Eva/Natalia #3: More of the Beautiful Compassionate Bionic Woman!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

That REALLY sucks but it seems likely to me....why??? But Frank wasn't in the last episode, right? Plus, we can't know for sure yet if Walter's going to be in every episode either, but yeah, they should be able to come up with some sort of other soloution =/. Man, this really sucks and they could at least give us something for why she's missing, I think!

Edit: Looks like theres no reason at all to not be happy about next episode though since there's even a lot of Natalia already in the promo and that doesn't happen too often! ;) I'm looking forward to it but it feels heavy to wait two full weeks for it.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ They did this last season too - I remember having to wait & wait for Natalia episodes because they'd sneak in her missing epis between the repeats .... it felt like forever.

As much as I hate this situation, I have to say it's far better than the way things were in season 7 (perhaps this is when the contract issues/cuts began?). She may have been in every episode then, but her screentime was so awful (1-3 scenes per episode) there was just nothing for her or her fans. Nothing!
    So, while I think it's crap that she even has to miss any episodes - & I'm certainly not excusing CBS/TPTB for this - I guess I'll take it this way where she still has a bigger role & a juicy storyline rather than those 'blink & miss' Natalia moments from all of season 7 (that season was a load of bullshit, imo).

But don't let my calmness fool you - this won't stop me from telling CBS exactly how I feel about Natalia/Eva MIA. ;)

3. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

I think it would be in tptb best interest to inform us of the 'reason', ...whether they simply state a vague answer as in "due to personal conflict"... or "due to contract negotiations..." just something to show that they take us as loyal fans, without whom, their show would serve no purpose (without viewers, a show is doomed to fail).

4. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

That one stupid decision jump the shark for me now. Nothing seems to interest me. So what she is in the promo (looks boring btw)? Trying to lure us with a carrot and chop our heads off later? :rolleyes:

I will need hard convincing before I am interested again - maybe another 9.05 kind of episode but obviously this won't happen anytime soon. :rolleyes:

I don't know why but this thing really pissed me off horribly, though techincally it is slighty less horrible than S7 (depends how you see it) - still is. :scream:

5. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

The only explanation TPTB have for me for her missing is cause she was at home resting from what happened in the last episode. When I watched the episode that's all I could think of what happened. The next episode looks promising though! Alot of Natalia in the promo. I have to say I'll take her missing only two episodes compared to four or whatever it is. I just don't think it's fair that she has to miss them when no one else does. ESP like Walter who is fairly new. How long has she been on the show? I think she deserves more screen time and story lines by now! What is it gonna take to get what we want?! I'm hoping in the next episode she starts having relapses of what happened with H and Ryan, or even get the slightest of her ear problem. This season they drew me back in cause after the last season, I was so close to being done with it. I hope they change my mind sooner than later for their sake. Anyway I know Eva will rock the next episode like usual! I'm happy about that! :)

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, then there is no excuse unless Eva asked for less episodes like Marg did. I just thought at first there had to be a good reason because they were doing so well with the screentime with every main character until this episode. It just seems strange to me that they'd fall back into old patterns. Let's hope this is the only episode they do this in and that it doesn't become a pattern like in past seasons.

You really didn't miss that much. Really the only good parts were Walter tricking Ryan into taking the messy job and then Horatio grabbing the probation officer off of the girl and throwing him out the window of the trailer.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I reallly missed Natalia in this episode.The fact that she has had some really nice screentime this season made her absence felt even more.
    That all depends on your point of view. I thought Ryan discussing his gambling past in connection with the case was great.That was a nice bit of continuity for once from the writers. That's what the fans want for Natalia too,some continuity.

8. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

I'm with you, mjzud, this seems to be a good season from Natalia's pov even with the absense. Two episodes is better than three or four, even if I of course feel disappointed about the whole thing.

I thought last episode was alright. The fact that they feel like a team again makes me anticipate each episode more. The storyline wasn't fantastic but it wasn't by all means bad either, better than season 8 average, I would say. I have to admit I like the action take-on this season and that Natalia is getting more and longer scenes which actually pushes the case forward, she feels way more like a contributor this season than she has done in periods before :).

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh yeah, that too. Forgot about that lol.

10. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Look! I found a site with screen caps of Season 5 of one and only Natalia! http://evaafter.webs.com/

Awesome! Had a good look at the Curse of Coffin scene where the blood samples spilled on her forehead. :eek:

When can we see Natalia helping in the morgue once again?

ETA: There are also S4 screen caps on the site above too. Lots of them.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Thanks for the link.Curse of the Coffin was one of my favorite episodes.

12. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

Thank you! It is a good one, def. on top 10, probably even top 5, for me :)

I'm seriously considering plowing through the two previous Natalia-threads, but it feels kind of like a heavy and time-consuming project ;)

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

What an awesome site...so many lovely Natalia caps to look at. :p

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving, Eva & family included.

Eva news:
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/11/prweb4832794.htm

Too bad there's nothing spoilerish to report on Natalia...however...
    In the 'Wheels Up' episode (I think it's that one, I'll double check later) Natalia & Horatio question a woman who appears to be in an abusive relationship. It isn't much, but since there's a mention of abuse & Natalia involved in the questioning then I'm sure we'll see some sort of reaction from her.. a sign of what's around the corner.. something.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  14. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I read the spoiler but it doesn't seem anything to me but for Natalia's sake, I hope there is something being referenced.

15. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

Well No football delays tonight!!! For me at least! I was so happy!!! Overall, wasn't a bad episode and I was satisfied with what Natalia we got. I guess next weeks is Blood Sugar? For some reason Eva looked really tan in tonights episode. But she looked beautiful as always! :) Looks like well get plenty of her in next weeks episode as well. I was wondering one thing with this episode though, what were they doing to the guy when they were in the Hummer to make him speak? Anyway happy for the 200th episode! It was well worth the watch. :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.