Eva/Natalia #3: More of the Beautiful Compassionate Bionic Woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little late, but Congrats on the new thread! :beer:

Thanks, Solitaire! :)

Im hoping we get some more info on the domestic abuse thing. I really hope it wasn't something they just put in there, and will never mention again. Eva did so well with the hearing problem storyline, they have to give her something more!

I'm hoping that we get more as well. It's was shown previously that Natalia has ties to an underground organization what assists abused women and children to go into hiding. She was able to get information for Horatio on a case.

I would love to have a story that revolves around Natalia still being very involved in helping vicitims of abuse. Whether is is rendering immediate aid or just helping them find their way through the court system in such cases.

I think they could weave Natalia's abuse into that scenario very well. She could use her past experience to console/support abuse victims in showing them they are not alone and you can successfully get past it and have a good life.

I'm actually hoping that the hearing issue isn't dead. If it is that was pretty pathetic. I can't help but think there should still be problems related to a CSI with a hearing aid. What if that hearing aid malfunctions? What if, as has been mentioned before, loud noises are electronic signals negatively affect the hearing aid at a crime scene or while she is on duty.

I don't want a quick fix like they did with Grissom. I want them to seriously address not only the cause of Natalia's hearing loss, but the ramifications to her personally and professionally. Something along the lines of how we watched Delko deal with the headshot.

That said, it scares me what they would do to her as a character when I think of how they eventually destroyed Delko to make that whole thing work. :(

I believe Natalia will stay true to her character, I don't know but I have this belief that Natalia will be able to cope with the ramifications, if any and besides I don't think it will bring that much of an adverse effect on her. ;) Though I know it is tptb who writes Natalia, I don't care, I trust Natalia. :p

Btw imo, Delko was destroyed (to me) not because of that gunshot to the head but due to him being over 'clingy' to his partner and there was too much focus on him.

I believe Natalia will stay true to her character, I don't know but I have this belief that Natalia will be able to cope with the ramifications, if any and besides I don't think it will bring that much of an adverse effect on her. ;) Though I know it is tptb who writes Natalia, I don't care, I trust Natalia. :p

Btw imo, Delko was destroyed (to me) not because of that gunshot to the head but due to him being over 'clingy' to his partner and there was too much focus on him.

Agree, on both parts! It really boils down to what 'purpose' TPTB have when they create these life-changing issues (to force a romance is never a good one, it leads to changing one character solely to fit the other). If it's to knock them down & pick themselves up again, it's ok, it works -- in Natalia's case I think everything she's had to struggle with has only made her that much stronger -- I have faith that she'll do just the same with any ramifications she has from this new issue.

Delynn- I agree that it would be great to have a storyline where Natalia helps a victim of abuse. She has such a compassionate side that it would work really well, as well as fitting in with her backstory.

I'd like to see her have a personal life as well. But it would need to be written correctly & I don't have much faith in TPTB in the "love" department. A simple sidestory involving a man she's dating would be enough.
:lol::guffaw::guffaw::lol: why? sorry for asking but what or who is TPTB?
But I agree they:guffaw: have to write that romance correctly and carefully!!

^^ 'TPTB' (The Powers That Be) refers to writers, producers, showrunner, etc. You'll see it alot on the boards. :)

:lol::guffaw::guffaw::lol: why?
You're not really asking me why I feel that way, are you? :lol:

thanksss so much for the definition of tptb:thumbsup:
yeah I was wondering why you do not trust tptb. maybe you had a bad experience with these writers, just asking:scream:! lool I have!!!(for killing Delkos sis) loool but sorry for asking why XD ;)

^^ No apologies necessary Alexa. I've never been fond of the E/C storyline & it's fairly well known to everyone here that I feel that way -- I wasn't sure if you knew that & asked 'why' out of sarcasm (sorry for the misunderstanding). :)

I would love to have a story that revolves around Natalia still being very involved in helping vicitims of abuse. Whether is is rendering immediate aid or just helping them find their way through the court system in such cases.

I think they could weave Natalia's abuse into that scenario very well. She could use her past experience to console/support abuse victims in showing them they are not alone and you can successfully get past it and have a good life

I like this, it's perfect for her. Add in '*kung-foo Natalia' teaching these women how to defend themselves & that'd be one awesome storyline. :p

* I can't help but want this ever since I saw Eva in 'Cries in the Dark' when Carrie jumped the suspect onto the ground & pinned him , & then kicked the crapolla out of that woman at the end. Natalia needs to do that. :D Though I prefer it not be random; in the middle of a personal crisis would be good. ;)

Cries In the Dark? Was that the movie where she was a cop and trying to find out who killed her sister or something?

Cries In the Dark? Was that the movie where she was a cop and trying to find out who killed her sister or something?
Yep, the woman had killed her pregnant sister & cut out the baby.
That really happened about 5 years ago where I live -- I was pregnant with my 3rd child at the time; freaked me out!

^^Very shocking and scary case about the pregant lady being killed and baby removed.

'Kung-fu' Natalia? Awesome. :lol:

Well I hope the new episode will give us an idea where Natalia's story is heading and which direction the show is heading with all that is going on.

Thanks for the picture! I'm so mad I live in Florida and everytime someone goes down there I always miss it! Ugh but I watched a scene from that movie Cries in the Dark, and it looks good! I wanna see do you know where I can watch it at? But talking back to the show, I was thinking, you know how they were gonna let her go get drinks with Jesse and he was gonna tell her why he was in Miami? but he never came? Then he goes and tells calleigh first? I just wanna know why they always stand Natalia up from hearing information. It's almost like their still letting the mole be part of this and they're afraid to tell her anything cause she might go report. I mean I never would think she would do that, but it's just a thought. Cause he was gonna tell her. But he never did, he told Calleigh instead. I didn't get to watch the epi last night. Heard there was alot of Natalianess though! Gonna have to watch it today! :)

Finally we get to see Natalia relating and trying to help the victim and it was awesome. I love these moments and I love Natalia in this episode! She wasn't involved in the case much because her scenes are mainly with the girl who survived, Anna.

Now, when Natalia tried to get Anna to talk, Natalia was sharing her past experience with Nick and said she paid a heavy price. So this 'heavy price' was her cochlear damage? Some of you know I've been suggesting that her cochlear injury was due to someone else because it seemed more recent. Well this revelation kinda shift the gear back to zero...now I am clueless!! :confused:

So the previous spoilers about Rebecca has been dropped or pushed back to a much later episode? Rebecca was in only for a minute and she never mentioned anything about any investigation. I guess the script was changed because Zombie was going to direct and they had to fit other things in.

It was really, really nice to see Natalia trying to help the abuse lady by relating her own experience. I wonder if her storyline would be link to Jesse now -- not directly but indirectly since Natalia is the one who is interacting with this lady whom Jesse is trying to help.

Eva did a good job too. :)

Finally we get to see Natalia relating and trying to help the victim and it was awesome. I love these moments and I love Natalia in this episode! She wasn't involved in the case much because her scenes are mainly with the girl who survived, Anna.

Yes! This is exactly the story I wanted to see with Natalia. She so obviously connects in a real way with abuse victims. Eva is so warm and caring that she gives Natalia a compassion and caring that isn't the least bit forced or phony.

I'm thrilled they went there with her and I hope they continue along with path with her. :thumbsup:

Now, when Natalia tried to get Anna to talk, Natalia was sharing her past experience with Nick and said she paid a heavy price. So this 'heavy price' was her cochlear damage? Some of you know I've been suggesting that her cochlear injury was due to someone else because it seemed more recent. Well this revelation kinda shift the gear back to zero...now I am clueless!! :confused:

Again, I hope they continue along these lines. There is a significant potential here. They need to mine it for all it's worth. Eva could kick butt with this story. CSI Miami could actually have a chance for someone to win an award after a long time without one if they would just give Eva something to work with and the step back and let her go!

So the previous spoilers about Rebecca has been dropped or pushed back to a much later episode? Rebecca was in only for a minute and she never mentioned anything about any investigation. I guess the script was changed because Zombie was going to direct and they had to fit other things in.

I found the interaction between Horatio and Rebecca very interesting. A lot less hostile than the last time. I found myself hoping that she does appear in the future, so maybe they will bring her back when the investigation story comes up.

It was really, really nice to see Natalia trying to help the abuse lady by relating her own experience. I wonder if her storyline would be link to Jesse now -- not directly but indirectly since Natalia is the one who is interacting with this lady whom Jesse is trying to help.

Eva did a good job too. :)

I'd like to see them get past the stupid story they threw those two into (Jesse coldly standing Natalia up and then Natalia refusing to work with him - which I thought was totally out of character - Natalia is too professional for that) and get them into a decent friendship.

This could be a great way of doing it!.

Eva was excellent last night. More evidence that they need to use her much more than the have been.

Geesh, I feel like the writers just woke up from a 3-year sleep & decided to pick up Natalia where they left off mid-season 5!

I love it, but at the same time it has me going :wtf:!

Michya, I had the same impression that Nat's "heavy price" comment went hand-in-hand with what we learned in 'DBTS'. I will always have a hard time buying that it's a 5-year old injury when the Doctor asked if it was recent, but oh well ...guess we can assume TPTB missed that one?

I'm quite intrigued nevertheless -- where could this be going? Is she just going to reflect on what happened? The last time we had these references to her past (Rio, Going Under) we saw Nick pop up fresh from jail a few episodes later, so I'm really anxious to see what will surface by finale.....Nick? Nick's ghost? Flashback? Definitly seems that there will be something more relating to her past in upcoming epis. *is super excited & hopes it doesn't fall flat*

So the previous spoilers about Rebecca has been dropped or pushed back to a much later episode?
I was lost on that one too, 'cause
it's already been confirmed by co-executive producer Barry O'Brien that Eric will indeed launch an investigation on the team.

Again, I hope they continue along these lines. There is a significant potential here. They need to mine it for all it's worth. Eva could kick butt with this story. CSI Miami could actually have a chance for someone to win an award after a long time without one if they would just give Eva something to work with and the step back and let her go!

I couldn't agree more. 'Abuse' is tragic & it shouldn't be something just swept under the rug for Natalia -- I'd really love to see them push the envelope here & let Eva run with it. This is the exact type of drama I love because it's incorporated into crime & blends with the show so well; they have such great opportunity here with this character, her past, & Eva's talent!

So the previous spoilers about Rebecca has been dropped or pushed back to a much later episode?
I was lost on that one too, 'cause
it's already been confirmed by co-executive producer Barry O'Brien that Eric will indeed launch an investigation on the team.

Barry O'Brien is the one who wrote last night's episode. That makes it even more confusing. :lol: Maybe he's trying to confuse viewers on purpose. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back