Eva/Natalia #3: More of the Beautiful Compassionate Bionic Woman!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Horatio was leaning on his broken collarbone. I would've squealed too!!

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

At least we got a good bit of Natalia last night. I wasn't overly impressed with how tptb chose to connect the CSI's with that particular victim...I personally felt it would've been made more sense to remind Natalia of Nick (I would've liked to seen her get a glimpse of Heather & briefly pause a moment), or even Horatio of his own past...but..meh, instead we got the not-so-subtle reminder that Procter is expecting, & Horatio relating it all to Marisol. :cardie: Okie dokey...whatever.

That said. I chuckled at Natalia being H's little sidekick in helping him do his "dirty work" -- I kept thinking oh how nice, they're bonding. :lol:
    But in all seriousness, after what she's gone through battling these Nick demons, I think it's something that she's starting to understand & be able to relate to ...this whole need-for-revenge/dark side thing.

Next week's promo looks good...lots of Nat. Hopefully we might see a little 'Sleepless' aftermath in this one.

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The look on her face after she closed the door though looked as if she wasn't sure that she wanted to be there.I was surprised that it was Natalia there so I guess it was a bonding moment after all.

4. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I hope she questions him about it. Nat isn't the type of person who isn't going to let this thing slide.

5. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

One reason why I hesitated to watch. :shifty: There was zero connection in terms of the character. Def a meh.

I am not too sure if I like seeing Natalia doing Horatio's 'dirty work' (other than it was nice to see more interaction between them both), imo she seems uncomfortable there and the look on her face showed she knew it wasn't the right thing, though she still went along with it, probably because she trusts Horatio and doesn't want to question him (nobody ever questions him anyways). I seriously hope the writers stop this acts of Horatio.

So this was the scene Eva was talking about earlier about cops doing some 'dirty work'. Well, this was typical 'Horatio' but something new for Natalia.

And woah, our girl just walked out onto the road with incoming traffic. :eek: She very nearly got hit there. Nice scene though, I like it. :p

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh don't get me wrong - I found a little humor in her seemingly being "lured to the dark side" *slight sarcasm there*, but I agree she looked nervous & unsure. When Horatio told her to close the door I really thought he meant for her to wait outside, so I was rather surprised to see her actually climb in the Hummer & sit beside them.

Yeah, but that's a tricky one though - Horatio is her boss. If it were anyone else then I do think she'd question them if she felt they were in the wrong, but somehow I can't see her ever confronting H unless it's because she's worried he's going off the deep end.
    In addition ...would this really be the best time for Natalia to question Horatio's actions when he's hiding the fact that she nearly shot him & Ryan?

A little ballsy here lately, isn't she? She just strutted her way across the road like she owned it!! I so love her. :p

7. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I am not sure I am liking the new Natalia. I can't quite put my finger on it, but she seems more harsh and cold and am finding myself not connecting with her in the last couple of episodes.

8. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

'New' Natalia? 'Cold'? She is far, far, far from being anywhere near loosely being termed as 'cold'. :rolleyes: She has been interacting more with criminals than victims and I don't see how she is suppose to be anywhere near 'warm & nice' to them. She is no different from the rest either and in fact the least aggressive. In Sleepless she wronged that guy but the last scene was a great interaction between her and him, and her telling him she will stand by him all the way. In the last episode, if she was 'cold' she would have no reaction like Horatio but she had. If she is less agressive people take her as a pushover or weak.

9. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Michya, I am not including Sleepless in my assessment. Since that episode, she has been acting a little differently. I said I couldn't put my finger on it, but she is definitely more by the book and aggressive.

10. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I thought about this and I think there still can be a chance for Natalia to question his actions. Not directly questioning/confronting him but somewhere along the line where she tells Horatio this might not be the right thing to do. Remind him that he might hurt himself or get burnt in the process. I think this is possible and she seems a fitting person too, in a way she understands his frustration.

11. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Yeah she could give him ideas indirectly that she is concerned by asking if he is ok or something. I have a feeling that one day she will help Horatio out for all the times he's helped her.

12. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

I'm wondering if Natalia and H will have that talk. Possibly Natalia will think of H as "gone to the dark side" and then she will learn that he held the secret of what happened at Sleepless in Miami. That would make for a good H/N scene, like from Internal Affairs.

And it could be a way to bring H back into the light. He does seem to have lost it nowadays.

13. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

New spoilers and I hope it is a good one though I am refraining from getting my hopes up:

Speculate. ;)

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yay! :p

I'm definitly looking forward to this one! This should be the last straw for Natalia (I would think) .... she might just lose it on this guy.

I wonder why the spoilers said she's approached by a "man" instead of the "serial killer" :confused: ....maybe this incident isn't case-related but something more personal?

15. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

Greetings good people!

Yet again, it's been some time since I have posted here, or any other place on this site for that matter. I think this day I will try to turn that around.

As expected a number of you have posted on the last epi, "Happy Birthday".
    A good amount of Natalia, I was most pleased about that. More of her in the field and more of her in the interrogation room. It's neat to see her taking a more forceful and confident place in the organization.

About the scene where Horatio quite obviously roughed up that suspect. I tend to disagree some posters comments that Natalia has stepped over to "the dark side". It seemed more to me that she was clearly uncomfortable with being there and may have even knew what Horatio was going to do beforehand. I don't think she would have endorsed it in any way but given the situation she was willing to let it slide.

Overall I thought the epi was quite good. The episode itself had a sort of fast, race-against-time feel that we don't see too often in this show. Aside from that everything flowed together nicely.

It also looks as if Natalia has more epis where she is front and center and in the action. This is great! Keep it comin'!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.