and as long as you give a friendly, understandable reason, then that is your opinion which you are allowed to, though they are allowed to disagree with you, if a conclusion is you all can't agree on something then agree to disagree and let it go, if you (or anyone) find that you are having problems (ie going against the rules), then contact myself or Tally and we will look into it
and that's all i'm asking for Destiny.

i started this discussion and i would like you to go back and re-read my posts on top of previous page. i've never said you cannot have your own opinion. more so, i emphasized your freedom to express it, but in a civilized way.

sorry, but the GSR DOES make me feel sick with those scenes...why should I have to change that opinion to make it less offensive to GSR fans?

I agree that the whole gang working together was great, but the episode itself was a bust; the story was rather cliche, and it was nice seeing the whole gang together, but it wasn't anything they couldn't handle. If the MCSK is a tornado, this episode is a sneeze.

That said, I still want to point out that I agree that seeing them working was great, but I felt it was wasted (on this episode).

I agree with this. This episode was supposed to be for sweeps, and it was just a regular eppy. Its like they just threw in the GSR scene at the end, and are not bothering with any effort in the cases anymore.

xfcanadian said:

sorry, but the GSR DOES make me feel sick with those scenes...why should I have to change that opinion to make it less offensive to GSR fans?

Noone is asking you to change your opinion. But if you take part in a public forum, you are bound by rules on how to express them. Suppose I think Catherine is a slut (I have to again make the disclaimer that I don't think so in any way, but I know there are people that do, so it's a realistic example). Can I come here and say "Catherine is such a slut"? This is bashing, and although noone can make me change my opinion, I shouldn't be allowed to express it like this here.

Ultimately it's a question of rules. You can always think what you want. The way you express it is bound by rules. I am not a mod. If the mods here allow, you can say anything. I am just expressing my views on what the rules should be, but ultimately it's their decision.

And no problem, Adzix :)

grisslybear & Adzix all my support ;)
the best ignore complete all the opinions that can you feel offend .your comment and ignore the rest .

can like it or not but the more important is the respect today is a episode gsr maybe tomorrow gcr and the same way cold be complete offensive and i think that all hers fans don´t like it, that every small scene or every episode gcr i ´ll say ( sick,scare...)
opinions yes but too respect for the 60% gsr fans.

fallen idols is a great episode with or without gsr scene cause they are great actors i think that is the more important that 20 seconds .

I agree. We had to outlaw the use of the word "Spork" as a nickname for Sofia on these boards because people took issue with it. People crack down if it sounds like we start bashing a character or an actor.

Why not a ship?

Keeping the integrity of the lab stuff is old Grissom, this is new Grissom. Post Sabbatical Grissom. You could tell that at the end of "Lady Heather's Box," he let Lady Heather get away when he didn't want her too. He was upset he put work in front his relationship. He has changed so get used to it. And they are doing a good job of keeping the relationship a secret, I mean c'mon, the rest of the cast are forensic scientists, and they haven't even figured it out.

Most of the rules are determined by the board, for example;
-Show Criticism: It's fine to say a certain aspect of CSI is bad, as long as you don't insult the people who think otherwise, and as long as you actually back up what you say. Jumping in and shouting "[insert name] sucks!" is not an acceptable form of constructive criticism.

Now how does this work with the rules that Tally and I have set forth we have taken from the rules, or problems, either way they have either a wide berth or tighter reign depending on the rule and how it has to be enforced.

Often times we allow people to try and work it out themselves which we find to be better then cutting in and saying "CHILL OUT!", if after a bit it does not look like it can be worked out, we ask that you step to neutral corners and we come in. We have always had the mantra if you will about "Opinions", and we have always had the line when it comes to "Ship" discussions in this forum, to the latter the only difference is the more it takes on as a whole issue the more we have to enforce where the line is here in this forum. Its not just LV that has to do this, all forums have their own line of certain discussions or added rules, You have the board rules and you have what we call the "Added rules" which is just as I explained above.

Okay so anyway we are on topic and yet off topic, lets try to get more back on topic, again if people have questions of either each other or myself then it might be better to PM them.

I'm just curious, and a bit confused by one aspect, if this is so "offensive" to some, why on earth keep stiring the "pot" so to speak, there are so many other topics on this site, for these fans who don't like this, maybe post on them, and be in your comfort zone... I know there's some topics & characters that I have absoutley no interest in, therefore I don't go there.. pretty simple solution.And I liked "Fallen Idols" very different twist, amazing acting by all!!!keep it up writers ;)

desertwind said:
I'm just curious, and a bit confused by one aspect, if this is so "offensive" to some, why on earth keep stiring the "pot" so to speak, there are so many other topics on this site, for these fans who don't like this, maybe post on them, and be in your comfort zone... I know there's some topics & characters that I have absoutley no interest in, therefore I don't go there.. pretty simple solution.

OMG! I am not trying to stir any pot! I am just trying to give my opinion on the scene in the episode, but I have been jumped on and questioned about my view point I have to keep explaining! Why can't I say I don't like the ship part in the episode???? thats my opinion...I am not calling other posters names, all I am trying to do is give my opinion, and it looks like Non-GSR opinions are not welcome here anymore.

I don't like GSR scenes, I am not going to pretend I do, I call it like I see it. It looks like GSR fans have taken over, and I am NOT GOING TO POST MY OPINIONS anymore :( :(

xfcanadian, you have the right to share your opinion here. It not too much GSR fan here much. GSR haven't take over the show. Sara is adult, she chose Grissom over three guys she could date.

I'm hard core Snickers, Grillows and minor GSR, not a hard-core. I'm not fond of Sandles or other shippers. I'm enjoy Sara with Greg as a brother and sister. I'm sure Sara seen Nick as a brother to her. She finally relax instead depressed. I go back and forth between don't like or like Sara, I'm just the same way with Catherine.

Back